Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that LE has has leaked anything. I'm not keen on the silence and the "special" web page either (BTW, it's just a page in the SD sheriff's website, not a site built just for this investigation). But nothing so far substantiates that LE is the source of any recent developments of any kind.

Cal,

This is the article about the web site...

On Thursday, the Sheriff's department launched a new web site to help keep the public and members of the media updated on the Coronado mansion death investigation

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15294873/coronado-mansion-death-the-suicide-scenario

the article called it a a web site; but it is a page from the Sheriff's webpage..

it's one of those....tomato/tomatoe thingy.....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And wasn't it rumored somewhere that she owed back rent on the house she rented.....but that is not here or there.......

The 10News I-Team obtained court records that detailed a delinquent payment on a La Jolla rental house involving Dina Shacknai. She rented the property for a month in 2009 for $32,500. It remains unclear why Dina Shacknai rented it when she and her then-husband owned their Coronado mansion. "I think every entrepreneur has a fantasy of how big a company will become and I think what has happened to me is not inconsistent with my fantasies," Jonah Shacknai said in a corporate video.

http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

Quote:
The 10News I-Team obtained court records that detailed a delinquent payment on a La Jolla rental house involving Dina Shacknai. She rented the property for a month in 2009 for $32,500. It remains unclear why Dina Shacknai rented it when she and her then-husband owned their Coronado mansion. "
snipped by me.

BBM IMO, this isn't very strange at all if they were having marital problems. He wanted to take his children on vacation to Coronado and didn't want DS there. She didn't want to be without MS for the summer. Hence, you rent another house close by. Remember, MS was only 4 at the time. Far too young to go without seeing his mommy. IMO
Oh, and the delinquent payment doesn't seem that off base either, if the one of them decided to file for divorce, thereby preventing access to the money that she usually paid bills from.

Found this interesting:

2:32pm on Friday, July 22, 2011
Phoenix Times Poll
-----------------------------
Rebecca Zahau
-------------------------
Murder = 90.23%
Suicide = 9.77%

I also wonder how well the PR firm is doing its job and what the numbers would be today.

CalElliot, I looked at the examiner site and the only article I found was quoting the nbc article, is there a blog area I missed?

The initial examiner "reports" by Cindy Adams and Joel Siegfried have no named source. When NBC quoted their "reports," Adams then attributed it to NBC. Then all the other news outlets quoted NBC.

In less than 24 hours, have gone from Adams's "an unnamed law enforcement source has been reported as saying, "It doesn't look like Rebecca's death was by suicide..." to the NY Daily News headline: "Bizarre death of millionaire CEO Jonah Shacknai's girlfriend was a suicide."

Who knows if it is a homicide or a suicide at this point. But my sleuthing tells me that all it took for a public exoneration, to blame the victim, was to get someone to give a "tip" to a blog site.

Cindy Adams gets no tips. She copies and repeats stuff she gets from elsewhere. She either gets her material from legitimate news sources, TV or print, or from blogs/opinion pieces. She is in the business of collecting clicks, period. She was one of the first to sign up with examinerdotcom. None of her reporting is very original and never has been.

I don't know about Joel Siegfried.

You can Google the reports of the day in Google news option, then select order by date, then track the spread of the suicide meme.

I guess things can really "snowball" out of control..........can't you see Jose representing JS.......not an accident that led to murder......but a murder that led to an "accident"....

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

1.) AS said that Rebecca was hanging when he found her. what does he meant by hanging? by the neck ? if so, is the bruise marks on her neck in a straight horizontal wrap-around fashion characteristic of strangulation by another person or a v-shaped upward bruise characteristic of hanging ?

2.) if the evidence shows there was no hanging and AS said there was hanging, what does this mean? protecting himself ? or someone else ?

3.) did AS speak on record as having called his brother and other people either before or after he discovered the hanging Rebecca ? If so, and if he used a cellphone, does his cellphone records show this ? what else did AS say to police that can be proven or disproven by background or material evidence ? e.g. he said he was going to work(he lives and works out-of-state, forgot which state) but he ended up in Coronado on the eve of Rebecca's death.

4.) who did Rebecca talk to on her cellphone in the last 2 days or so before she died

5.) who did the "possible" suspects talk to in the 2 days before Rebecca died? cell phone records will show this.

6.) what does the facebook, twitter of rebecca and possible suspects, and their friends show in the 2 days before Rebecca died?

7.) why did the police not do a re-enactment of the scene ? that seems to imply they have enough confidence in their proof for either suicide or murder ??

8.) the police probably have a lot of evidence we do not know about, otherwise , they usually will appeal to the public for more information ??? or no ??

9.) assuming the rope is those heavy orange electrical cord, and the case is ruled a suicide, the police will have to do a re-enactment to convince people that its possible to tie one's hands and feet then jump. it is difficult tying things up with heavy electrical cord simply because its not meant for tying up. its meant for powering-up electrical equipment.

10.) whats the point of tying your feet prior to commiting suicide ? unless someone is trying to bungee jump :floorlaugh: or someone does not want you to escape.

The article further states the following:
One law enforcement source said Monday "no one is looking at it as a homicide."

Then what in the world are all 15 detectives investigating then? Aren't they supposed to investigate whether this was a homicide?
:banghead:

He is what imo I would call quite an expert on suicide not necessarily why it happens but how, and did work for the SDSD Homicide division for years, it is possible he still has connections to the department.

He might have connection to the department, but he doesn't appear to be convinced this was a suicide (at all). The abc15 article had to cut his quote (where he questioned why RN bound her feet) to make it appear that he thinks it's a suicide.

Then what in the world are all 15 detectives investigating then? Aren't they supposed to investigate whether this was a homicide?
:banghead:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think they are:

:back: :slapfight:

:denied: :detective: :eek:nline:

:Bennymonkey: :fence:

been waiting for you all day.......love your posts!!!

Pach, snipped respectfully.....

7.) why did the police not do a re-enactment of the scene ? that seems to imply they have enough confidence in their proof for either suicide or murder ??

I thought they did not do the re-enactment because they had their 'manner of death' with the autopsy report (homicide) and they were waiting on the tox reports to confirm the autopsy.........

but how long for those darn reports......Amy Winehouse's tox reports were back today..........

I think they want us to go away........sorry, not happening :seeya::seeya: still here.......

He might have connection to the department, but he doesn't appear to be convinced this was a suicide (at all). The abc15 article had to cut his quote (where he questioned why RN bound her feet) to make it appear that he thinks it's a suicide.
I agree, which was kind of my point, he has experience with the how of suicides and his first opinion was this didn't look like a suicide. NBC imo deliberately used only a portion of his original statement to bolster their article of suicide being determined in RN's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee