Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’ve been in contact with Cosby’s team for about three and a half weeks and I got the feeling that there was a lot of internal turmoil,” said Stacy Brown, the freelancer who got the brief exclusive interview with the comedian, simply by dialing his home number in Massachusetts, and wrote it for the New York Post.

“When you talk to them, you get the distinct impression that there are some who really wanted him to talk and other people who were adamantly opposed to him talking to the media. It just seems like there’s this huge war going on inside the Cosby camp about what he should and should not do.”

Although it’s impossible to know precisely what’s happening inside beleaguered Team Cosby, which is attempting to present a united front despite internal differences of opinion, it’s revealing that New York-based entertainment publicist Matthew Hiltzik, who was recruited by Singer to advise the Cosby family, dropped out recently after just a few weeks, apparently convinced, according to a source, that there were so many competing voices offering conflicting tactical advice that he couldn’t be effective. Hiltzik declined to comment.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/18/team-cosby-and-the-thrill-of-defeat.html

I think your analogies are much different than going to the Playboy Club or going to a hotel room.

A few years back I attended a weekend camp out for musicians. My husband couldn't go and a friend offered to let me bunk on the couch in his RV. The camp out was pretty boisterous; we stayed up and played music until the late hours and alcohol flowed freely. One married man, in his cups, loudly proclaimed that he was, um, sexually attracted to me.

Yet, each night I wasn't raped. Why? Because neither my friend nor the married man was a rapist. If something had happened that weekend my husband would have placed the blame squarely on the shoulders of the rapist, not mine. As any rational person would.

You're attempting to redefine rape as a sexual assault by a person on another person when an opportunity arises; that's not the definition.

Rapists rape, non-rapists don't. They just... don't.

At the end of the day, Cosby is an actor, and he played the part of a trustworthy fatherly figure well. We just didn't realize that his public persona was all part of the act.
JMO
It is more than that. Many of us who are older have seen a man who cares about people. Encouraged young people. Gave back to the community and we also mourned with him when his only son was killed.

What I have seen and known has shown him to be a kind good soul.

Accusations do not equate guilt. Not anywhere. There are too many things about these claims that bother me.

People keep calling the women victims. Just assuming they are all telling the truth. Numbers don't prove truth. Evidence does.

RSBM-

Sure. But testimonies are evidence (direct evidence, in fact). And there are clearly a large number of people who are willing to provide testimony here.
This not testimony. That is done in court under oath. These are just stories in media and interviews. Some sound too much the same and some change the more they are told. This is not testimony.

This is an end run around the justice system. IMO.

Seven of BC's accusers will be on Dr. Phil, tomorrow. I will watch.

If Cosby wants to formally challenge the evidence, he can sue each woman in civil court. He can afford attorneys for a dozen or more court cases, and the women would obviously be offered pro bono representation.

IANAL, but I believe each woman could call some of the other women to tell their stories, which could show a pattern of behavior.

If he is innocent, that's what he could do. But I'll bet he doesn't want those stories told over and over again. Can you imagine his attorneys badgering those 70 year old women?

It continues to bemuse me how some are so vested in the Huxtable=Cosby meme. None of us know him, and the character he portrayed on tv was just an actor wearing clothes not his own, and speaking words not his own, and relating to children not his own. He also was never a tennis player nor a spy.

If Cosby wants to formally challenge the evidence, he can sue each woman in civil court. He can afford attorneys for a dozen or more court cases, and the women would obviously be offered pro bono representation.

IANAL, but I believe each woman could call some of the other women to tell their stories, which could show a pattern of behavior.

If he is innocent, that's what he could do. But I'll bet he doesn't want those stories told over and over again. Can you imagine his attorneys badgering those 70 year old women?

It continues to bemuse me how some are so vested in the Huxtable=Cosby meme. None of us know him, and the character he portrayed on tv was just an actor wearing clothes not his own, and speaking words not his own, and relating to children not his own. He also was never a tennis player nor a spy.
So if someone is innocent in this country and people are lying about them they should have to go to court to prove they are innocent? Huh???

We are the land of innocent until proven guilty. Not accused or assumed but proven guilty. Which I am sure everyone here is glad of in case people would accuse them of something. We don't prove innocence here. We prove guilt.

NO! I Never said they weren't sexually manipulated, whatever that means. What I am saying, and none of you seem to want to hear it is - women put themselves in "IFFY" situations then they bear some of the responsibility. The only one responsible for YOU, is YOU.

Why is that so hard to understand? Jump in the lion's den and you probably will get mauled. Nature is nature, and it is what it is, IMO,and IF women want to be safe they had better start acting like it, and if discussion from the other side of this argument is SO disturbing, then maybe some should stop reading. I acknowledged I was manipulated into a "situation" and put full blame on me. So sad others can't do the same.

In my humble, totally honest opinion

What year is it where you live? 1827? Women who dare to spend time with a man need a chaperone or they are to blame for being raped?

Don't men have any responsibility? Or are we slaves to the "nature" you mention?

...Rape is horrible, awful, a crime, but even so, unless there is violence, which I don't see or hear in this case, it is much more complicated, and blame maybe should be shared between those who willingly go there and those who take advantage, IF there is any blame at all, which I'm not sure about....

(Emphasis added.) In my mind, drugging someone without her knowledge and raping her while she isn't conscious enough to resist IS violence, whether or not there are bruises afterwards.

So if someone is innocent in this country and people are lying about them they should have to go to court to prove they are innocent? Huh???

We are the land of innocent until proven guilty. Not accused or assumed but proven guilty. Which I am sure everyone here is glad of in case people would accuse them of something. We don't prove innocence here. We prove guilt.

That's not what Morag said.

No one said Cosby should have to go to court to prove he's innocent.

It said if he's innocent he can sue the women in civil court if he wants to challenge their accusations

"Can" is very much different from "should have to". It's nothing to get offended about, it's not a violation of Cosby's civil rights and not an obligation by any means. On the contrary, it's a right and an option that is given to him by the laws of the country if he feels unjustly defamed.

If he sues he wouldn't be the defendant he would be the plaintiff.

He could even do it if he's guilty too, if he trusts that the women have got little in the way of evidence on their side and that his lawyers can dig up enough dirt about them to beat them up in court.

This not testimony. That is done in court under oath. These are just stories in media and interviews. Some sound too much the same and some change the more they are told. This is not testimony.

This is an end run around the justice system. IMO.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't? If your story changes it shows you're lying. If your story stays the same it shows you're lying.

Here's an interesting story about how good guy Cosby encouraged young people:
http://deadspin.com/bill-cosby-once-publicly-bullied-a-notre-dame-football-1661325778
"What do you think of a 2.5 average?" Cosby asked.

"I think it's decent," replied Brown, who was recently drafted by pro football's Indianapolis Colts.

Cosby snarled back: "2.5 is OK if you have a mental disorder. You should be ashamed of yourself. You should have worked harder."

Tears streamed down the 290-lbs. Brown's face as he tried to defend himself: "I worked hard. I did my best..."

But Cosby cut him short. "You didn't do enough."

It's worth noting that Bill Cosby is a college dropout who earned a sham doctorate from UMass Amherst after becoming rich and famous.

http://deadspin.com/the-nd-player-bill-cosby-berated-felt-like-a-failure-fo-1661591222

So he starts on a national title team and then he's set to graduate a year later, a pretty monumental deal for him and Cosby berates him. When I spoke to Dean in 2012 for my book he said this: "I went a lot of years feeling like I was a failure, one because I didn't think I played long enough in the pros," Brown said. "And, there were times that anytime I heard Bill Cosby's name — it wasn't a cringe, but it was a heavy uneasiness about what had transpired."

Florida attorney Mr Kuvin told MailOnline: ‘I have sat down with my client and have a full understanding of the issues involved and what has occurred.

‘I have had lengthy communications with the Los Angeles Police Department and there is now a definitive open investigation which is ongoing for, it’s my understanding, not only with Chloe’s case but other unnamed victims who have yet to be revealed publicly.

‘The police will be doing additional investigative work which will include things like issuing search warrants.

‘They want to get all their information first before sitting down and having an interview with Chloe about her incident. This is scheduled to happen early in the new year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...abused-statute-limitations.html#ixzz3MILOC0m3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member