Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Greer bringing that mannequin in at closing arguments was a great thing for the jury to see. Not only could they see how low to the ground rebecca was hanging, and how the table wasn't needed to cut her down. But also, it shows that if adam had been standing on a table to cut her down, he would've been quite higher than her body. How would he have even been able to hold on to her? Think about if you stood on top of a table, and had a friend who is 5'2" stand on a chair next to you, this friends head would most likely come to your chest. So where did he grab onto when he was cutting her down, her head? it would be more plausible if he had said he grabbed a chair to stand on in my opinion.

It was a visual that made it very clear Adam was lying about the table. IMO

Interesting, but I don’t recall Rebecca writing in the third person in her journal writing.

I believe that Mary had mentioned in her updates on the , that Rebecca wrote in her Journals and letters to her parents in their own language of Zahau.
https://www..com/rydrn-justice-for-rebecca
"Jonah also chose to keep her journal and all letters from my father to Rebecca. Most of them are in my language, Zahau. Instead he gave that to the defense and they have tried to use it during depositions and trial to try and show Rebecca did not have good relationship with her parents"

I think that Greer bringing that mannequin in at closing arguments was a great thing for the jury to see. Not only could they see how low to the ground rebecca was hanging, and how the table wasn't needed to cut her down. But also, it shows that if adam had been standing on a table to cut her down, he would've been quite higher than her body. How would he have even been able to hold on to her? Think about if you stood on top of a table, and had a friend who is 5'2" stand on a chair next to you, this friends head would most likely come to your chest. So where did he grab onto when he was cutting her down, her head? it would be more plausible if he had said he grabbed a chair to stand on in my opinion.

Is there a YouTube or other link for those who haven't seen?

I believe that Mary had mentioned in her updates on the , that Rebecca wrote in her Journals and letters to her parents in their own language of Zahau.
"Jonah also chose to keep her journal and all letters from my father to Rebecca. Most of them are in my language, Zahau. Instead he gave that to the defense and they have tried to use it during depositions and trial to try and show Rebecca did not have good relationship with her parents"

I would think if Rebecca wrote in third person in her journal the defense would have used it as a connection to the message written on the door. I don’t recall the defense doing this.

All of this recent information reminds me of how much a problem it can be when LE keeps so much information from the public, especially when cases go cold.

The public needs to have faith and trust in law enforcement and the criminal justice system and this is not how you do it. These institutions are accountable to the public, period. Even now, when LE have all but given up on doing anything to solve this case, information is still leaking out that reveals how badly this case was handled.

Local news media coverage is also not good. How else is the public supposed to learn about these problems? If not for the civil suit (a very expensive process most victim's families can't afford) many of the facts in this case would stay hidden indefinitely.

I'm sure the McStay case will also shine light on the poor handling of that case, as well.

I'm sure the McStay case will also shine light on the poor handling of that case, as well.

Yes, especially since another LE (SBSO) concluded the family of four was bludgeoned and killed in the home - the same home where SDSD concluded there was no evidence of a crime.

Yes, especially since another LE (SBSO) concluded the family of four was bludgeoned and killed in the home - the same home where SDSD concluded there was no evidence of a crime.

There's just so much less paperwork when there's no crime, ya know?! Lol

Interesting, but I don’t recall Rebecca writing in the third person in her journal writing.

There is no question the influence parents have on shaping values and beliefs. I do not believe that if she was going to commit suicide, that she would do it in this manner and way.

To me that message is “third person” because it is.

so the gloves were found in a crawl space under the basement stairs...... does anyone know if there are any pictures of this? I am wondering if there was anything else in this crawl space or just the gloves?

also, according to this video, yesterday the jury had requested more information on some evidence from trial and the judge denied their request. I wonder if this was the gloves, underwear and red stained tissue? or a separate request?
http://www.cbs8.com/story/37859797/...ing-arguments-to-begin-in-wrongful-death-suit

so the gloves were found in a crawl space under the basement stairs...... does anyone know if there are any pictures of this? I am wondering if there was anything else in this crawl space or just the gloves?

also, according to this video, yesterday the jury had requested more information on some evidence from trial and the judge denied their request. I wonder if this was the gloves, underwear and red stained tissue? or a separate request?
http://www.cbs8.com/story/37859797/...ing-arguments-to-begin-in-wrongful-death-suit

Same request, yes. Judge said all the information that was available is in evidence, or something to that effect. Basically, there isn't more to offer regarding those items.

There is no question the influence parents have on shaping values and beliefs. I do not believe that if she was going to commit suicide, that she would do it in this manner and way.

To me that message is “third person” because it is.

