Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,remember the reported disturbance at DS house.Perhaps these two events are tied togeather. Could there have been altercation between DS and RN and the police took them in the patrol car to allow things to cool off?? Rebecca gets
home then calls the kennel crying. What do you think?

Could the disturbance really have been at JS mansion, and whoever reported there was a disturbance just said DS house (because she used to live there)? Just a thought...hmmm

Just a thought..

RN tried to board the dog on Monday afternoon so that she could go to hospital. Dog not picked up until Tuesday morning.

I had asked previously if anyone knew if the doggy daycare gentleman came to the front door.....was there a table in the entryway; was the chandilier (sp) still there. Can't believe news reporters interviewed him and never asked about the entryway...well, yes I can...

But what if RN was told to board the dog......would make it easier to murder her.....no barking dog/protection..

Just speculating.....

I swear...I had the same thought moments ago.

Let's take her at her word. SHE told kennel dude it was so she could go to the hospital...the puppy was 11 or 14 months old, iirc...maybe not fully house trained...or maybe he/she needed frequent potty breaks, hence the kennel.

So, asking Rebecca to bring the puppy to the boarders would seem reasonable to her, I'd think...but also if he just asked her to come to hospital, he might have known it meant boarding the dog? Maybe it was discussed when they let the staff have days off...'we'll be busy, let the staff go, board the dog', kinda deal.

BUT the dog didn't have shots, I read, (from kennel dude interview, no link) so the delay was so the dog could get shots before boarding. That tells me boarding might not have been something they regularily did...most kennels, if not all, require proof of up-to-date vaccination.

Strange, though, that she died the very first night the dog was gone...

From the pictures we've seen, Dina doesn't like dog bites. ;)

I don't think she was hung. I think she was strangled.

Then possibly hung over the balcony. But we see no signs of the remaining cord ON the balcony from where she supposedly was cut down...? How do you cut orange electrical cord?

I see electrical cord, and I see a blue scarf, I see no rope. Anyone see rope? And, if suicide (which I don't buy for 1 second, btw) why electrical cord? Why outdoors? I hope she wasn't tortured with that electrical cord. Where was it leading to...trailing off to?

If she was hanging by the long orange cord, seen in the photos, it looks to me like it's still attached to her,
probably at the neck, under the blue scarf.

If the cord was cut at the knot, she would fall (or be let down by someone else) to the ground & the entire
cord would slide off the balcony & still be attached to her neck. KWIM?

(I wish I could draw a diagram of it & post it here!)

Yes, I mean Kimberly. I don't think Neil probably has the resources or the motive others do. The only reason I state KJ could be involved is probably motive and means.
  1. It was her child who might be connected to this mess, Max's death.
  2. Her two children are now the sole heirs and now no future wife either, so possibly Jonah will not have any more kids, but who knows, maybe he is Larry King-ly.
  3. I might worry about my kids and another possible marriage - wonder if her kids had to go through any of those messes and police calls with Dina? Remember they are about 7-8 years older.
  4. Maybe Rebecca knew too much and combined with GS being there/involved, that threatened someone's livelihood/reputation.

We don't know either if GS was shipped off on her own or stayed someone where until mom or adult arrived. I'm assuming esp since she seems/looks mature for her age she traveled alone and was accustomed to that.

Kimberly and Ian certainly have the money to make things happen.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/ProbateCourtCases/caseSearch.asp

records for KJ and how her trusts (Kimberly Shacknai Trusts) sold some property to AH Western Properties LLC, for 10 bucks on Jan 10, 2011 then in April she sells a house to AH Western Properties LLC for $4.5 mil... I'm not sure what the address is on the $10 property since it is a plot description in the document.

Apr 6, 2011 – The home was sold by Kimberly A. James, formerly known as Kimberly A. Shacknai, as trustee of the Kimberly A. Shacknai Revocable Trust. ...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...Y+A.+JAMES+REVOCABLE+TRU,&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

http://corp.delaware.gov

File Number: 4917181
Incorporation Date / Formation Date: 12/22/2010
Entity Name: AH WESTERN PROPERTIES LLC
Entity Kind: LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
Entity Type: GENERAL
Residency: DOMESTIC State: DE

Having posted all this I think DS is my #1 suspect[/QUOTE]

Interesting post, time.

KS and JS...met in 1992, married 1993, divored filed 1998 (fought over children and JS wealth), 2 children, and divorce finalized in 2001.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/16/spreckels-mansion-owner-described-go-getter/?ap

Then you threw a ringer........last sentence.......BBM

Bolded by me: That is interesting.
pc20.gif

A well-known San Diego defense attorney arrived at the mansion Wednesday night and told the media at the crime scene that he represented someone involved in the case.
Paul Pfingst, who was the San Diego County district attorney from 1995 to 2008, would not identify his client. However, he specifically said his client was not Jonah Shacknai.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...san-diego-mansion-shacknai.html#ixzz1TER6HXIK

If she was hanging by the long orange cord, seen in the photos, it looks to me like it's still attached to her,
probably at the neck, under the blue scarf.

If the cord was cut at the knot, she would fall (or be let down by someone else) to the ground & the entire
cord would slide off the balcony & still be attached to her neck. KWIM?

(I wish I could draw a diagram of it & post it here!)

RBBM

I am really not sure about this one. My question would be how tall is AS and how high is that balcony and where was the 'knot'? I'll have to look at photos, again...it could have been cut at the knot...but it seems strange cause it seems to me it'd be harder to cut/figure out at the knot...whereas cutting a single cord seems simpler, imo.

I swear...I had the same thought moments ago.

Let's take her at her word. SHE told kennel dude it was so she could go to the hospital...the puppy was 11 or 14 months old, iirc...maybe not fully house trained...or maybe he/she needed frequent potty breaks, hence the kennel.

So, asking Rebecca to bring the puppy to the boarders would seem reasonable to her, I'd think...but also if he just asked her to come to hospital, he might have known it meant boarding the dog? Maybe it was discussed when they let the staff have days off...'we'll be busy, let the staff go, board the dog', kinda deal.

BUT the dog didn't have shots, I read, (from kennel dude interview, no link) so the delay was so the dog could get shots before boarding. That tells me boarding might not have been something they regularily did...most kennels, if not all, require proof of up-to-date vaccination.

Strange, though, that she died the very first night the dog was gone...

From the pictures we've seen, Dina doesn't like dog bites. ;)

Paladine,

I'm so glad I re-read your post :great:

BBM - You may have stated the missing link that we all have been looking for (since many of us has speculated to DS)....
Thanks!!

score

pc20.gif

A well-known San Diego defense attorney arrived at the mansion Wednesday night and told the media at the crime scene that he represented someone involved in the case.
Paul Pfingst, who was the San Diego County district attorney from 1995 to 2008, would not identify his client. However, he specifically said his client was not Jonah Shacknai.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...san-diego-mansion-shacknai.html#ixzz1TER6HXIK

Yes, I saw that...VERY interesting, imo. I posted some stuff on him somewhere...try a websleuths search on his name, maybe...I posted a few links, I think...not even sure what thread, I THINK it was this or the last...

pc20.gif

RE: "he specifically said his client was not Jonah Shacknai."

That statement has bugged me since I first read it!

Why would a defense attorney even offer that info so early after the discovery of RN (same day!)?

RE: "he specifically said his client was not Jonah Shacknai."

That statement has bugged me since I first read it!

Why would a defense attorney even offer that info so early after the discovery of RN (same day!).

I think it was to clear Jonahs name...and rightfully so. If the client is not Jonah then his name should be cleared from association...was it Dina? Or AS cause he was there? Or KJ for GS? Anyone up for a game of CLUE...LOL...;) I'll stop now.

I think it was to clear Jonahs name...and rightfully so. If the client is not Jonah then his name should be cleared from association...was it Dina? Or AS cause he was there? Or KJ for GS? Anyone up for a game of CLUE...LOL...;) I'll stop now.

well, judging by the length of this thread and other threads before this, considering the little information we have, i think we are all up for a game of clue!

RBBM

I am really not sure about this one. My question would be how tall is AS and how high is that balcony and where was the 'knot'? I'll have to look at photos, again...it could have been cut at the knot...but it seems strange cause it seems to me it'd be harder to cut/figure out at the knot...whereas cutting a single cord seems simpler, imo.

Not through the knot... just above it. It was probably too tight to cut below the knot (closest to her neck)....
and unable to get scissors or a knife there to cut. So it was cut above the knot.
And then the entire cord came down from the railing.

Paladine,

BBM - You may have stated the missing link that we all have been looking for (since many of us has speculated to DS)....
Thanks!!

score

Help! I don't follow.

What influence could DS have over JS/RN re the whereabouts of the JS/RN dog?

MS is in hospital. If convo's needs to take place it can be done anywhere where the dog isn't.

UNLESS (lightbulb turns on):

Was there a combined pow-wow (JS, RN, DN, AS) on Tuesday evening at mansion to discuss MS' medical facts and to make big decisions?

Could loud music have been at this time?

Need new facts!

I agree.

I would venture to guess that one of the apartment units was used as partial compensation for live-on property help, round-the-year overseeing of the property. (Including managing gardeners, household maintenance, advanced prep for owners arrival/departure, etc.)

In an article I read, it was stated that someone lived on the property but was not there where these incidences happened. Nothing further, that I have read, has mentioned anything more about this possible person(s).

[sorry, no links]

Possible they had summer renters for the two apartments?

What if he is one of those millionaires that is tight with his money?

I was thinking that. Maybe he liked his privacy. He may have had a crew that came in once a week or so and closed up rooms not used. My mom would do light cleaning during week in few rooms she used and have cleaning crew come in every 3 weeks.

Nalepa’s clothing could be the other clue. Dr. Mark Kalish, a forensic psychiatrist with thirty years experience, has previously said that women rarely, if ever, hang themselves unclothed. He says the lack of clothing alone suggests someone (incorrectly) staged a suicide.

http://news.lalate.com/

I don't think she did this to herself. She seemed to "value" the way she looked. Matching eyemake with clothing, etc (I believe her sister/family/friend said this). No way she would use an orange extension cord; doesn't go well with the blue scarf.
And if she stepped off the table, I can't see her walking around naked; what if AS saw her ( I don't think she would want that). There doesn't appear to be any clothing in any of the pictures.

More speculation....

Yes, I mean Kimberly. I don't think Neil probably has the resources or the motive others do. The only reason I state KJ could be involved is probably motive and means.
  1. It was her child who might be connected to this mess, Max's death.
  2. Her two children are now the sole heirs and now no future wife either, so possibly Jonah will not have any more kids, but who knows, maybe he is Larry King-ly.
  3. I might worry about my kids and another possible marriage - wonder if her kids had to go through any of those messes and police calls with Dina? Remember they are about 7-8 years older.
  4. Maybe Rebecca knew too much and combined with GS being there/involved, that threatened someone's livelihood/reputation.

We don't know either if GS was shipped off on her own or stayed someone where until mom or adult arrived. I'm assuming esp since she seems/looks mature for her age she traveled alone and was accustomed to that.

Kimberly and Ian certainly have the money to make things happen.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/ProbateCourtCases/caseSearch.asp

records for KJ and how her trusts (Kimberly Shacknai Trusts) sold some property to AH Western Properties LLC, for 10 bucks on Jan 10, 2011 then in April she sells a house to AH Western Properties LLC for $4.5 mil... I'm not sure what the address is on the $10 property since it is a plot description in the document.

Apr 6, 2011 – The home was sold by Kimberly A. James, formerly known as Kimberly A. Shacknai, as trustee of the Kimberly A. Shacknai Revocable Trust. ...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...Y+A.+JAMES+REVOCABLE+TRU,&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

http://corp.delaware.gov

File Number: 4917181
Incorporation Date / Formation Date: 12/22/2010
Entity Name: AH WESTERN PROPERTIES LLC
Entity Kind: LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
Entity Type: GENERAL
Residency: DOMESTIC State: DE

Having posted all this I think DS is my #1 suspect[/QUOTE]

scorekeeper posted

Interesting post, time.

KS and JS...met in 1992, married 1993, divored filed 1998 (fought over children and JS wealth), 2 children, and divorce finalized in 2001.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/16/spreckels-mansion-owner-described-go-getter/?ap

Then you threw a ringer........last sentence.......BBM

Well... I think the main suspects in my book are JS, DR, and KJ. I only say DR is more likely because,as others have said, she seems more angry, prone to violence/volatile, and possibly ... oh, I don't know, I am not going to say. She just seems like a different personality that KJ and Rebecca. Maybe more Hollywood if you get my drift.

At any rate, I'm leaning toward a hired killer. If that's true and it's a professional, it would be very hard to prove. Also, it doesn't look like a typical hit, but then again if you don't want it to, you stage it. In either case, they would be very careful not to leave evidence. If someone did it that either has no criminal record or is not legally in the US, then twice as difficult to catch that person even if you know it's a murder ... so the evidence it links back to someone could lead to a dead end. That is, unless you can follow a money trail. I think the fact that an expert said he thought it could be a murder meant to look like a suicide is telling - just another facet that obscures any investigation.

I so feel like Sherlock Holmes :rocker:

But why would clearing a non-client be important to a defense attorney for another client.

That seems counter-intuitive to me.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney.

Paladine,

Thanks!!

score

Well if this was Rebecca's dog, Dina would now know how the dog is going to react once she enters the mansion. She's already traumatized from the German Shepard that Jonah had. Also, the dog would start barking and go ballistic if someone was attacking its owner - Rebecca. More noise to consider -- and something that probably would could not be controlled unless they also did the dog in. With the music they can control when its on and when its off.

LE said that JS was in San Diego County...

I recall reading someone posted that there was rumored trouble between JS and RN. And the news said that RN was staying at the mansion...as if she were only a guest and not the two-year long term girlfriend that other cites have reported.

Could it be that there were problems between JS and RN and that JS has a new squeeze and RN was relegated to a room other than the Master bedroom? JS was at the new squeeze's home? Just weird that LE is not saying where he is/was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett