Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Remember wrong. Time skews memories. It is shaped by our other experiences sometimes for the worse sometimes for the better. But skewed nonetheless.

So, the bruises that one victim remembered...maybe she imagined those? They all imagined being given a drink and then feeling effects? They all imagined a robe...are you reading these accounts?

Say, they consented to having sex with BC. Why come out later and say they were raped?

So, the bruises that one victim remembered...maybe she imagined those? They all imagined being given a drink and then feeling effects? They all imagined a robe...are you reading these accounts?

Say, they consented to having sex with BC. Why come out later and say they were raped?

I don't think they imagined them but one can get bruises from normal amicable sex. To me the accounts are all too similar to be correct. I think there is little variation and that leads me to believe some of them could be copycat memories.

There are people that make those kinds of choices all the time. I can not speak to why specifically but I do know that people can have bad feelings about people and project them and can want to be part of something with good intentions and not always be 100% truthful.

I have to consider it and until I see proof that backs up the accounts, I can not weigh it as evidence.

Well let's hope that one of the victims was prescient enough to set her smartphone (that may or may not have been invented yet) to record and managed to videotape her drugging and rape.

Oh but that could be just an acting demo taken out of context.

Well let's hope that one of the victims was prescient enough to set her smartphone (that may or may not have been invented yet) to record and managed to videotape her drugging and rape.

I don't think that will help since some of it allegedly occurred 30-40 years ago.
IT is a shame that if this horrible event happened to someone then they did not pursue it and make sure that someone prosecuted him.

I don't think that will help since some of it allegedly occurred 30-40 years ago.
IT is a shame that if this horrible event happened to someone then they did not pursue it and make sure that someone prosecuted him.

The thing is, I don't believe there's anything they could have done to "make sure" that someone prosecuted him.

The thing is, I don't believe there's anything they could have done to "make sure" that someone prosecuted him.

Sure there could have. If people came forward ASAP and went to the hospital and the police. Of all these people making claims how many of them went to police?

Victim blame much?

Sure there could have. If people came forward ASAP and went to the hospital and the police. Of all these people making claims how many of them went to police?

Well that helps certainly but it does not "make sure" that there will be a prosecution. Do you have any idea how many rape victims go to the hospital and police and then the perp gets away with it anyway?

Victim blame much?

That is not what I am doing at all. If it is true then reporting it early is key to making sure someone pays for it. Without that evidence it makes it hard to prosecute and there is little to then support your account.

Well that helps certainly but it does not "make sure" that there will be a prosecution. Do you have any idea how many rape victims go to the hospital and police and then the perp gets away with it anyway?

Sadly I am sure that does happen. However showing evidence of the assault to medical professionals and reporting it to the police ASAP helps to ensure support of your account and helps to get them prosecuted.

That is not what I am doing at all. If it is true then reporting it early is key to making sure someone pays for it. Without that evidence it makes it hard to prosecute and there is little to then support your account.

This is true, that reporting it early can preserve evidence and help wth the prosecution of the individual. But just because there is no physical evidence, it does not mean that that it did not happen, imo.

This is true, that reporting it early can preserve evidence. But just becuase there is no physical evidence, it does not mean that that it did not happen, imo.

True also but it also then makes it harder to prove anything happened.

I can't even imagine how sexually repressed the ladies would have to be to have an instance of amicable consensual sex with a superstar that obviously has plenty of female company and be so traumatized by it that their minds have to block it like that.

But the thing is, as far as I'm aware none of the women who say they got raped are sheltered virginal nuns. It has been reported that many of them are married or in relationships. I am not aware of the personal lives of all of the accusers but the available evidence suggests that most if not all of them have probably had consensual sex with other people, sometimes more than a few other people. Did they blame all their sex partners for rape in the media? Not as far as I know. So why do they all single Bill Cosby out? What could be so damn traumatic and horrible about amicable sex with a mega rich comedian in a luxurious mansion or hotel room that your memory would twist it into a drugging and raping situation?

Sure, sometimes people might feel bad afterwards if it was bad sex or think it was wrong the next morning when you remember he is married or see him with some other model and realize you were just one of the 400 (this year, and it's only June), but let's say this happened in 1969. It's now, what, 2015? And you didn't manage to put it into any perspective?

JMO I find it very hard to believe that so many sexually repressed women are still having so traumatic second thoughts about their single consensual encounter with Cosby that they have to twist it into a rape in their minds to block out the detail that they consented.

I mean, what the heck?? What about the sexual liberation? Swinging sixties? Sex everywhere in the media? Who in this time and age gets their panties so badly in a twist over the thought that they had sex with somebody in the sixties.

Sadly I am sure that does happen. However showing evidence of the assault to medical professionals and reporting it to the police ASAP helps to ensure support of your account and helps to get them prosecuted.

Yeah agreed. Nothing's going to happen in the prosecution front without involving the police first.

I also have to ask the question: if 40 women are lying because they 1. want to get in on some sort of payday or 2. had consensual sex with BC but then were so regretful and ashamed that they decided to come forward to publicly call that encounter "rape" - why is it happening to BC, and why isn't it happening to other celebrities as well? BC is hardly the only celeb who couldn't keep it in his pants, or who could be targeted for an easy payday.

And why hasn't he denied anything? If I was falsely accused of a crime, you couldn't get me to shut up about it. And I'm a nobody, with no great career or public image to try to save. BC's career is DONE, and aside from a ridiculous comment about "innuendos" (you need to buy a dictionary, DOCTOR Cosby) he hasn't denied it.

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have to ask the question: if 40 women are lying because they 1. want to get in on some sort of payday or 2. had consensual sex with BC but then were so regretful and ashamed that they decided to come forward to publicly call that encounter "rape" - why is it happening to BC, and why isn't it happening to other celebrities as well? BC is hardly the only celeb who couldn't keep it in his pants, or who could be targeted for an easy payday.

And why hasn't he denied anything? If I was falsely accused of a crime, you couldn't get me to shut up about it. And I'm a nobody, with no great career or public image to try to save. BC's career is DONE, and aside from a ridiculous comment about "innuendos" (you need to buy a dictionary, DOCTOR Cosby) he hasn't denied it.

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IT has happened to other celebrities.
I don't see why he should have to deny anything if he is innocent. That only has to do with what the public wants, not what they need or deserve.
His career is not done. Not at all. People are still going to the shows. And will continue to I bet.

The more women that come forward the less likely to me that they are all telling the truth.

If that was the case that BC was drugging and raping dozens of women for decades there is NO Way that it would not have come to light and that one would not have gone to the police and blasted it on the news back then.

Wow, I don't understand this logic one bit. Historical sexual assault cases are prosecuted quite often, even though no rape kits were collected, and so forth. But this whole idea that more cases make a claim less credible is nothing short of ludicrous to me.

Imagine a case (and there have been many) where, say, a physician, a teacher, or a priest -- people who have some power, authority, wealth, or prestige -- is accused by several people of some sort of sexual abuse or misconduct years after the event. Do you honestly think that the police or prosecutors are going to think something like:

"Hm...well, too bad that there are so many people making allegations. If it was only one or two people, I think we'd take them seriously. But I can't believe that Father/Doctor/Celebrity X is the kind of guy to do something like this so many times. After all, there is no evidence of rapists or sexual abusers as being serial offenders."

You're moving the goalposts as well with discussing 'irrefutable evidence'. Historical cases are prosecuted successfully all the time, without the benefit of things like rape kits. Here are some recent examples from the region where I work:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...ced-to-19-years-for-child-sex-abuse-1.2943720

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...o-to-trial-on-sex-charges-august-10-1.2944736

Without the benefit of rape kits and other circumstantial evidence, would you really rather such potential offenders go without prosecution or punishment? I wouldn't want to live in that world.

Wow, I don't understand this logic one bit. Historical sexual assault cases are prosecuted quite often, even though no rape kits were collected, and so forth. But this whole idea that more cases make a claim less credible is nothing short of ludicrous to me.

Imagine a case (and there have been many) where, say, a physician, a teacher, or a priest -- people who have some power, authority, wealth, or prestige -- is accused by several people of some sort of sexual abuse or misconduct years after the event. Do you honestly think that the police or prosecutors are going to think something like:

"Hm...well, too bad that there are so many people making allegations. If it was only one or two people, I think we'd take them seriously. But I can't believe that Father/Doctor/Celebrity X is the kind of guy to do something like this so many times. After all, there is no evidence of rapists or sexual abusers as being serial offenders."

You're moving the goalposts as well with discussing 'irrefutable evidence'. Historical cases are prosecuted successfully all the time, without the benefit of things like rape kits. Here are some recent examples from the region where I work:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...ced-to-19-years-for-child-sex-abuse-1.2943720

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...o-to-trial-on-sex-charges-august-10-1.2944736

Without the benefit of rape kits and other circumstantial evidence, would you really rather such potential offenders go without prosecution or punishment? I wouldn't want to live in that world.

IT is okay if you don't understand it. I don't understand people thinking the other way. That is what makes the world go round.. :)
Yes I would rather have offenders go free before locking up innocent people with not enough evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish