Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran/No family wants to face the fact their loved one MAY have killed themselves. The surviving family feels they could have stopped it, if they'd only known.

Logical, plausible, and possible, but the most high-profile team homicide person is RZ's sister, MZL, whose husband of three or so years is a policeman. One would think the family, including MZL husband, had an opportunity to view the body or photos of the body. If there was a gag, bruises, signs of a struggle, those would likely be evident.

Seems we're left with a lot of speculation after all this time with no further comment from LE, but I appreciate all the theories if for no other reason than to keep the case alive for someone who can't do so for herself.

Psychologist Kimberley James described Shacknai during his divorce from his first wife as a dedicated father.

“It was quite apparent to me that his children are most important to him and he loves them dearly,” James said, according to the Daily Mail.

Friends also noted that Shacknai was serious about his relationship with Zahau and planned to ask for her hand in marriage.

“It was a very serious relationship. There was a lot of love there. Jonah had every intention of proposing to Rebecca,” said sources, according to the Mail.

http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...millionaire-who-s-silent-about-mansion-deaths

Perhaps I read this wrong, but isn't KJ the ex-wife of JS? This article does not read that way to me. Just being curious .. SO many questions and interpretations .. JMO

That's interesting. I'm wondering where they were found also.

Why mention she sleeps naked. I don't think it matters anyway. But mentioning it seems curious like some reason is being given for why she was in that room and her clothes were not there? Or else there were no clothes found folded or lying around at all, i.e., she got ready for bed and put dirty clothes in the laundry or hung her clothes up? And, I can't imagine anyone close to the investigation giving out any particular info about her clothes.
And who other than someone who personally knew how she slept could leak that information?

Fran/No family wants to face the fact their loved one MAY have killed themselves. The surviving family feels they could have stopped it, if they'd only known.

Logical, plausible, and possible, but the most high-profile team homicide person is RZ's sister, MZL, whose husband of three or so years is a policeman. One would think the family, including MZL husband, had an opportunity to view the body or photos of the body. If there was a gag, bruises, signs of a struggle, those would likely be evident.

Seems we're left with a lot of speculation after all this time with no further comment from LE, but I appreciate all the theories if for no other reason than to keep the case alive for someone who can't do so for herself.
I wonder if the family, knowing the way they thought that she didn't commit suicide from the beginning would have had a second autopsy done? Early on it appeared that this may be a route LE was going down and RN sister stating that they did not believe RN committed suicide it would have been a smart thing to have done imo

I think it's just poor phrasing. Kimberly is Shacknai's first wife and he has 2 children with her.

Thanks. That's what I get for believing everything I read in the media :crazy:

Well, the convo here this morning is making me wonder what information Rebecca's relatives and the Shacknai team have been privy to? And, have both sides been privy to the same amount of information.

Well, the convo here this morning is making me wonder what information Rebecca's relatives and the Shacknai team have been privy to? And, have both sides been privy to the same amount of information.

I wonder as well and I would say "no" .. JMO but I would say the Shacknai(s) know more. :twocents:

Please note: The following links have all been posted before. Just adding them here for illustrative purposes.

So, as other posters have already put together:

8/18 SDCSD press release: “Information that didn’t come from this website or the Sheriff’s Homicide and Public Affairs Division, or the Coronado Police Department should not be relied upon.” http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/0818.pdf

- 8/18 CBS article: "Coronado mansion death: The suicide scenario" http://www.cbs8.com/story/15294873/coronado-mansion-death-the-suicide-scenario

- 8/20 NBC article: "Coronado Mansion Mystery a Suicide: Source" http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Coronado-Mansion-Mystery-a-Suicide-Source-128124368.html

- ? 8/22 So are we to expect the ABC “suicide” version tomorrow?

= ? Is the PR firm getting the suicide scenario out with possible supporting facts to “educate” potential jurists?

I agree on the educating the potential jurists, imo this possibly means the spin wizards know which way this could possibly go and maybe its not suicide. As well they are getting this in prior to any LE announcements, if it is actually the case that this is which way LE is going go why release that now, why not wait for LE's announcement? The article doesn't say LE sources, it just say sources who have knowledge of the investigation, if it was LE sources, I'm sure that would have been stated in the article to bolster the accuracy of the piece written. imo of course

