Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm reading about DS she is an angry and violent person. I think she was jealous of RN and felt that RN had what she wanted. Betty Broderick comes to mind.

Given that comparison, then she is one scarey you know what. BB was/is a lune. That has been my opinion for sometime now.

I'd put Jonah first ex before Rebecca's! However, I am the only one I think to even have her on my list. Adam is about at the bottom of my list unless he just did something to help cover up.

do you mean the one that is married to the race car driver and GS's mother?

I can't locate the article about her.

Can you tell us why her?

TIA

House cleaning is a real necessity in a place as big as that house -- honestly he had to have help. I would bet money on him having at least one person to maintain the property and that is very very short handed.

Maybe they had someone coming in on a regular basis to clean, but that person was not living there? And what about the nanny for the 6 year old? I am surprised we haven't heard anything about a nanny.

I've read most everything, but of course not everything is perfectly clear!

Was she hanging from the balcony like a Christmas ornament, or was she actually hanged? Big difference.... I can imagine her being trussed up (with the electrical cord, which we've 'seen'), and the rope, which I don't think we've 'seen', was used to dangle her from the balcony. Do we know if it's been mentioned that the rope (or anything else) was actually around her neck?

BBM

Initial reports said she had a rope around her neck and that AS cut the rope. There was a discussion about this a few pages (or more) back on this thread.
But from the pictures, no rope appeared around her neck (unless under the blue scarf) and there didn't appear to be any rope hanging from balcony.

The orange extension cord was long in the one picture but it was "coming" out of her backside in the one picture. Could it have been around her neck and then part of it "behind" her - hence not looking like it was around the neck....

Very good question about the "christmas ornament"....something else to ponder while we wait for something from LE :waiting::waiting:

If Jonah wanted Rebacca 'gone' I have a hard time believing he'd do it at his own home...why crap in your own backyard, comes to mind? He has business interests to consider, he knows that, and he has enough money to get it done in a less messy fashion, I would think...I'm really leaning away from JS, here...

The cord seen in the photos is very long. I always assumed that is what she was hanged with, because why would something that long be used to bind the hands? Since it has been reported LE is going to try and recreate the scene, LE is obviously not convinced at this point of time it would have been physically possible to commit suicide that way. I am sure it would have been helpful to the investigation if the scene was not disturbed by the body being cut down.

I'd put Jonah first ex before Rebecca's! However, I am the only one I think to even have her on my list. Adam is about at the bottom of my list unless he just did something to help cover up.

Kimberly James...I haven't heard alot about her. Care to share a little?

But if he broke his neck in the fall, I can see how that could have resulted in him stopping breathing.

When EMT's arrived, Max had no pulse and was "unable to breathe".
I think you hit the nail on the head. He may have broken his neck.

I would have given this no thought, had I not researched suicide by hanging. I'm in the small minority, who believes RN's death was a suicide.

RN's death was by hanging. Most adult hangings are suicide, whereas child hangings are often an accident. Hangings are rarely a homicide, because it requires a victim to be unconscious or intoxicated to complete without a struggle, which would be detected by markings on the body revealed in an autopsy.

There are two types of hanging.
"Suspension" hanging is with a rope around the neck and kicking or stepping off a stationary device, such as a chair. Death is usually by asphyxiation.
"Drop" hanging is rare (1%), with a rope around the neck and "dropping" several feet, which causes the neck to snap. Unconsciousness and death are quick, cause of death is fractured vertibrae, or "broken neck".

If it is suicide, she may have chosen a method that mimicked the injuries suffered by Max. In fact, this may be where the chandelier comes into play. Max's shirt may have caught on the chandelier, causing him to drop with his shirt around his neck.

I noticed some conversation about choking, chloroform or other methods to subdue. Toxicology results would identify drugging or other means to knock her out, autopsy would reveal markings unusual to suicide by hanging. In "drop" suicide, rope markings around the neck are significantly different than other suffocations, and would be revealed in the autopsy.

The Coronado police chief has stated there's no findings of criminal activity, as of this point in the investigation. The autopsy is complete, but sealed until toxicology results are available. This may be an indication that the autopsy points to suicide, and explains the sister's public rebuttal that Rebecca's death was not a suicide.

"Naked" suicides may be symbolic.
"In severely depressed individuals, a naked suicide may be an expression of vulnerability, utter despair, desolation, and worthlessness."

It's also expresses "anger and vengeance". Wednesday morning Max was scheduled for an MRI. Why would she choose early Wednesday morning to hang herself, when Jonah would be agonizing over a hopeless prognosis? To cause him more pain, to retaliate for the pain he caused her?

If I had to guess, he either told her to stay away from the hospital (she told the kennel owner she had to be at the hospital with "her son"), or told her to get out of town. I just don't think Max's parents would be plotting a murder, less than 48 hours after his accident.

More "naked" suicide theories . . . http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

I've read most everything, but of course not everything is perfectly clear!

Was she hanging from the balcony like a Christmas ornament, or was she actually hanged? Big difference.... I can imagine her being trussed up (with the electrical cord, which we've 'seen'), and the rope, which I don't think we've 'seen', was used to dangle her from the balcony. Do we know if it's been mentioned that the rope (or anything else) was actually around her neck?
Most of what I read "hanging naked from a balcony" with her hands and feet bound together.

I would have believed a suicide if not the way LE described the scene. I'm trying to locate the exact verbiage to no avail. LE used the term violent?

When EMT's arrived, Max had no pulse and was "unable to breathe".
I think you hit the nail on the head. He may have broken his neck.

I would have given this no thought, had I not researched suicide by hanging. I'm in the small minority, who believes RN's death was a suicide.

RN's death was by hanging. Most adult hangings are suicide, whereas child hangings are often an accident. Hangings are rarely a homicide, because it requires a victim to be unconscious or intoxicated to complete without a struggle, which would be detected by markings on the body revealed in an autopsy.

There are two types of hanging.
"Suspension" hanging is with a rope around the neck and kicking or stepping off a stationary device, such as a chair. Death is usually by asphyxiation.
"Drop" hanging is rare (1%), with a rope around the neck and "dropping" several feet, which causes the neck to snap. Unconsciousness and death are quick, cause of death is fractured vertibrae, or "broken neck".

If it is suicide, she may have chosen a method that mimicked the injuries suffered by Max. In fact, this may be where the chandelier comes into play. Max's shirt may have caught on the chandelier, causing him to drop with his shirt around his neck.

I noticed some conversation about choking, chloroform or other methods to subdue. Toxicology results would identify drugging or other means to knock her out, autopsy would reveal markings unusual to suicide by hanging. In "drop" suicide, rope markings around the neck are significantly different than other suffocations, and would be revealed in the autopsy.

The Coronado police chief has stated there's no findings of criminal activity, as of this point in the investigation. The autopsy is complete, but sealed until toxicology results are available. This may be an indication that the autopsy points to suicide, and explains the sister's public rebuttal that Rebecca's death was not a suicide.

"Naked" suicides may be symbolic.
"In severely depressed individuals, a naked suicide may be an expression of vulnerability, utter despair, desolation, and worthlessness."

It's also expresses "anger and vengeance". Wednesday morning Max was scheduled for an MRI. Why would she choose early Wednesday morning to hang herself, when Jonah would be agonizing over a hopeless prognosis? To cause him more pain, to retaliate for the pain he caused her?

If I had to guess, he either told her to stay away from the hospital (she told the kennel owner she had to be at the hospital with "her son"), or told her to get out of town. I just don't think Max's parents would be plotting a murder, less than 48 hours after his accident.

More "naked" suicide theories . . . http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

Thanks Obmama!

How knowledgeable do you believe that DS is on this whole subject given her professional training?

--earlier article---
http://www.zomidaily.com/news/world-english/3463

Chin Woman Found Dead in US Mansion

--snipped---

An investigation is still carried out as to how the 'mysterious' accident happened. Her body was taken for an autopsy operation on Thursday but the results have not been released, according to sources.

Rebecca Hniang Cin Mawi, 32, is the second eldest daughter among six siblings of Pu Khua Hnin Thang and Pi Zung Tin Par from Phunte village of Falam Township in Chin State, Burma. Source: Chinland Guardian

Bolded by me

Her family was from Chin State, Burma...were they ethnic Chin? I do not know. I post this because I'm not sure how this 'color blue' scarf issue really works...would Burmese follow Chinese color traditions? Is it the same? I feel ethnically STUPID. ;)

Burma’s military government should end human rights abuses against the ethnic Chin population in Burma’s western Chin state, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today. Human Rights Watch also called on the Indian government and newly elected Mizoram state government to extend protection to Chin who have fled to neighboring India to escape ongoing abuses and severe repression in Burma.
http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2009/01/28/burmaindia-end-abuses-chin-state

Is it known she is Chinese Burmese? I would think their culture is much closer to being Thai, than Chinese?

She is Chin. The story was in an online newspaper called Chinland Guardian. The village they lived was identified. The family probably fled Burma in the 90's, when the Burmese attempted to convert the 90% Christian population in Chinland to Buddhism.

She went to a Christian University in Austria, which incidently ranks highest in suicide among 17 countries where statistics are available.

I don't think she was hung. I think she was strangled.

Then possibly hung over the balcony. But we see no signs of the remaining cord ON the balcony from where she supposedly was cut down...? How do you cut orange electrical cord?

I see electrical cord, and I see a blue scarf, I see no rope. Anyone see rope? And, if suicide (which I don't buy for 1 second, btw) why electrical cord? Why outdoors? I hope she wasn't tortured with that electrical cord. Where was it leading to...trailing off to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV