Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true but communication would have to be made between this supposed "person" and either Dina or Jonah.

I have no doubt Dina and Jonah's cell phone records have also been retrieved so LE would know who they had been in contact with from the time Maxie got hurt until Rebecca died. With them being at the hospital so much during this time with Max on his death bed I think it has made it easier for police to know where they were at all times.

If I was to speculate I see more of a viable motive by Dina than Jonah but then I have nothing whatsoever to base that on.

IMO

BBM

We aren't sure they were at the hospital 24/7. As a parent, I know I would be but I also know that I would have given my son more time (yes, I believe in miracles and I don't want to have that argument - just my opinion/belief). I also know I probably would want to walk on the beach, cry and come to terms, make decision, etc..

It seems that they may have decided on Tuesday to harvest his organs (doesn't it take 3-4 days to get everything arranged - if not an emergency)?

Perhaps once JS and/or DS found out that Maxie wasn't going to "pull through" he/she went to the mansion to express his/her anger at RN?

Yes, the hospital tapes and cell phone calls could possibly shed a lot of light on what really happened......I can't imagine that JS and RN didn't talk.

It would be easier to surprise RN if she was sleeping.....

The sources believe that Zahu's alleged suicide was sparked when Max Shacknai, the 6-year-old son of Zahau's millionaire boyfriend Jonah Shacknai, suffered a severe brain injury after falling from the grand staircase at the mansion on July 11. Max Shacknai died two days after the accident, reports the station

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20096692-504083.html

BBM

:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

Where in the fudge are they getting their information?????:banghead::banghead:

I have never seen such pizz poor reporting!!!! I think all the reporters in the San Diego area are :crazy::crazy:

Ocean, very good point on the phone records being pulled up for if one were to summon 'help' to take care of Rebecca, that would be indicated indeed. Just so I understand where you are coming from, do you lean more toward Dina because she held a grudge about Rebecca maybe breaking up her marriage or do you think that Jonah would not be inclined to murder his fiance? Simply curious and I'm certain the reasons don't boil down to these simplistic points.

Hi Justice!

I am inclined to believe this was a tragic suicide but I am still open to it being a homicide.

From what we have read about Dina she did not want Jonah to leave her so maybe she did not want the marriage to end. I have read that Jonah had been with Rebecca for 2 years and then sometimes I see it had been three years. If it was the latter then that would mean he was with Rebecca before his divorce from Dina so I can definitely see the resentment Dina may have toward Rebecca. What is contrary to that is a link was put up supposedly by a child of Dina's boyfriend. If that is the case then it would seem Dina had moved past her prior marriage to Jonah and found someone else.

The reason I see Dina having more of a motive is Maxie was her only child and it sure seems like both parents loved their adorable son. Even if Dina didn't care about Jonah anymore it does not mean she liked Rebecca or how close Rebecca and Maxie were.

Maxie death would be devastating for anyone but for some reason I think Dina would have been outraged more.

Now having said that........I am not sure anyone is guilty of harming Rebecca. I can certainly understand how Maxie's death would send Rebecca into a tailspin of despair. Depressed enough to think her life would never be the same and she just couldn't live with herself knowing Maxie died on her watch.

IMO

The evidence there was negligence is a dead child with a brain injury, imo. Someone questioned my previous posting and I provided clarification.

Your scenarios aren't remotely similar to what is known in this case. I will continue to hold my opinion that fatal brain trauma to a child in his own home are a result of negligence. Rebecca was Max's caregiver. I doubt she was busily distracted with cooking and cleaning the mansion but, again, that's imo.

Other details of Maxie's injuries have not been revealed but so far, no blame has been placed on the dog. If the dog were that rambunctious, its play with Maxie should have been supervised. I have dogs I would never allow around kids unsupervised.

I think it is far-fetched to accuse Maxie's grieving parents of murdering his dad's girlfriend when there is no evidence whatsoever to support it but that's also just my opinion.

What facts exactly are known to the public about Max's death?

I've followed this case from the beginning and initially LE said it was a tragic accident (fall from stair case) and then that the two cases were not seen as connected and then that they would be investigating Max's death.

I am not claiming I think it was an accident, nor the dog, nor anything specific. That's the point... I'm saying we don't know enough about what happened. But I do not see any evidence that states as fact that Rebecca was negligent. Why wouldn't Rebecca possibly have been cooking something or whatever. You seem to be setting an impossible standard on parents or so called 'caregivers' such as Rebecca. Interesting.

But to me..time......that is trying to put our rational thinking into the minds of the suicidal persons and doing their thinking for them which is not doable, imo.

If that were the case then ALL women who commit suicide would take an overdose of drugs and that is simply not the case. They do overdose themselves but they also hang or shoot themselves too. There is no set profile where every case fits into a neat box because these people can be very creative in how they commit suicide.

She wouldn't have to be falling down drunk if she drank alcohol or even if she took some sedatives beforehand.

The brutal truth is we cannot get into the minds of those who do this or know why they pick the methodology they do.

IMO

Oh, I know what you are saying ... I was just trying to make the point (whether good or not :) that the pragmatic/physical aspect would be MORE difficult with inebriation or pills. If it was just a glass of wine, no.

BBM

We aren't sure they were at the hospital 24/7. As a parent, I know I would be but I also know that I would have given my son more time (yes, I believe in miracles and I don't want to have that argument - just my opinion/belief). I also know I probably would want to walk on the beach, cry and come to terms, make decision, etc..

It seems that they may have decided on Tuesday to harvest his organs (doesn't it take 3-4 days to get everything arranged - if not an emergency)?

Perhaps once JS and/or DS found out that Maxie wasn't going to "pull through" he/she went to the mansion to express his/her anger at RN?

Yes, the hospital tapes and cell phone calls could possibly shed a lot of light on what really happened......I can't imagine that JS and RN didn't talk.

It would be easier to surprise RN if she was sleeping.....

BBM

No, we aren't sure but by now the police are very aware where they both were and when.

I wish we knew more about Rebecca's life before she even met Jonah. I'd like to know what her life was like back in Burma? Had she suffered tragic loss before?

I just have a feeling there is something about Rebecca's past we don't know about.

JMOO

I too would like to hear MaBelle's theory tho I didn't think she was saying it was necessarily intentional, willful or malicious.

My theory is that RN may not have been the greatest substitute mom to Max and perhaps that was apparent to both parents so that when the accident occurred they both duly or unduly blamed her <modsnip>.

Sounded to me like she was talking criminal negligence? Maybe I read into it. But I'm not sure from what we know it was even negligent on her part. I do think it's a stretch to say under ordinary circumstance that a child fell off the stairs and was immediately brain dead. There could be extenuating circumstance - like medication or something else, rough housing, and so on. I don't believe even parents can control everything a child does, especially at 6.

I guess things can really "snowball" out of control..........can't you see Jose representing JS.......not an accident that led to murder......but a murder that led to an "accident"....

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I can actually hear him saying that in his closing argument. :loser:

BBM

No, we aren't sure but by now the police are very aware where they both were and when.

I wish we knew more about Rebecca's life before she even met Jonah. I'd like to know what her life was like back in Burma? Had she suffered tragic loss before?

I just have a feeling there is something about Rebecca's past we don't know about.

JMOO

BBM

Ocean,

But we DO KNOW about JS and DS - both have a documented, violent past. And those are the documented fights we know about!!

Remember, DS probably just found out that her only child and tie to JS was gone.....poof

Back to saying that scene was too bizzare, violent for a suicide.....

What facts exactly are known to the public about Max's death?

I've followed this case from the beginning and initially LE said it was a tragic accident (fall from stair case) and then that the two cases were not seen as connected and then that they would be investigating Max's death.

I am not claiming I think it was an accident, nor the dog, nor anything specific. That's the point... I'm saying we don't know enough about what happened. But I do not see any evidence that states as fact that Rebecca was negligent. Why wouldn't Rebecca possibly have been cooking something or whatever. You seem to be setting an impossible standard on parents or so called 'caregivers' such as Rebecca. Interesting.
I believe as well if not for what happened to RN MS tragic death would have stayed just that a tragic accident. Coronado PD is handling MS death and as they have no homicide dept I believe that is what it is going to stay just a tragic accident. imo

Hi Justice!

I am inclined to believe this was a tragic suicide but I am still open to it being a homicide.

From what we have read about Dina she did not want Jonah to leave her so maybe she did not want the marriage to end. I have read that Jonah had been with Rebecca for 2 years and then sometimes I see it had been three years. If it was the latter then that would mean he was with Rebecca before his divorce from Dina so I can definitely see the resentment Dina may have toward Rebecca. What is contrary to that is a link was put up supposedly by a child of Dina's boyfriend. If that is the case then it would seem Dina had moved past her prior marriage to Jonah and found someone else.

The reason I see Dina having more of a motive is Maxie was her only child and it sure seems like both parents loved their adorable son. Even if Dina didn't care about Jonah anymore it does not mean she liked Rebecca or how close Rebecca and Maxie were.

Maxie death would be devastating for anyone but for some reason I think Dina would have been outraged more.

Now having said that........I am not sure anyone is guilty of harming Rebecca. I can certainly understand how Maxie's death would send Rebecca into a tailspin of despair. Depressed enough to think her life would never be the same and she just couldn't live with herself knowing Maxie died on her watch.

IMO

Ocean, I very much appreciate your view and it helps to hear a consolidation of things in the bigger picture as I’m struggling with what the truth may be. One thing I think about is the potential for a different viewpoint of DS still wanting to be with JS. This is strictly theory:
From what has been posted with sources documented, Dina and Jonah went through a contentious divorce that was ultimately sealed. It’s not unusual for one or both parties in a divorce to have a private eye investigate what the spouse is up to before a divorce. Because we know that RN and JS were together for several years, my theory is that DS not only found out about JS seeing RN during their marriage, she discovered more than she set out to find about her husband which would prove embarrassing to him. Because of that, my theory is that DS received a huge divorce settlement agreeing to have the divorce proceedings sealed and she was happy to be wealthy in her own right and away from JS – the man she thought she knew but didn’t.
I also think DS would fully put the blame on RN for Max’s death just as I would if my own son died in someone else’s care. Conversely, I would also feel blame had a child died under my care.
So many questions left hanging by LE………it makes one speculate endlessly! :banghead:

Please allow me to clarify my posting. If I had intended to add "yet" to the end of my posting, I would have done so.

I do not view massive brain injuries to a small child in his own home to be a result of a tragic accident. I view them as a result of negligence. If I were his mother and father, I would be outraged that he wasn't being supervised and I would expect his care-giver to be held accountable. imo, the victim in this case is Maxie and Rebecca knew she was responsible. I'll let the investigators make conclusions about her death. Suicide is entirely possible, imo.

Thank you for your clarification.

I understand your thoughts on negligence but was Maxie in need of constant surveillance?

If not, most parents/care-givers give some leeway/freedom in the family home to a child of 6 especially when accompanied by a 14 year old older sibling.

And, unfortunately, tragic accidents can and do happen.

That is true but communication would have to be made between this supposed "person" and either Dina or Jonah.

I have no doubt Dina and Jonah's cell phone records have also been retrieved so LE would know who they had been in contact with from the time Maxie got hurt until Rebecca died. With them being at the hospital so much during this time with Max on his death bed I think it has made it easier for police to know where they were at all times.

If I was to speculate I see more of a viable motive by Dina than Jonah but then I have nothing whatsoever to base that on.

IMO

Actually, I think both Dina and Jonas are far too clever to use their own cell phones for anything nefarious. Probably Dina would have called her sister/mother or Jonas would have called his brother. Nothing suspicious there. <modsnip>.

Actually, I think both Dina and Jonas are far too clever to use their own cell phones for anything nefarious. Probably Dina would have called her sister/mother or Jonas would have called his brother. Nothing suspicious there.<modsnip>.

:woohoo: Yes these are no dummies and that makes sense. IMO I don't think JS would call his brother. I have this sneaky feeling that the brother had something going with RN.

I personally have not read one thing in the past five weeks that would lead me to conclude that any type of relationship existed between AS and RN. :popcorn:

Ocean, I very much appreciate your view and it helps to hear a consolidation of things in the bigger picture as I’m struggling with what the truth may be. One thing I think about is the potential for a different viewpoint of DS still wanting to be with JS. This is strictly theory:
From what has been posted with sources documented, Dina and Jonah went through a contentious divorce that was ultimately sealed. It’s not unusual for one or both parties in a divorce to have a private eye investigate what the spouse is up to before a divorce. Because we know that RN and JS were together for several years, my theory is that DS not only found out about JS seeing RN during their marriage, she discovered more than she set out to find about her husband which would prove embarrassing to him. Because of that, my theory is that DS received a huge divorce settlement agreeing to have the divorce proceedings sealed and she was happy to be wealthy in her own right and away from JS – the man she thought she knew but didn’t.
I also think DS would fully put the blame on RN for Max’s death just as I would if my own son died in someone else’s care. Conversely, I would also feel blame had a child died under my care.
So many questions left hanging by LE………it makes one speculate endlessly! :banghead:

I agree - accident or no accident - if anything happened to my child in someone's care that would be the end of the relationship with that person for good -- just as I would not forgive myself if something happened under my own care.

Guys - let's back off this "hit" theory for now. There is nothing in the MSM or from LE that would give rise to such a theory. If something comes out, we can revisit the issue, but for now, let's leave it be considering that RN's death has not even been determined to be a homicide..

We are a victim friendly board and we extend that to the family of victims. While theories are allowed, they need to be based on the facts of the case. It is understandable how this theory was reached, but until RN's death is declared a homicide, it is disrespectful to discuss the family in this manner.

Again - as we get more information, this could change.

Salem

:woohoo: Yes these are no dummies and that makes sense. IMO I don't think JS would call his brother. I have this sneaky feeling that the brother had something going with RN.

But it doesn't seem that JS and AS were close; also I don't think AS attended the memorial for RN.

It sure does make an interesting storyline, though.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member