We all have lots of questions regarding this "very suspicious death".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone made Timeline:
-Mon July 11 @ 1000 911 call MS traumatic fall (who made call?)
-Mon July 11 @ 1640 RN calls Camp Diggity Dogys:“She asked us to come get the dog, because she wanted to get to the hospital to see her child,” Greenberg said. “I understand it’s (her boyfriend’s) son, but I guess she thought of him as hers.” “She told me about the accident and said that her daughter was also injured.”
-Tues July 12 Dog picked up at JS/RN home by kennel
-Tues July 12 @2330 RN talks to sister via phone - OK per sister.
-Tues July 12@Midnight - Wed July 13@0645 am - RN murder or suicide
-Wed July 13 @0648 am 911 call RN found dead by AS
-Wed July 15 RN Autopsy done, await forensics
-Fri July 15 GS posts on FB "Maxie RIP"
-Fri July 15 Dr. Arnold Klein comment Wall Street Journal:"as 'JS' wealth increased so did his satyriasis --- his excessive, often uncontrollable sexual desire. Maybe this was his desire to remain forever young. But this illness may very well account for what happened at the Spreckles mansion as it did for the action at Dupont Estate in Deleware".
-Sun July 17 Public announcement MS deceased
-Mon Aug 8 JS Medicis Quarterly Meeting "text of Shacknai's personal remarks during Monday's call:"... We've obviously had an extraordinarily difficult time. We have undertaken some tragedies, some losses, that one couldn't imagine experiencing in a lifetime." "Over the past few weeks, I've obviously been spending time with family and loved ones." "I expect very quickly to return to the normal work schedule at the office. School commences momentarily in Arizona. At this time, I've really been with the kids, waiting for school to begin."
-Wed Aug 17 FB page: " Gabby Shacknai Photograph" posted picture of MS
-? date/whom FB page: "The Shacknai Shack ;)"(? JS Scottsdale home?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Why would someone commit suicide 38-44 hours after accident? Was there no hope?
2. Had MS brain injury been declared fatal/irreversible by Tuesday?His death announcement to public was not made till Sunday- although JS daughter posted Maxie RIP on Friday.
3. Strange way for a woman to commit suicide and VERY doubtful. Was this a staged scene:
-If hogtied, then not suicide.
-If blue material(scarf/nightgown?) used as gag, then not suicide
-If signs of fight, then not suicide. However, could have hit ground/wall->bruising.
-Method: Why use Electrical cord --very difficult to bend/tie knots. Seems like something a man would use. Was this at site or brought to scene.
-Location: Why this room? Was this a room with a computer with lots or cords? Did they want to be found by JS when he looked out the master bedroom? Wouldn't she have been concerned that AS would see/hear noises and stop the suicide attempt. Did RN run to hide or get moved to this room. Was this Maxis room?
-Why naked? Could it symbolic of last Medicis magazine with nude model?
-Why this method? Hanging in nude - very odd.
-Knots will be important- anyone sailor? yahtsman? boyscout?
4. Who was home that night? - AS. Any house staff? What did they hear?why didn't they hear anything?
5. DID JS RUSH HOME WHEN INFORMED OF RN? IF NOT, THEN BIG RED FLAG THAT HE WAS INVOLVED AND STILL ANGRY. IF THEY WERE SERIOUS AND ABOUT TO GET ENGAGED - AND MAX WAS END OF LIFE- THEN WOULDN'T HE RUSH HOME TO SEE HIS BELOVED GIRLFRIEND? SEEMS VERY, VERY STRANGE. EITHER HE ALREADY KNEW SHE WAS DEAD, OR DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HER AT ALL. WOULDN'T YOU RUSH TO THE SCENE?
6. Did DS have key to home, or could she have gotten hold of someones key and made copy for easy access to home. She had lived there, so knew her way around.
7. Did RN call her sister or did sister call her?
8. What woman was home with RN when Maxie fell? Suggestions that a 2nd woman was present. Was this GS since RN told Dog kennel that her "daughter" was also injured? Was GS playing with Maxie when he fell? Or more sinister? Or not there at all......Did she blame RN leading to JS blaming RN? Did she really call RN "evil" - if so, did she want RN gone? Why did she fly home so soon rather than staying at bedside?
8. Did RN come to hospital- or was she banned by JS/DS? Did JS blame her and end relationship- maybe asking her to pack her bags and leave? Would that lead to suicide in this strange way? Most women confide in their sisters!
9. Was there music on Tuesday pm? If so, was there a party or was it to hide any screaming? Wouldn't AS have heard it and come into home to check things out since it would have been after midnight, as RN was talking to her sister at 11:30 pm and still alive.
10. Was AS or RN swingers? Just asking due to Dr. Klein comments.... Could there have been a planned swingers party that night and someone showed up?
11. Was there suppose to be a party on Tuesday night to announce an engagement? Would that have upset DS or GS?
12. Was DS hoping to reunite with AS- why did she hang around in Coronado, when had a Scottsdale Clinical Psych fellowship? Did she resent RN taking care of Max- it is odd that RN told dog service that it was her son and daugher injured? Did she overstep her bounds and cause tension?
13. Why announce RN slept in nude? Only one that would know that is JS. Why state that about someone who just died. Red flag for PR firm- more concerned with protecting image of company and JS than protecting victim dignity.
14. Why did RN body lie on ground all day without protective tent? Also, she had to have been dead upon paramedic arrival, because they would have cut the cable cord off her arms to lie her flat and do CPR. They did not and neither did AS!
15. What was relationship with AS and JS? If JS muli-millionare, then why not help his brother out and buy him a nice home. Why did AS stay in guest house and not one of the home bedrooms? Did AS like RN, or think she was money hungry? Was he attached to Max and blame RN?
16. Was RN ever treated for depression, manic depression, suicidal?
17. Why did RN ex husband interact with her recently regarding credit card?
18. Did JS go home to change clothes at anytime? Did he ever leave hospital, sleep or was he at bedside entire time between admit and RN death?
19. Can you get to their Coronado home by boat and car after midnight?
20. What did neighborhs see/hear? Especially those teen boys taking photos. If their was any music suggesting a party Tues after midnight, then I am sure they would have checked it out....
21. What really is going on with Medicis?
22. Awaiting Toxicology/DNA testing...Easy for JS or DS to get hold of sedatives/ anesthetics as they are both in health care profession. Any sedative drugs injected to impair RN?
23. Of note, one of DS collegues posted on FB something about when looking who to date and marry, ...he has to find a wife who he could trust to take care of the kids when he was goone... Is that implying RN not good at looking after kids, and she was blamed? Who knows.

Lots of questions, possibilities.. but something took place between Tuesday MIDNIGHT - WEDNESDAY 645 am!

Suicide (doubtful since too early after MS fall, electrical cords used, nude, blue scarf)
JS - Rage/out of control anger, Revenge murder
DS - Revenge murder
AS - Revenge murder, attempted rape
Ex husband - Revenge murder
Hired Hit
Swingers - SM sex gone wrong
Stranger
Big pharma warning

JMO

Wasn't the child scheduled for an MRI for that morning? If she supposedly killed herself because she felt so guilty, the child was not even dead yet.

We all have lots of questions regarding this "very suspicious death".
respectfully snipped
23. Of note, one of DM collegues posted on FB something about when looking who to date and marry, ...he has to find a wife who can take care of kids when he is gone. Is that implying RN not good at looking after kids, and she was blamed? Who knows.
JMO
:seeya: Hi Curiousjo, Welcome!!! Can I ask who is DM?

Thx, I meant DS. Just corrected it. Please feel free to update more infor on time line everyone. In regards to Head MRI - have not seen anything posted about hospital admit course. I did hear that MS donated his organs...

Wasn't the child scheduled for an MRI for that morning? If she supposedly killed herself because she felt so guilty, the child was not even dead yet.

Other posters have mentioned that both parents are in the medical field and, particularly since Max was not breathing after the fall, they likely knew very early on that he may have had brain damage. IMO if I were RN, that fact would be devastating news in and of itself to feel responsible for the accident under her watch. With that being said, however, I still can't buy into her suicide under such horrific circumstances but truly respect those opinions otherwise from posters that have unfortunately had family or friends that have committed suicide.

Dr. Arnold Klein comment Wall Street Journal:"as 'JS' wealth increased so did his satyriasis --- his excessive, often uncontrollable sexual desire. Maybe this was his desire to remain forever young. But this illness may very well account for what happened at the Spreckles mansion as it did for the action at Dupont Estate in Deleware".

What is Dr Klein referring to by "the action at Dupont Estate in Deleware"?

Respectfully snipped
5. DID JS RUSH HOME WHEN INFORMED OF RN? IF NOT, THEN BIG RED FLAG THAT HE WAS INVOLVED AND STILL ANGRY. IF THEY WERE SERIOUS AND ABOUT TO GET ENGAGED - AND MAX WAS END OF LIFE- THEN WOULDN'T HE RUSH HOME TO SEE HIS BELOVED GIRLFRIEND? SEEMS VERY, VERY STRANGE. EITHER HE ALREADY KNEW SHE WAS DEAD, OR DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HER AT ALL. WOULDN'T YOU RUSH TO THE SCENE?

This is huge in my mind too!!! The answer to it speaks volumes. I wish we knew that answer.

12. Was DS hoping to reunite with AS- why did she hang around in Coronado, when had a Scottsdale Clinical Psych fellowship?

We live also in az and have a SD place. Since this occurred, we've been back and forth 3 times. It's just too da$& hot In AZ and many families have homes both places.

JMO

sorry my comments are within your quotes because I am on my iPad and it screws me up.

FYI: I'm breaking your post apart to help me respond more easily:

I agree on the educating the potential jurists, imo this possibly means the spin wizards know which way this could possibly go and maybe its not suicide.

BBM - I agree Defense101! Although we are venturing into the area of reading tea leaves.

Hope this flurry of info after the long media blackout means that LE has given the "witnesses" some indication that an announcement is forthcoming. At least my fingers are crossed that this is what it means. But again, reading tea leaves.

As well they are getting this in prior to any LE announcements, if it is actually the case that this is which way LE is going go why release that now, why not wait for LE's announcement?

BBM - Possible preemptive strike??? Going with the theory that information learned first usually sticks better than subsequent revisions to a story (despite truthfulness or not) ???

The article doesn't say LE sources, it just say sources who have knowledge of the investigation, if it was LE sources, I'm sure that would have been stated in the article to bolster the accuracy of the piece written. imo of course

I absolutely agree!

That's interesting. I'm wondering where they were found also.

Why mention she sleeps naked. I don't think it matters anyway. But mentioning it seems curious like some reason is being given for why she was in that room and her clothes were not there? Or else there were no clothes found folded or lying around at all, i.e., she got ready for bed and put dirty clothes in the laundry or hung her clothes up? And, I can't imagine anyone close to the investigation giving out any particular info about her clothes.

Oh that is new information to me, time. I had not heard it confirmed that she slept naked.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member