Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that. If you're cut you fall straight down right? Now perhaps she bounced off the table and that's why she's in that position. But IMHO she's too far from the balcony if he cut her down (assuming he cut her down from the balcony).

It's all so very odd. I think the SD/OC sleuthers need to go pay a visit to the crime scene to figure it out. Too bad we couldn't get in.

Mel

Yeah. If you're 120 lbs (or whatever) of dead or nearly dead weight, you're not going to float to another part of the yard. So he either carried her, which...why would you do that, or something else happened.

Unless he held on to her somehow as he cut her down (with what? where did he find the tool he used to cut her down with? how long did the finding of the cutting instrument take?) and then carried her over. Maybe he stood on the table as he did that. I just don't see how anyone is that coordinated/strong, but I guess it could be.

I'm glad this case is getting some attention:

Authorities would not say how his fall and the discovery of the hanging body might be connected but said the boy’s reported accident needs to be looked at in light of the death of Rebecca M. Zahau, 32.

The boy fell inside the Ocean Boulevard house on July 11 and was taken to Rady Children’s Hospital, where he died Sunday. Zahau’s body was found bound and hanging from a rear balcony two days later.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/18/death-of-shacknai-boy-sparks-investigation/

Since LE won't tell us how the fall occured, I can only speculate what happened to little Max.

My thoughts are with them tonight --

Mel

That is the question. I have read a few reports saying she was in "distress". Based on the photos I think the brother probably pulled that table under the balcony and that is how he got her down. She would have fell if he cut her down and landed where she did in the courtyard....if he would have run up into the bedroom and cut her down she would have fell and she might have been injured more.

Maybe by pulling the table under her he thought he could cut the cord and catch her. He actually might have and carried her to the area where the photo shows her body...

It will be interesting to see if the items they took show a struggle in the bedroom....

clarified in the initial press conference. Presumed dead by lE, but they performed CPR anyway until EMT arrived and called it. Apparently Adam called 911 and may have used the term "in distress".

Easy to see a body hitting that table and bouncing off it and landing a few feet away if he did indeed cut her down from above.

PRESSER, worth watching all 21:58 minutes --

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...oCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

Nah. Why would you do that? Why not just lie her down where she is and start CPR or make the call? I don't buy it.

Why would anyone pick up a victim and carry them a couple of feet? Just like everything else - this makes no sense to me. I guess I'd have to hear how he cut her down (from atop the balcony, or from below)? Where was the table, etc. Did he try to break her fall? Did he fall too?

Where is the police report -- arghhhh!

MOO

Mel

Awww Pfingst is goooood. He was the DA when I lived in San Diego.

Me too. I lived there from 88-03. I think Dumanis had just been elected shortly before we moved. Wasn't he part of the total smear campaign for her - about her sexuality and suicide attempt?

But I viewed his change to defense as a sell out. In it for the $ only. How could someone go from the DA to defense atty? Do you know, has he had any high profile cases that he has won?

Me too. I lived there from 88-03. I think Dumanis had just been elected shortly before we moved. Wasn't he part of the total smear campaign for her - about her sexuality and suicide attempt?

But I viewed his change to defense as a sell out. In it for the $ only. How could someone go from the DA to defense atty? Do you know, has he had any high profile cases that he has won?

I lived there from 78-02. My hometown. One thing I thought about. The hospital where Max died (Rady Childrens) is about 20 minutes from the house.

Funny thing about the press conference....it was repeatedly stated that this is an "isolated incident". I think it's a given that there isn't women naked and swing from ropes with hands bound behind their backs all over the county!

Paul Pfingst prosecuted David Westerfield.

I lived there from 78-02. My hometown. One thing I thought about. The hospital where Max died (Rady Childrens) is about 20 minutes from the house.

I am guessing Rady Children's Hospital is the (newly named) children's hospital off of the 805 (next to Mary Birch (?) maternity hospital)? Depending on traffic, it could be a lot longer than 20 mins as well.

Funny thing about the press conference....it was repeatedly stated that this is an "isolated incident". I think it's a given that there isn't women naked and swing from ropes with hands bound behind their backs all over the county!

Well that's a relief! Whew!

OMG!! Help me to wrap my brain around this one, please. You mean to tell me that after viewing what Westerfield's defense attorneys did in that case, Pfingst became a defense attorney?

WOW! Just Wow!

He moved over to the dark side ;) He went to the house to see if he could defend someone - as I read it.

This is an interesting statement:

It is also a fact that former San Diego County District Attorney Paul Pfingst, now in private legal practice, was seen at the property last week, and has admitted being retained by an unnamed person, other than Jonah Shacknai.

The brother?

MOO

Mel

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...millionaire-is-second-to-die-coronado-mansion

OMG!! Help me to wrap my brain around this one, please. You mean to tell me that after viewing what Westerfield's defense attorneys did in that case, Pfingst became a defense attorney?

WOW! Just Wow!

Yes. He's not the most popular guy in town. After Westerfield, I never thought I'd see the day. Especially after dealing with Feldman.

WOW! Just Wow!

I guess it happens quite a bit (go from public to private), but it blows my mind. And Westerfield is a prime example. He was such a disgusting, scary man (who looked like the epitome of a professional, educated, successful man). How could Pfingst move over to that? And of course, innocent until proven guilty, :puke::puke::puke:

Yes, I remember the Danielle Van Dam case. I mean as a private practice defense atty - has he had much success.

I liked him as the DA. Had no problem with him at all.

I will say this...his office was super good at collecting child support from deadbeat dads!

He moved over to the dark side ;) He went to the house to see if he could defend someone - as I read it.

It is also a fact that former San Diego County District Attorney Paul Pfingst, now in private legal practice, was seen at the property last week, and has admitted being retained by an unnamed person, other than Jonah Shacknai.

The brother?

MOO

Mel

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...millionaire-is-second-to-die-coronado-mansion

Rebecca?

Saw a close up photo on ABC news out of Phoenix (abc15.com). It was still blurred but I was able to see the orange extension cord. Also...she was a foot or two away from the table which was on the sidewalk UNDER the balcony. So he really didn't move her. If he had used the table to cut her down then it would make sense that when he lowered her to the ground he left her right next to the table....

That balcony is pretty darn high....

http://www.dndb.info/featured18-1-2.htm. Look through the photos from the 80s and you will see it in the left hand corner.

The brother?

Dina ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member