Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She more than hinted at it, Dr. Drew just played her interview with Howard Stern from 2006. She said the lawyers wouldn't let her put what he really did to her in her book, that they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. And that he is not a nice guy, he's a really bad guy. That he preys on women, like women straight out of rehab.

By hint I meant did not use the word "rape". She did not need a lawsuit. And she tells a consistent story.
I think a lot of people know damned well she and other inebriated women are raped in large numbers, but they just do not care. They do in fact, blame the victims, saying that is the cost of being a "party girl"

I see moving of the goalposts again. So interesting. And link please that they are what you say they are.

LOL, you think these gals misidentified someone else as Cosby? Seriously?

If not, then the Innocence Project is irrelevant.

By hint I meant did not use the word "rape". She did not need a lawsuit. And she tells a consistent story.
I think a lot of people know damned well she and other inebriated women are raped in large numbers, but they just do not care. They do in fact, blame the victims, saying that is the cost of being a "party girl"

Oh I gotcha, sorry if it seemed like I was jumping on you. I totally agree with you. This is making me a bit too emotional, I think I need to step away from the thread!

I think I need a cocktail and I don't drink.

Most respectfully bolded by me.

Any crazy person who was in a room with BC can now claim they were raped and get in on this.

Are you inferring that the female victims accusing BC of horrific, humiliating, demeaning, unjustified, unwanted, unsolicited sex by rape are crazy? Which meaning for the word "crazy" is your intention?

Crazy:

1 a : full of cracks or flaws : unsound <they were very crazy, wretched cabins — Charles Dickens>

b : crooked, askew

2 a : mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man>

b (1) : impractical <a crazy plan> (2) : erratic <crazy drivers>

c : being out of the ordinary : unusual <a taste for crazy hats>

3 a : distracted with desire or excitement <a thrill-crazy mob>

b : absurdly fond : infatuated <he's crazy about the girl>

c : passionately preoccupied : obsessed <crazy about boats>

I think I need a cocktail and I don't drink.

Most respectfully bolded by me.

Are you inferring that the female victims accusing BC of horrific, humiliating, demeaning, unjustified, unwanted, unsolicited sex by rape are crazy? Which meaning for the word "crazy" is your intention?

Crazy:

1 a : full of cracks or flaws : unsound <they were very crazy, wretched cabins &#8212; Charles Dickens>

b : crooked, askew

2 a : mad, insane <yelling like a crazy man>

b (1) : impractical <a crazy plan> (2) : erratic <crazy drivers>

c : being out of the ordinary : unusual <a taste for crazy hats>

3 a : distracted with desire or excitement <a thrill-crazy mob>

b : absurdly fond : infatuated <he's crazy about the girl>

c : passionately preoccupied : obsessed <crazy about boats>

Nope, I am not calling any of them crazy. What I meant is just what I said:

Any crazy person who was in a room with BC can now claim they were raped and get in on this.

And I stand by my statement.

I think this crime will become his legacy....regardless of statue of limitation and all that crap he thought surrounded his (star) aura. Game over.
JMO

It is interesting how Woody Allen and Bill Clinton are still worshipped after their dirty deeds, yet it is game over for Cosby.

I see moving of the goalposts again. So interesting. And link please that they are what you say they are.

I understand how you might feel that the goalposts are being moved. So I will be quite specific. This isn't directed at you personally, just jumping off your post.

I would like to see the statistics regarding men who have been wrongfully accused of rape by someone with whom they had an acquaintanceship, comparable to the ones described between Cosby and his accusers, and later cleared by DNA.

I would like to see the statistics/examples of men who have been wrongfully accused of rape by someone with whom they had such an acquaintanceship, and had their lives ruined.

This is comparing apples to apples, I think, while comparing men who were convicted of stranger rape based on faulty ID to the circumstances described in the allegations against Cosby is comparing apples to oranges.

I am not talking about Richard Jewell who was, if I recall correctly, accused only by law enforcement. That is comparing apples to cheeseburgers.

Nor am I talking about something like the Duke lacrosse case, in which as far as I am aware the accused and accuser never laid eyes on each other before that night.

It is interesting how Woody Allen and Bill Clinton are still worshipped after their dirty deeds, yet it is game over for Cosby.

Not by me. If you care to read the thread about it here on Websleuths, you will see that I said several times I used to be a huge Woody Allen fan, even seeking out his autograph on a vacation in NYC, but now I am convinced he's a disgusting pedophile.

As for Bill Clinton, I'm not sure how he figures into the discussion? Monica never claimed she was raped.

ETA: As far as Bill Cosby, he's pretty much been a non-entity in my existence. I kind of remember a long time ago hearing some comedy bits of his that I thought were funny and that's about it. I never watched any of his shows although of course I remember how popular "The Cosby Show" was back in the 80s.

Thank you. But some of the men on that list were also convicted of murder. I meant specifically men who were wrongfully convicted of rape alone and exonerated by DNA. Clearly the murdered women could not lie.

There were a lot of cases where investigators and prosecutors were "certain" they had a violent felon, and led the women to believe they "knew".
None of these cases have anything to do at all with IDing someone the victim already knew. None.

I totally agree- the analogy does not hold up.

Nope, I am not calling any of them crazy. What I meant is just what I said:

And I stand by my statement.

"Get in on" what exactly?

Does anyone know the exact number of women that are accusing him at this moment?
Is it 17?

Again please give me your link to support your post.

You are the one claiming this could be exactly like these cases of witness mis-identification.

Cannot for the life of me see how anyone could misidentify Cosby. That is just is laughable.

There were a lot of cases where investigators and prosecutors were "certain" they had a violent felon, and led the women to believe they "knew".
None of these cases have anything to do at all with IDing someone the victim already knew. None.

I totally agree- the analogy does not hold up.

I know, which is why I amended my question to be more specific.

Oh I gotcha, sorry if it seemed like I was jumping on you. I totally agree with you. This is making me a bit too emotional, I think I need to step away from the thread!

No worries- I was just clarifying for those who claim JD changed her story. She did not, she just said what she felt she could at the time without getting herself an ugly law suit.
Pls stay!

Just one more thing. To be taken seriously the person who gets the shut up money should publicly donate it all to rape crisis centers. To me that would cinch the accused's guilt. It would show the victim wasn't in it for the money at all. JMO
I like this option. I did this when my uncle, who molested me, sent me a $50 bill as a wedding gift. I didn't want his money, but I also didn't want him getting the money back, so my therapist suggested I donate it to such a group and I did: Bay Area Women Against Rape received a $50 donation from me in his name!!

No person has ever lied about being raped??

Baloney.
I replied to this and my post got lost: So therefore according to your logic, since I didn't take my uncle to court for molesting me- I was 13 at the time, the statute of limitations ran out, and he died, therefore it didn't happen???
My own mother chose to believe her brother incapable of such a thing over me!!! Wonder why it takes victims years to come forward? Shame, disbelief, and in Cosby's case and Michael Jackson's the pressure of celebrity and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed