Found Safe Rebecca Tackett Hawks 41, Mount Airy, NC- Missing After Car Ran Out of Gas, 18 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if the doctors appointment was routine or for something serious? Could maybe explain why they don't suspect foul play. MOO
Check out this post from @Knox - it answered my questions and I think it will answer yours, too. Don’t forget to expand all of the comments and replies.

Post in thread 'Rebecca Tackett Hawks 41, Mount Airy, NC- Missing After Car Ran Out of Gas, 18 Jan 2023'
NC - Rebecca Tackett Hawks 41, Mount Airy, NC- Missing After Car Ran Out of Gas, 18 Jan 2023

Ohhhh, I gotcha… I see how I read that wrong there… the post was saying she was seen after she ran out of gas on Wednesday, and police released the photos of her being seen Wednesday, on Thursday… NOT that she had been seen Thursday. Thanks for clarifying!

Unfortunately though, that makes me even more concerned…

Do we know for sure if those photos released by the police are photos that were taken on Wednesday after she ran out of gas, or if they are just photos of her to get the word out? Because if they are supposed to be the photos that were actually taken on Wednesday, after her car ran out of gas, she’s smiling and one of them and doesn’t appear to be in any distress… ? Hmmm…
The photos were undoubtedly taken before she went missing and furnished to LE for circulation as is typical when a missing person's report is filed. Often times they come from the missing person's Facebook. If you put "Rebecca Hawks, missing" into your Facebook search bar you'll find the uncropped version of the photo on the right (flyer below). The photo on the left looks to me like a Driver's License photo. MOO

The AWARE Foundation, Inc. | Facebook
1674542160544.png

Last edited:
The photos were undoubtedly taken before she went missing and furnished to LE for circulation as is typical when a missing person's report is filed. Often times they come from the missing person's Facebook. If you put "Rebecca Hawks, missing" into your Facebook search bar you'll find the uncropped version of the photo on the right (flyer below). The photo on the left looks to me like a Driver's License photo. MOO

The AWARE Foundation, Inc. | Facebook
View attachment 397315
Got it, I wondered because it said the last thing that she was wearing was a black T-shirt and it looks like that’s what she is wearing in one of the pictures… the other photo was clearly from before the day she was missing. I’m worried about her medical health, it’s been going on six days now… Where is she?? She needs to be found NOW.

Last edited:
JAN 24, 2023
[...]

Rebecca Hawks' sisters say that they last heard from her on Wednesday when she said her car ran out of gas and needed someone to bring her some. When they got to her location, they found the keys still in the ignition but no Rebecca.

[...]

Hawks' sisters said they’re worried about her because she just had a procedure done where she needs to take medication.

Hawks' sisters said they did receive a text from another person’s phone who said this was Rebecca. When they asked for the person who claims to be Rebecca to call them, there was no response. Her sisters say they’re not sure if she ran away but are worried and just want to know that she’s safe.

[...]

Mount Airy Police Department is investigating at this time and don’t believe any foul play is suspected. They do believe she could be in another state.

[...]

I don’t like the sound of this…

I live in North Carolina, Mount Airy is quite historic… there are still a lot of very pretty parts there but crime has gone up quite a bit and some of it has gotten considerably rundown… which is a little ironic considering that the fictional town of Mayberry from the Andy Griffith show, was based on the town of Mount Airy, which back in the 60s, and as depicted on the show of course, was considered picturesque and quite safe… I mean, think about it, the only law enforcement in town on the show was Sheriff Griffith and his Deputy dimwit, Barney Fife… and yes, I realize that this is a TV show were talking about, but it was entirely based on the real, sleepy little southern town, and very much a reflection of how safe Mount Airy was considered to be at the time and common knowledge to most North Carolinians, IMO…

Sadly things have changed since then… I knew it had gone downhill some, but I just googled the crime statistics and didn’t expect them to be quite as bad as the results showed. Attaching screenshot, link to source is in screenshot at the bottom. www.neighborhoodscout.com and then put in Mount Airy, NC.

Rebecca looks like a sweet lady, prayers for her safe return, and more details/clarification from LE ASAP please! ♥️

View attachment 397299
Excellent post.
The news reporting that authorities say she is missing but no foul play is suspected. Do they believe she “disappeared” herself? I’m confused.

JAN 24, 2023
[...]

Her car was found with her belongings inside and the keys in the ignition, according to her husband of 24 years, MH.

Hawks told CBS 17 he is very concerned about his wife’s disappearance because she also left behind key medication for her diabetic condition.

Police brought in a K-9 team to search around where Hawks’ car was found. MH also said he along with her sister, brothers and uncle have been conducting searches since last week.

[...]

Did she have social media accounts? Has anyone looked at those? Had she made any remarks that would lead you to think she was a danger to herself?

Hawks, who has been listed with addresses in both Mount Airy and Pinnacle, is said to have vanished Wednesday in the area of Westlake Drive near Boggs Drive off U.S. 52-North in the vicinity of Westwood Recreation Park.

The car had run out of gas as Hawks was on the way to a doctor’s appointment, according to information released from one source. She was spotted after that occurred.

“At this point, we do not suspect any foul play,” city Police Chief Dale Watson said Monday, based on evidence gathered so far in the case.

Hawks, who has been listed with addresses in both Mount Airy and Pinnacle, is said to have vanished Wednesday in the area of Westlake Drive near Boggs Drive off U.S. 52-North in the vicinity of Westwood Recreation Park.

The car had run out of gas as Hawks was on the way to a doctor’s appointment, according to information released from one source. She was spotted after that occurred.

“At this point, we do not suspect any foul play,” city Police Chief Dale Watson said Monday, based on evidence gathered so far in the case.
Interesting website mentioned toward the end of the article, might be a good resource.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back