Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm ... do people normally commit suicide this time of day?

I don't know if t he following was scrubbed from a news story or not... it only seems to appear in the cache now connected to the same article at signonsandiego

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&e...gc.r_pw.&fp=13d83150bb857caa&biw=1301&bih=852

I don't think the murder/suicide was at 6:38 a.m. My interpretation was that was the time he awoke to find the body.

Re: the comment by Katy - when it was first published there was a postscript stating Katy (Dina's prior personal assistant) was the sister of the article's author (and it stated there was a confidentiality agreement per the divorce). I was surprised the article was published since it seemed like a breach of confidentiality. I assume Katy had 2nd thoughts and had it pulled.

Seems this story is getting national play on TV. I wonder why they waited so long or if they're just lazy with all of their reporters off weekends.

Seems this story is getting national play on TV. I wonder why they waited so long or if they're just lazy with all of their reporters off weekends.

I can't believe JVM & NG will spent tonight GUESSING where Casey Anthony is instead of hopping on a new missing person's case, this case or another one of countless other senseless crimes.

The next thing I want to hear about Casey Anthony is she's been arrested, died or some news worthy report like she was beat by a pack of angry moms. Until then...I've HAD IT with Casey! NO more media coverage for her!

It's very possible to tie hands together in the front and step over them to now have them tied behind you. I just tried it, it was easy

Well if she did that how did she manage to hang herself after her hands were behind her back? Especially considering her feet were also bound? And why naked? What woman would commit suicide naked?
I don't buy it.

Well if she did that how did she manage to hang herself after her hands were behind her back? Especially considering her feet were also bound? And why naked? What woman would commit suicide naked?
I don't buy it.

I don't buy it either.

I'm just saying the hand thing is possible. No way do I believe she would stripped down and go through all that trouble binding herself to hang herself.

I can't believe JVM & NG will spent tonight GUESSING where Casey Anthony is instead of hopping on a new missing person's case, this case or another one of countless other senseless crimes.

The next thing I want to hear about Casey Anthony is she's been arrested, died or some news worthy report like she was beat by a pack of angry moms. Until then...I've HAD IT with Casey! NO more media coverage for her!

Sorry to get OT, but I am SO mad at HLN. All day - rehash the FCA trial. Why? What's the purpose. I sent a tweet to VP and told him to knock it off, or he's going to lose a gazillion viewers. I also mentioned this case!!!

We should flood HLN/JVM/NG/VP with tweets and e-mails to stop talking about the felon. I am OVER her.

Mel

This is a very strange happening. I haven't see anything mentioning where JS is or if he is a suspect or anything.

I understand that some people who commit suicide by hanging tie their hands so that they don't pull at the rope and save themselves. But why the feet? I'd think it would make it harder to commit suicide--harder to kick the chair away if you're on a chair, and way harder to jump off a balcony. I can see why a murderer would tie someone's feet to stop them from struggling. I'm having trouble thinking of any reason a suicide would.

That seems like a LOT of work. If she bound her feet, then how did she get her hands behind her? Sure you can get your hands behind your back by placing them under your feet -- but what if your feet are bound? How do you stand up now with your arms behind your back and your legs bound? Do you roll off the balcony?

I tried to do it -- you can't get your bound hands behind your back with both feet bound first. One leg at a time, maybe -- but both?

Try it - put both your feet together, put both hands together -- try to get your hands under your feet. struggle, struggle, struggle - I can't do it.

Unless you're a yoga fanatic, I don't see how it's possible.

MOO

Mel

I don't buy it.

Well, let's run the steps and see how much sense any of this makes.

Step 1 - get naked. Check.

Step 2 - get a rope. Make a noose and put it over your head and tie the other end to balcony railing. Check.

Step 3 - bind your feet together with something. Check.

Step 4 - bind your hands together with electrical cord (from a media report, take with grain of salt). Check.

Step 5 - sit down so you can now maneuver your bound feet thru your ams, and then stand back up. Unless you are in really great athletic shape (she looked to be) and can "hop" thru your bound hands with your bound feet, and have no need to sit to do that. Check.

Step 6 - h-h-h-HEAVE your bound up self over the 3-ft railing you tied the rope to in Step 2 above. Check.

And of course do this from an outside balcony which more or less faces the guesthouse, and hope the guest in residence is soundly sleeping and won't come running to save you when hears a "thud" of body reaching end of rope, after having heaved itself over.

okey dokey. I guess all doable. All naked. IMHO would have to be 3 sheets to the wind to go that far to off yourself. Binds would have to have been pretty loose, which we of course don't have answers to and won't.

But likely??? Sorry, based on what is out there now, and it's not much with the records sealed, I also vote for plenty of current reasonable doubt it was suicide. Can't wrap my head around any thought process that would bring a woman to take such elaborate lengths to end it all.

With my blinders on, all I can see right now is retribution for either perceived, or actual wrongdoing in poor Max's death.

MOO.

:tyou:

Thank you Anyoldtime - your post makes perfect sense. There is no way I believe she comitted suicide, and someone is gonna have a hard time talking me out of it (media, LE, etc).

MOO

Mel

That seems like a LOT of work. If she bound her feet, then how did she get her hands behind her? Sure you can get your hands behind your back by placing them under your feet -- but what if your feet are bound? How do you stand up now with your arms behind your back and your legs bound? Do you roll off the balcony?

I tried to do it -- you can't get your bound hands behind your back with both feet bound first. One leg at a time, maybe -- but both?

Try it - put both your feet together, put both hands together -- try to get your hands under your feet. struggle, struggle, struggle - I can't do it.

Unless you're a yoga fanatic, I don't see how it's possible.

MOO

Mel

sit down and do it ;) Then hop to balcony

What gets me is the little detail in reporting Maxie's death. Nothing mentions where he landed (at the very end of the stairs, just over the first landing/balcony, etc), position of body/head, other objects, where were the 3 people (cousin, Rebecca and Nina), was he observed, was the 13 year old there too when it happened? From one article you could almost take it that maybe he had a medical problem (lack of hearbeat, blacking out or something) that caused him to fall down the stairs.

I find it remarkable that details are so hush hush and vague in the reporting. He falls, goes into a coma, he dies and the parents give a statement that they will miss him. Or am I missing something in the details?

Why did the brother lie to the leasing agent and end up in the guesthouse?

I don't think he fell down the stairs, I think he landed near the stairs, he fell from the balcony....

but reporting has been spotty, confusing, and contradictory at best!

It's very possible to tie hands together in the front and step over them to now have them tied behind you. I just tried it, it was easy

Ha, I thought of that too, but now you have to tie your feet together. Or you would have to jump through your arms if you tied your feet first. I'm not sure if she could do that...maybe.

sit down and do it ;) Then hop to balcony

That's right - she would have to haul herself over that balcony too. What are the keystone cops thinking? I know they don't handle much over there besides jaywalking, but puhleeze.

Me thinks someone pushed her off that balcony. If I take the blinders off, someone just may have pushed little Max off the stairwell (and not down the stairs).

I'm so sad. Where are the CSI folks? This reminds me of the Kathleen Peterson case (where Kathleen accidentally fell down the stairs). Michael is now in prison.

I have no idea who did this, but I believe both died at the hands or help of another.

MOO

Mel

I don't think he fell down the stairs, I think he landed near the stairs, he fell from the balcony....

but reporting has been spotty, confusing, and contradictory at best!

I can totally see the planking theory. Laying atop the balcony spindles/rail and falling off. At 6, you are not in need of 24/7 supervision (i.e. the parent/guardian can be in the kitchen while child is in other room), so maybe Rebecca had no idea.

Who in the heck would kill Rebecca though and be so brazen about it? The whole thing makes no sense.

Unimportant note: I wonder why they removed the beautiful purple flowers from the walkway. They were stunning. The grass alone looks so plain.

Coronado is heaven on earth (in my opinion). Love love love it. I'm sure the neighbors don't appreciate any of this!

Timely video about Suicide vs Homicide. I forgot Step 7. Your BF's brother "runs" to your rescue by cutting you down from 2nd story to apparently bounce off table below before smacking the ground. If the rope around the neck didn't kill you already, the fall just might.

Not that one would expect a human to be thinking all that clearly if they saw a naked person hanging and likely already deceased. Can't really kill them "more" if they are already gone.

I'm presuming the table removed was the one near her body. You can see what looks like one leg broken off it on the side next to the house.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...ths-of-coronado-mansion-owners-son-girlfriend

Why did the brother lie to the leasing agent and end up in the guesthouse?

I haven't read that he lied - do you have a link?

??? Perhaps he was going about his day normally on Tuesday in Memphis, received an emergency "come help" call from his brother and high tailed it to the airport and a plane bound for SD ???

I have no idea who did this, but I believe both died at the hands or help of another.

MOO

Mel

But what would be the motive for killing a 6 year old boy? That makes no sense.

And if Jonah was at the hospital right after the accident, I can't imagine he would place a "hit" for Rebecca (even if she was negligent, which we haven't heard about at ALL). He would be consumed about his son's condition, imo.

Was the brother (wonder if there are some interesting dynamics in this relationship as he has a millionaire brother, yet he works on a tugboat and leases an apt.) the only other person at the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T