Agreed, She was apparently someone who was known to write her feelings down,and to write letters to her family and friends. I really think that this shows that she would have most likely written letters of goodbye to her loved ones. all my opinion

If I was on the jury and after the verdict would happen to come here to Websleuths and read this and every other deplorable thing done to Rebecca's memory and to this family that JS enabled, I would be dumbstruck with the lack of humanity and general decency of the man. Adding that much of it was sanctioned by SDSO. It is beyond disgraceful.

I'm not sure that the article quoted describes an equivalence to the pronoun usage seen in the door message Harmony2. The third person pronoun usage is specifically either "your servant" or "aunt" or "daughter" (depending on who is being addressed), putting the person speaking in relative terms to the addressee. Whereas "her" in the door message is not identifying any status (lower or equal), and "you" is not identifying any addressee status (higher or equal).

What interests me more about the message is the psychology behind a scrawl on the wall. Whether that delivery and display (urge?) speaks equally to a murder scene (angry or cold) or a suicide scene (despair and lost hope). How often if at all do people who commit suicide paint messages on the walls? I know it is sometimes a feature of murder scenes.

I’m surprised she didn’t write the message on the door in her native language then.

I could see the message being a suicide taunt if you replace “she/her” with “I” and “me” “I saved him. Can you save me?” But, probably not realistic. I’m not sure why you would taunt someone with your own suicide as if it were some kind of game.

I have been pondering the fact that the jury are seeking more evidence for DNA. Personally, my gut feeling is that it does not bode well for the plaintiff.

I believe we are in an age where DNA appears to be the only incriminating evidence juries seem to feel they can consider as evidence of guilt, or even evidence of involvement.

Personally I feel very strongly the evidence I have seen presented is enough to indicate AS is liable, when combined with good old common sense...

...so perhaps it’s just ‘jury jitters’?

I’ve never wanted so hard to be wrong, and I’m genuinely hoping this jury restores my faith in the justice system, because what has been shown at trial regarding the police investigation certainly hasn’t.

How does everyone else interpret the jury question? Am I reading too much into it?

Just my opinion...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been pondering the fact that the jury are seeking more evidence for DNA. Personally, my gut feeling is that it does not bode well for the plaintiff.

I believe we are in an age where DNA appears to be the only incriminating evidence juries seem to feel they can consider as evidence of guilt, or even evidence of involvement.

Personally I feel very strongly the evidence I have seen presented is enough to indicate AS is liable, when combined with good old common sense...

...so perhaps it’s just ‘jury jitters’?

I’ve never wanted so hard to be wrong, and I’m genuinely hoping this jury restores my faith in the justice system, because what has been shown at trial regarding the police investigation certainly hasn’t.

How does everyone else interpret the jury question? Am I reading too much into it?

Just my opinion...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. We also have to remember that it’s likely that many of the jurors likely do not follow crime cases, don’t have experience or education in the crime area, and likely will be basing decisions off of the presented evidence only. What may be common sense to us may not be for people not interested in crime cases.

The message on the door is something you would read about in a murder mystery. "She saved him can you save her?" -- I interpret this as being a challenge and a taunt. If Adam originally staged this to look like a murder and later changed his mind after realizing a suicide made more sense, this is the murderers challenge to whomever finds her.

It can also be a message to Rebecca herself, in a sarcastic and taunting way "She saved him" Rebecca saved max (but like Jonah said on the stand, not really) , "Can you save her?" Tell Rebecca, "Lets see if you are any better at saving yourself" But I don't know why he would put "She" and then "You".

In my opinion, the first scenario is more believable.

If I was on the jury and after the verdict would happen to come here to Websleuths and read this and every other deplorable thing done to Rebecca's memory and to this family that JS enabled, I would be dumbstruck with the lack of humanity and general decency of the man. Adding that much of it was sanctioned by SDSO. It is beyond disgraceful.

yes it is beyond disgraceful- as are the actions of the SDSO

The message on the door is something you would read about in a murder mystery. "She saved him can you save her?" -- I interpret this as being a challenge and a taunt. If Adam originally staged this to look like a murder and later changed his mind after realizing a suicide made more sense, this is the murderers challenge to whomever finds her.

It can also be a message to Rebecca herself, in a sarcastic and taunting way "She saved him" Rebecca saved max (but like Jonah said on the stand, not really) , "Can you save her?" Tell Rebecca, "Lets see if you are any better at saving yourself" But I don't know why he would put "She" and then "You".

In my opinion, the first scenario is more believable.

I agree with your first scenario. Could have painted it when the murder happened, decided to frame it as suicide after the fact, paint was already on the wall so he left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL