Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any early pictures with a piece of rope/cord attached to the balcony?

I can't imagine LE would take that off right away if there were. If not, then it at least indicates someone detached her by untying the cord at the balcony? Although they keep saying 'cut her down" don't they?

I keep wondering if she could have been found dead (with or without the binding, but with I think) and someone tried to cover up by taking her out to the lawn. Of course, they would know this and probably wouldn't keep saying it's a suicide unless they suspect there is a small chance it was suicide and someone moved her? Same goes for a homicide. Maybe it could be a homicide, but not from hanging from the balcony. I could see a third party doing something to 'limit the damage' in the press.

it is possible that the rope was not attached to the balcony, but rather something inside the room. though i guess some rope should still be hanging down, though not necessarily. again who knows

The police are right she wasnt hogtied.

When someone is hogtied their legs are also cinched up behind their backs tight and connected to the same rope that binds the hands together.

You can see all of her lower torso in the photos.

IMO

RBBM Now, I DID skip 2 pages...but I am certainly FAR from sure this is death by hanging...just sayin'...:)

Now, going to read those 2 pages. ;)

Agree ... I don't think the investigators have ever said she died from the hanging, have they? We assumed that. Now, it appears they never even said they identified that she was attached to the balcony by any rope, cord, scarf, etc. Even if she was, it could have been to cover up for being strangled first. LE could be quiet because they are looking for inconsistencies in what others have said and the evidence as well as any motivation for murder and Rebecca's emotional state, who had actually been in the house between the time Max was taken to the hospital and the time Rebecca was found, why there was loud music playing Tues night, communication with others, and so on. I hope we know more soon as we don't really know that much.

RBBM: AND the feet can even touch the ground. I learned that from the case of Ryan Jenkins who killled Jasmine...he hung himself in a motel in BC on a coat rack. Surprised the heck outta me.

My first husband hung himself in our closet and he could have easily stood up to save himself if he really wanted to. One of the medics that was there told me that he really wanted to die! I always thought that was a strange comment to make to someone who just lost their spouse.

Hospital Footage/Security Video will now be reviewed by police (to verify all parties were at the hospital during the hours they stated they were)

"The San Diego Sheriff's Department will be obtaining a search warrant to review the footage. Investigators want to confirm details of what Jonah, Adam, and Dina [Jonah's second wife, and Max's mother], have revealed to them. Jonah maintains that he was at the hospital when Rebecca's body was found. This is a very fluid investigation," a law enforcement source tells us.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...video-surveillance-sheriffs-department-review

I imagine Jonah had someone (professional inspector) go over every inch of this home and inspect it from top to bottom before he purchased it.

imo

I believe someone posted a while back that this home was originally owned by his exwife, so he might not have been involved with its initial purchase. Still, a home inspection may or may not have been done. And, sometimes buyers elect not to correct every item found on inspection, especially if it's primarily for ornamental purposes and still looks good.

it is possible that the rope was not attached to the balcony, but rather something inside the room. though i guess some rope should still be hanging down, though not necessarily. again who knows

Ah, interesting point ... but I'm having a difficult time thinking through that one. Would pics show it if a part of it was on the balcony, not hanging over? Possibly not, so it could be there and we can't see it?

images

Above is a shadow pic of someone "hogtied" - notice that the arms and legs are not cinched up tight and that there is a length of "rope" between the wrists and ankles.

If you go here:

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ph...ad-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

and look at pic 5 (I just won't post that pic on the board) - you can see that it is highly possible that at one time she was hogtied.

The bending of the knees, which we've heard she was in rigor - so stiff, does not jive with hanging. If someone dies by hanging and remains there long enough to go into rigor - then the knees will most certainly not be bent.

I really wish they would hold a presser or release a little bit more info. With this silence - kinda tells me LE is on to something and we just might see an arrest soon. It was that way with Tyler Hadley (hammer boy) and the adopted son that killed his mother down here as well. Both were arrested in a matter of a few days.

The police are right she wasnt hogtied.

When someone is hogtied their legs are also cinched up behind their backs tight and connected to the same rope that binds the hands together.

You can see all of her lower torso in the photos.

IMO

Yes, she wasn't hogtied when police got there, but only forensics can tell if she was prior to that. I don't think her position upon police arrival negates the possibility another poster suggested.

