Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I so wanted this not to be true. Of the AA men I admired most in my youth, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson. Ugh! :facepalm:

The evidence seems overwhelming though. This is now clearly not one accusation against a high profile person (ie. blackmail or 15 mins of fame.) It makes me sad. But I will say, I'm not really surprised. The entertainment industry I think is truly a vile business crawling with predators who are protected by their fame and power. :(

I expected to feel bad for Camille but watching the video of them sitting together while Bill was refusing to answer when asked about the allegations, I was sort of disgusted to see her sitting there obviously supporting him as her face froze in a beaming smile, both of them laughing like they had not a care in the world. To me her face reflects the heavy price she has paid for the wealth and status she has enjoyed all these years. At least Hillary let the world know she was not happy about standing by her man. Maybe I'm being too harsh.

Man, I so wanted this not to be true. Of the AA men I admired most in my youth, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson. Ugh! :facepalm:

The evidence seems overwhelming though. This is now clearly not one accusation against a high profile person (ie. blackmail or 15 mins of fame.) It makes me sad. But I will say, I'm not really surprised. The entertainment industry I think is truly a vile business crawling with predators who are protected by their fame and power. :(

me too

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...take-30-years-for-people-to-believe-my-story/

I have never received any money from Bill Cosby and have not asked for it. I have nothing to gain by continuing to speak out. He can no longer be charged for his crimes against me because the statute of limitations is long past. That is also wrong. There should be no time limits on reporting these crimes, and one of my goals is to call for legislation to that end. Famous and wealthy perpetrators use their power to shame and silence their victims. It often takes years for young women to overcome those feeling and gain the confidence to come forward (by which point physical evidence is long gone). Our legal system shouldn’t silence them a second time.

Last week, I became a volunteer ambassador for PAVE (Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment), a national victim advocacy group that seeks to shatter the silence around sexual violence through targeted social, educational and legislative tactics. I will be writing and traveling the country talking to media, students and other interested groups about the importance of speaking out against sexual assault. I’ll largely focus on young models and actors who are especially vulnerable to the influences of the rich and powerful. They, like other sexual assault victims, deserve our support. It’s the perpetrators who should be facing public humiliation – not the victims.

http://pavingtheway.net/2014/11/barbara-bowman-shatters-the-silence/

I expected to feel bad for Camille but watching the video of them sitting together while Bill was refusing to answer when asked about the allegations, I was sort of disgusted to see her sitting there obviously supporting him as her face froze in a beaming smile, both of them laughing like they had not a care in the world. To me her face reflects the heavy price she has paid for the wealth and status she has enjoyed all these years. At least Hillary let the world know she was not happy about standing by her man. Maybe I'm being too harsh.

It couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why her demeanor bothered me so much. You totally nailed it.....thanks for expressing what I was feeling!

yeah
a journalist would rather lack integrity if they failed to ask pertinent questions about serious criminal allegations imo... not the other way around

and the way he implies that people who give the women a chance to be heard don't fact check...

Speaking to Florida Today ahead of a one-man show, the 77-year-old said: "I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn't have to answer to innuendos."

More than a dozen women have now have come forward to accuse Cosby of sexually assaulting them.

And accusations dating back to 2005 and 2006 have also recently resurfaced.

"People should fact-check," Cosby told Florida Today.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30167523

How the heck is anyone to fact-check what happened between two people in private residences in the 1960's? By asking both parties. But he objects to being asked his side of it....

Basically he just wants everybody to take it for granted that he's a good guy and everyone who says otherwise is lying, and everybody who fails to take it for granted is lazy, dishonest and morally lacking.

I agree. Her glued-on smile was completely creepy in the context.

It is astounding to me that the biggest reason given to believe he didn't rape those women is that "too many have come forth". Too... many.

There are thousands of rich and powerful men and women in the entertainment industry. I'd venture a guess that the majority of them have had relationships with people who worked with/for them. And yet, no one ever comes forth to accuse them of sexual assault just to cash in on their millions.

Why is it that BC seems to have had over a dozen women in his life loathe him enough to lie about sexual assault and have their character questioned and life turned upside down... for money? They just... hate him that much and want to exploit the situation for money? Live their entire lives out with that over their heads but yay they get to drive a Benz? How does that even make sense to people who use that "reason" to defend BC?

And the "lack of evidence" defense? Don't even get me started. Hell, most times all it takes to have zero evidence is to use a condom. Then there is no physical evidence of rape IF the victim is lucid and willing enough to go to the police. Bruising doesn't always happen and it isn't always considered enough evidence.

Over a dozen women and we as a society in general don't believe them because... he's rich? He's lovable? He's famous?

Surely any woman or girl or boy or man who had this experience doesn't doubt the reasons these women kept silent.
'

RSBM I certainly don't doubt the reasons they kept quiet. It's bad enough when (hypothetically) you're a nobody and your rapist is a nobody but can you imagine the pressure if you know your rapist is a beloved icon of goodness and purity? Ugh.

And the "lack of evidence" defense? Don't even get me started. Hell, most times all it takes to have zero evidence is to use a condom. Then there is no physical evidence of rape IF the victim is lucid and willing enough to go to the police. Bruising doesn't always happen and it isn't always considered enough evidence.

Yeah and to blame the women who say they got raped in the 1960s for not going to the police and getting tested right away so there would be DNA evidence... do people realize that DNA testing didn't exist back when many of these women say they were assaulted?

The first time it was used in the courts in the USA was in 1987
http://www.forensicmag.com/articles...rime-solving-judicial-and-legislative-history

Some of the women have millions of their own, too, so why would Lou Ferrigno's wife and Michelle Hurd of SVU jump on this bandwagon? Come on.

Can you imagine reporting a rape back in the 60s?

"What were you wearing, ma'am?"
"Why did you go to his apartment?"
"How drunk were you?"

And what if DNA testing had existed and Cosby's DNA was found on the victims?

"I'm not denying we had sex, but it was consensual."

Just like today. DNA does not prove rape.

So, to those who say they won't believe something like this until it's "proven in court"... he settled out of court, so there wasn't even the opportunity for that to happen. And THEN the argument is made that because the women settled out of court, it proves she's a liar only in it for the money, instead of it proving he had something to hide from the courts! Maybe he settled so it wouldn't go to court because he knew he couldn't win?

WHY do we as a society seem to always question the victims and not the accused in crimes of sexual assault? It's rare for victims of burglary to be strung up like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf