Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO.

The leaks are purposeful. There is a reason.

IMO

I don't believe that LE has has leaked anything. I'm not keen on the silence and the "special" web page either (BTW, it's just a page in the SD sheriff's website, not a site built just for this investigation). But nothing so far substantiates that LE is the source of any recent developments of any kind.

We have all seen the power of the press, to change/influence opinions, however, I think by playing this case out in silence, the SD PD has shown that media will create stories, when there is not official information to report.

This says a lot about our society as a whole and what influences it in general.

The situation is certainly a fascinating one when our society is no longer able to distinguish between blogger and reporter. Let the games begin.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15294873/coronado-mansion-death-the-suicide-scenario

Is this the article that started the 'suicide' conclusion?

No, this news story and all the network news stories discussing the S-word were quoting two speculative examiner.com bloggers who have no journalistic credibility at all quoting and/or misquoting speculating old retired detective, which means not part of LE, not on the case.
:seeya:CalElliot, I looked at the examiner site and the only article I found was quoting the nbc article, is there a blog area I missed?

Just for orientation purposes and it appears the balcony where Rebecca was found is nearest the entry into the courtyard by the garage.

I wonder when/how AS found RN. Could he see her if he came down the steps of the apartment over the garage? I think his view would have been blocked by the tree. Is there a side door to the house that he could have entered? Did he walk out into the courtyard to sit and drink his morning coffee?

I don't believe that LE has has leaked anything. I'm not keen on the silence and the "special" web page either (BTW, it's just a page in the SD sheriff's website, not a site built just for this investigation. But nothing so far substantiates that LE is the source of any recent developments of any kind.

I agree. I am wondering why LE is not then saying 'we did not say this' 'this is not true'.

BBM I should have said specific web page to the Sheriff's Department's website. I did know that it is not a site set up specifically for this case.

Or maybe they have, and I have missed it. Unfortunately, I have to work, eat and sleep...and that takes aways from my websleuthing time. :)

The retired detective, author, and self proclaimed expert on suicides, was 'interviewed' very early on in the case. Since he runs some kind of police museum, I have a feeling they told him to shut up. He did not seem to have any inside information nor any expert information from what I heard.

I wonder when/how AS found RN. Could he see her if he came down the steps of the apartment over the garage? I think his view would have been blocked by the tree. Is there a side door to the house that he could have entered? Did he walk out into the courtyard to sit and drink his morning coffee?
I wondered that but unfortunately I don't think we'll get that degree of information for awhile if at all. The rope/electrical cord direction still has me baffled as well.

That's kind of how I imagined he came upon her.
Or maybe he was up early and going to the main house to get some breakfast, have some coffee and then going on to the hospital to support his brother?

I wondered that but unfortunately I don't think we'll get that degree of information for awhile if at all. The rope/electrical cord direction still has me baffled as well.

the cord direction could come from her being carried from the direction of the garage.......

Where's Inobu???

The retired detective, author, and self proclaimed expert on suicides, was 'interviewed' very early on in the case. Since he runs some kind of police museum, I have a feeling they told him to shut up. He did not seem to have any inside information nor any expert information from what I heard.
He is what imo I would call quite an expert on suicide not necessarily why it happens but how, and did work for the SDSD Homicide division for years, it is possible he still has connections to the department.

Jumping off your post:

I don't remember the answer to the following:

Do we know where AS was staying? In the guest house behind the main house or in an apartment above the garage?

If he was staying in the guest house he probably couldn't have missed her.

Jumping off your post:

I don't remember the answer to the following:

Do we know where AS was staying? In the guest house behind the main house or in an apartment above the garage?

If he was staying in the guest house he probably couldn't have missed her.
The first reports were that he was in the guest house and that the caretakers cottage/apartment was rented out. That may have been the older couple who came back to collect personal items that was shown on video, maybe....

Interesting questions. And, as far as we know he may not have stayed there all night or went out early and came back to find her. We also don't know how often he visited and stayed in the mansion. If he likes the water/ocean, I'd bet he was there a lot. Who could resist having a place to stay like that right on the ocean... it's like feet away from the front walk.

Also ... do I remember some article or LE saying there were guests staying in the mansion?

Looking at the pics... obvious that where Rebecca was hung was about as close to a getaway exit in and out of the property as you can get also (and right next to the garage).

Does anyone know exactly where DS's house was? At some point I also read that she didn't own that house, but JS did?

Interesting questions. And, as far as we know he may not have stayed there all night or went out early and came back to find her. We also don't know how often he visited and stayed in the mansion. If he likes the water/ocean, I'd bet he was there a lot. Who could resist having a place to stay like that right on the ocean... it's like feet away from the front walk.

Also ... do I remember some article or LE saying there were guests staying in the mansion?

Looking at the pics... obvious that where Rebecca was hung was about as close to a getaway exit in and out of the property as you can get also (and right next to the garage).

Does anyone know exactly where DS's house was? At some point I also read that she didn't own that house, but JS did?

BBM - If reports I read were correct, her house is pinpointed on the following map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210011210325991828438.0004a820248c050ae46b6&msa=0&ll=32.743392,-117.149963&spn=0.172395,0.295944

Article - Coronado mansion death: The suicide scenario

Posted 8/19 and updated 8/21

But is that really possible? Local investigators admit they have never encountered a female suicide victim, found hanging, naked and bound. But the suicide scenario remains a possibility.

"It is unusual to have somebody who is bound at the feet, and to have their hands secured behind their back, and of course being unclothed," Sheriff's homicide Sgt. Roy Frank told News 8 last month.Even so, "there are documentations of incidents throughout the country where people have secured their feet and hands to commit suicide," said Sgt. Frank.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15294873/coronado-mansion-death-the-suicide-scenario

BBM

Is this the article that started the 'suicide' conclusion?

They are quoting what LE said over a month ago.........they have no new quotes from LE

The reporter couldn't even find a suicide where a woman bound both hands and feet and naked and outside.......

Here is the story and link, CalElliot.

I would hesitate to characterize any of the recent news stories as "leaks," whatever the verbiage. More like news sites quoting what started out as a single blog site quoting speculation by a source thinly if at all qualified to comment on the case that, in a news-starved environment, turns into third-hand "reporting." Of course, a single planted blog postulating "suicide" can generate a zillion stories on the web repeating that word in relation to the victim...including the discussion of those "news" stories here. Fascinating to watch the thing spread like a virus.

Not a rumor generated by a single blog (indeed quite clear and obvious that LE investigating suicide option from day one). Rather, a recent spate of legitimate news organizations reporting on a "report/new article," the source of which were two posts by nonjournalist bloggers, about LE "confident" that it was suicide according to an unnamed source accompanied by quotes from a retired detective not on the case.

This morning, I was responding to the first post of yours which I bolded. I read this to mean that a single blog was responsible for the suicide theory.

I became confused as to how this would be the case whe I read scorekeeper's linked article that included Sgt Frank's words.

Your other post, which I quoted second here and includes another bolded statement, came after my initial question.

So if I am reading the second post correctly you are stating that LE was investigating suicide since day one, but the statements that leaks from inside the investigation confirm it are due to a blog written by someone outside of the investigation....do I have this correct now?

Thanks for the link to the article.......good read

From the article also,

Anger and vengeance can be expressed by completing suicide while naked, especially when it is intended to traumatize a survivor. The shock of discovering a naked suicide inflicts an indelible, traumatic memory that can haunt a survivor for a lifetime.12 The person who completes suicide while naked may intend to add insult to a suicide survivor's already devastating injury.

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/36/2/240

BBM

If, and I say this with a BIG IF, RN did commit suicide......what survivor did she want to have such a traumatic memory??? Was she expecting JS to find her? Do we know if JS ever even came to the mansion? Did they talk on the phone and he gave her a possible time he would be home?

Were the outside lights on? Remember someone said that if you looked out the master bedroom windows you could see the balcony?

Her family or ex never spoke of her as being vindictive or one "to rub salt into someone else's wounds"....

It's such drastic measures......if she was distraught over Maxie, why not leave a note and express her guilt, take some pills and get in the tub.....

I am curious as to if she did leave some kind of communication that was not necessarily definitive.

I am curious as to if she did leave some kind of communication that was not necessarily definitive.

hmmmm........LE removed either a large picture or mirror...

picture - could it have been of RN and JS and RN defaced/cut herself out of the picture?

mirror - could RN have written something like, 'I'm sorry, I loved you and Maxie'

got the imagination running wild:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM - If reports I read were correct, her house is pinpointed on the following map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...l=32.743392,-117.149963&spn=0.172395,0.295944

Thank you. I went looking for an odd comment I read a while back:

The house that Dina lives in on G Avenue is owned by the "Jonah Shacknai Revocable Trust". That property was on the market back in 2009, and was scheduled to be autioned on July 11, 2009: the very same date two years prior to Max's accident. Might also explain why Dina rented a home in La Jolla during that period.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/few-new-details-in-deaths-at-shacknai-mansion-in-coronado

Wow ... weird coincidence!

A LOT of interesting comments there BTW.

Could be something as simple as taking a ring off that she always wore and placing it on a dresser, etc.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member