:applause: I agree wholeheartedly. I don't believe she committed suicide at all. I think that explains why my hinky meter goes off where the brother is concerned.

I had been viewing the brothers as separate entities. Were these brothers close? Would they do almost anything for each other? The brother flew in after Maxies fall, iirc...to comfort his brother? Sure, might be...to see his Nephew? Likely, did he? Or to help exact retribution, or assist in a cover up of the real details of the fall for someone else? I'm not sure...

Hospital Footage/Security Video will now be reviewed by police (to verify all parties were at the hospital during the hours they stated they were)

"The San Diego Sheriff's Department will be obtaining a search warrant to review the footage. Investigators want to confirm details of what Jonah, Adam, and Dina [Jonah's second wife, and Max's mother], have revealed to them. Jonah maintains that he was at the hospital when Rebecca's body was found. This is a very fluid investigation," a law enforcement source tells us.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...video-surveillance-sheriffs-department-review

Great! I was hoping they would do this.

"Jonah maintains that he was at the hospital when Rebecca's body was found. "

I guess this is most important IF Adam found her right away... but that doesn't rule out some third party and a hit job. I am not focused on Jonah however. I hope they check all available records - phone, any hospital cameras outside the ICU, etc. - I think the communication web is important also not just who was where at the time Rebecca was found.

images

Above is a shadow pic of someone "hogtied" - notice that the arms and legs are not cinched up tight and that there is a length of "rope" between the wrists and ankles.

If you go here:

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ph...ad-at-mansion-20110715,0,6503880.photogallery

and look at pic 5 (I just won't post that pic on the board) - you can see that it is highly possible that at one time she was hogtied.

The bending of the knees, which we've heard she was in rigor - so stiff, does not jive with hanging. If someone dies by hanging and remains there long enough to go into rigor - then the knees will most certainly not be bent.

I really wish they would hold a presser or release a little bit more info. With this silence - kinda tells me LE is on to something and we just might see an arrest soon. It was that way with Tyler Hadley (hammer boy) and the adopted son that killed his mother down here as well. Both were arrested in a matter of a few days.

BBM exactly! The rope could have been cut at the time she was brought down.

Is there any rope trailing from her feet in blown up pics?

BBM exactly! The rope could have been cut at the time she was brought down.

Is there any rope trailing from her feet in blown up pics?

Someone earlier said they thought there was by looking at the pics - I believe they said the long orange cord was actually attached to her feet and not her neck. I can't remember who posted that - from the blown up picture?

Radaronline link says NO security cameras at all in the mansion...? He could certainly afford them, he had valuables to protect, he was somewhat high profile and worth tons of dough...I think I'd have a couple of cameras...unless there were things I did not want caught on camera...

images

If you go here:

Thank you ... that pic 5 really looks like hogtying is plausible. Her hip also almost looks like it is out of place, but then again, when someone is thin their hip might stick out like that. The orange cord in the pic also looks like it could be attached to her feet and not her neck. And that would explain why her shoulders are pulled back so far, painfully so - I thought that was strange in the beginning, with her arms completely behind her. Just can't see her falling into that position if it was a simple hanging, even if she had been rolled over or something. Just doesn't make sense.

Someone earlier said they thought there was by looking at the pics - I believe they said the long orange cord was actually attached to her feet and not her neck. I can't remember who posted that - from the blown up picture?

Could she have been hogtied and hung from the balcony...and then the central cord broke? A torture type scenario, I'm sad to say.

Someone (maybe Sabrina?) blew up the picture, and posted her observations. She did not post it.

Jonah and Dina may have both been at the hospital when Rebecca's body was found ..but were they there when Rebecca body was hanged.

Seems a little strange to me that they are just reviewing the tape now, especially after we've heard that Jonah and Adam have both left California. I'd think LE would have reviewed tapes prior to allowing anyone to leave town.

Radaronline link says NO security cameras at all in the mansion...? He could certainly afford them, he had valuables to protect, he was somewhat high profile and worth tons of dough...I think I'd have a couple of cameras...unless there were things I did not want caught on camera...

Plus, this mansion is an historical building. Very hard to fathom that it would not be protected by security cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaborde2576