Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK............but in court you need to have first hand knowledge in order to say that. I know we are not in court but its keeps it interesting to stay within those guidelines.

There will not be a trial if her death is ruled a suicide.

Most police agencies do not publicly announce suicides because it isn't a crime nor do news agencies report them out of respect to the families.

Thanks for your response however aren't the rules a bit different for rich and famous cases? Of recent note - the Armstrong suicide.

Most police agencies do not publicly announce suicides because it isn't a crime nor do news agencies report them out of respect to the families.
LE has a portion of their website dedicated to the release of information on this matter, it was high profile from the beginning. If you look at the high profile suicide that just happened in the news, the suicide determination came out directly after the autopsy.

Then why go get an extension cord at all why not use what is handy to you in the bedroom? Why go get something that is difficult to knot when you have scarves belts ties handy? LE stated that she was suspended by a rope not a scarf, AS stated he cut the rope, why was the scarf there at all?

She was found outside, not in the bedroom. She did have a scarf around her neck. It would not be difficult to loop a cord over the railing and tie it to the scarf. Whatever cord she used was accessible to her. It is irrelevant where it was kept. It may have been right on the patio for all we know.

all, JMO.

LE has a portion of their website dedicated to the release of information on this matter, it was high profile from the beginning. If you look at the high profile suicide that just happened in the news, the suicide determination came out directly after the autopsy.

LE has made it clear that the unique circumstances of this case are why they are investigating these two deaths. If no crime is found, they will simply close the case.

LE does not conduct the autopsy nor do they sign death certificates. That's up to the ME. The media can find out autopsy conclusions when the death certificate is filed (made public).

Thanks for your response however aren't the rules a bit different for rich and famous cases? Of recent note - the Armstrong suicide.

In my experience, the rules are the same as far as the media and police are concerned. Neither is going to allow the rich and famous dictate what they do or say. Media have to work with LE on an ongoing basis and are not about to pizz them off because police will stop giving them anything at all. And neither is going to intentionally allow a crime be swept under the rug.

Not an article. A blog post from a non-news organization.

Well as a blogger his points have merit in what the knot indicates, the comments made by the sister and the kind of evidence needed. He pretty much laid out the facts that are floating around.

Is that not true?

Inobu

LE has made it clear that the unique circumstances of this case are why they are investigating these two deaths. If no crime is found, they will simply close the case.

LE does not conduct the autopsy nor do they sign death certificates. That's up to the ME. The media can find out autopsy conclusions when the death certificate is filed (made public).
I believe they are investigating this death because of the violent nature of her death and very very suspicious scene, not because of it being unique imo. The autopsy records have been sealed, I'm assuming that was done by LE.

Ok Quester I looked it up

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44214448/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

Next thing maybe they will claim she slept naked out on the balcony.

My rearrangements: "While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide out in the open, sources said Zahau slept in the nude." or "While it’s unusual for a woman to sleep naked, sources said Zahau additionally commited suicide while naked and out in the open."

or
"While it’s unusual for a woman to commit suicide while naked and out in the open, sources said Zahau often went outside". :banghead:

That's news to me, considering that in quite a few recent cases police announced a suicide even before tox screen came back.

That's news to me, considering that in quite a few recent cases police announced a suicide even before tox screen came back.
There were 2 recently on So Cal.

Base Ball player and Reality actor both reported within a day or so.

I believe they are investigating this death because of the violent nature of her death and very very suspicious scene, not because of it being unique imo. The autopsy records have been sealed, I'm assuming that was done by LE.

Autopsy records are sealed by Judges, not police and it is commonly done while investigations are still active.

I said "unique circumstances." The police said they opened an investigation because of "suspicious circumstances."

There is an underlying story here............it will come out.................just watch

Inobu

Those were suicides involving public figures. Rebecca was not a public figure, her boyfriend is. Big, big difference.

Autopsy records are sealed by Judges, not police and it is commonly done while investigations are still active.

I said "unique circumstances." The police said they opened an investigation because of "suspicious circumstances."

But by someone request. The Judge can agree or disagree with the request.

Those were suicides involving public figures. Rebecca was not a public figure, her boyfriend is. Big, big difference.

JS and RN are connected in this case.

Guess I should have said "public figure" instead of "rich and famous".

But by someone request. The Judge can agree or disagree with the request.

It would be a prosecutor requesting the seal. There is an on-going investigation. No reason for the Judge to disagree.

I can post links to plenty of cases publicly ruled suicides of people who were not public figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme