Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read that he lied - do you have a link?

??? Perhaps he was going about his day normally on Tuesday in Memphis, received an emergency "come help" call from his brother and high tailed it to the airport and a plane bound for SD ???

It's already been linked. I know I read it in an article linked here on this thread. The brother told the leasing agent he had to go work on his tugboat or something....but ended up in the guest house at the mansion.

Well if she did that how did she manage to hang herself after her hands were behind her back? Especially considering her feet were also bound? And why naked? What woman would commit suicide naked?
I don't buy it.

I can't figure out how you'd hang yourself after your hands were tied OR how you would successfully tie your own hands after you have hung yourself. I don't think so.

I also agree that especially if it was an "honor suicide", she would have been wearing clothing because who wants to be found by strangers nude? No woman I know.

I believe (JMO) that the boy died by accident in the way that no one INTENDED for him to die, but Rebecca was ultimately felt to be responsible because she was the adult there. I don't get the feeling that the boy's death was foul play. I do, however, (JMOOO) believe that Rebecca was murdered as a result of what happened to the boy.

Ha, I thought of that too, but now you have to tie your feet together. Or you would have to jump through your arms if you tied your feet first. I'm not sure if she could do that...maybe.

This article says:

Nalepa was hung from a three-foot railing by a rope, Curran said, with her hands tied behind her back. She had bindings on each leg, but they were not tied together.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...ckels-mansion-found-hanging-nude-from-balcony

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,

...and looking at the photo of where she was found, there's no way she was lying in that part of the yard having been cut directly down from somewhere. Unless the angle is just way off, there's nothing *right* above that patch of grass. IMO, he'd have had to drag her downstairs and into the yard or cut her down and throw her over. Cannot imagine someone doing either after the fact.

Why did the brother lie to the leasing agent and end up in the guesthouse?

I don't think he lied, just had his plans changed after he ran into the leasing agent, and then getting the call that his nephew was on life support. The Memphis story was dated the 15th, and leasing agent states he last saw him "a few days ago." Which could easily translate to before Max's fall.

In other words, off to Coronado in support of his brother instead of back out on the tugboat.

Or extraordinarily bad timing for just a visit. Best case scenarios.

It's already been linked. I know I read it in an article linked here on this thread. The brother told the leasing agent he had to go work on his tugboat or something....but ended up in the guest house at the mansion.

Yes - I read that - but I think it's a stretch at this point to call it an intentional "lie". What was reported and you quoted may have very well been what he had intended to do and then something came up to change his plans.

This article says:

Nalepa was hung from a three-foot railing by a rope, Curran said, with her hands tied behind her back. She had bindings on each leg, but they were not tied together.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...ckels-mansion-found-hanging-nude-from-balcony

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,

Sexual party game gone wrong? Pretense of a sexual game that turned out to have murderous intentions? Someone trying to stage a suicide (her or someone else) wouldn't have bound her legs. That would be stupid.

This article says:

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,

Maybe the tugboat working apartment renting brother wanted to move into the big house and give his rich brothers girl a whirl? I wonder what she was bound to before she was hung? Sorry...no matter how I slice it or what the motive was...it looks like MURDER to me

This article says:

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,

Badly written, or translated from LE release I think. Feet were bound. Hands bound behind back. Just that feet and hands were not bound to each other (i.e. hog tied). Straight from the LE presser.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...about-ceos-relationship-with-ex-wife-07182011

I thought this was pretty interesting. Looks like his ex-wife got violent with Jonah in the past when they were going through a divorce.

Could it be possible she left the hospital, under the pretext of getting some clothes or taking a shower at her house a few blocks away...then attacked Rebecca as revenge?

Did she blame Rebecca for her son's death? A mother in distress can do weird things if she thought she was avenging her child...

Badly written, or translated from LE release I think. Feet were bound. Hands bound behind back. Just that feet and hands were not bound to each other (i.e. hog tied). Straight from the LE presser.

Up thread somewhere I read at a link a helicopter filmed her and her legs were not bound together.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...about-ceos-relationship-with-ex-wife-07182011

I thought this was pretty interesting. Looks like his ex-wife got violent with Jonah in the past when they were going through a divorce.

Could it be possible she left the hospital, under the pretext of getting some clothes or taking a shower at her house a few blocks away...then attacked Rebecca as revenge?

Did she blame Rebecca for her son's death? A mother in distress can do weird things if she thought she was avenging her child...

This article does not surprise me. It is the feeling I have had all along. Earlier I posted I didn't think Rebecca would have been welcome at the hospital to go provide comfort to Jonah (Dina would have killed her, imo of course). Dina is very bitter because her marriage broke up due to Rebecca (from what I have read and imo). BUT, I just don't see Dina leaving her dying child's bedside to kill Rebecca. Maybe after he dies, but not when he is in the hospital.

I wouldn't rule it out. It could happen. I'd be looking at hospital surveillance and I'm sure there's *some* surveillance in and out of the mansion somewhere. Cell phone pings? Text/phone messages?

Was Max Dina's only child? I know he was with Jonah, but haven't heard if she had other kids.

Sexual party game gone wrong? Pretense of a sexual game that turned out to have murderous intentions? Someone trying to stage a suicide (her or someone else) wouldn't have bound her legs. That would be stupid.

LE says they have no evidence of sex games gone wrong. No accident. Suicide or homicide.

Good news is that murderers often make mistakes and are thus caught, and if you have a jury with a collective brain, removed from society.

If you are trying to hang somebody who isn't already out good and cold, they would sure fight you a lot less (and reduce possibility of kick to the groin) if hands are tied behind their back AND their feet are bound.

But I would still have to think there would be plenty of signs of a struggle left behind. One or both parties would probably have some fresh bruises.

heck, maybe she was hogtied until just before being tossed over the rail. Or until she conveniently landed in the yard.

Baffling...

IMO someone wanted to not only kill her but humiliate her as well

Baffling...

IMO someone wanted to not only kill her but humiliate her as well

See, that is what gets me about this case. UNLESS she was completely intoxicated, I cannot imagine her (or any other woman) hanging herself naked.

LE says they have no evidence of sex games gone wrong. No accident. Suicide or homicide.

Good news is that murderers often make mistakes and are thus caught, and if you have a jury with a collective brain, removed from society.

If you are trying to hang somebody who isn't already out good and cold, they would sure fight you a lot less (and reduce possibility of kick to the groin) if hands are tied behind their back AND their feet are bound.

But I would still have to think there would be plenty of signs of a struggle left behind. One or both parties would probably have some fresh bruises.

heck, maybe she was hogtied until just before being tossed over the rail. Or until she conveniently landed in the yard.

Article states they are checking her body for sexual assault evidence. So it has not been ruled out. Toxocology results take a long time, maybe she was drugged, bound and tossed over? Who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T