Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of Webbs closing argument today.

Thank you for reminding me!

Greer brought up the changing theories first, though. I too thought, boy, does this sound familiar.

I think his strategy was to bring the changing theories up first and offer what IMO was a reasonable explanation before the defense could make it look nefarious.

I listened to most of today. Admittedly I missed some parts (like the mannequin, dang it). Frankly, I could barely follow Webb. I don't even think that is my bias showing. I almost felt sorry for him. He was all over the place. It seemed obvious that he didn't know where to hang his hat.

I think the table aspect is daunting to explain but is icing on the cake. To me, looking at that picture again, it is so obvious she either wasn't hanging a long time, or she was never hanging. Look at her knees and legs! They aren't touching! You put someone on their side, their legs would be together. In the photo, they obviously aren't touching. Tablegate is one thing. Couple that with the position of the body and we see that things didn't go down as Adam said.

Mr. Greer did an amazing job poking holes and showing Adams "untruths". Mr. Webb just couldn't answer back.

Agree with your entire post. I found Webb to seem like he was flustered, even stuttering at times......there was one point where greer objected to the same question about 3 different times and Webb was trying desperately to figure out a way to re-word the question. I didn't know it at the time, because I wasn't aware of the mannequin demonstration at the time, but now I think that perhaps Webb was caught off guard and didn't know how to put a spin on what greer had just done....I have a feeling the rest of his closing tomorrow will be very interesting. I think he lucked out that he ran out of time today. All my opinions.

Was this mentioned in court? Nothing wrong with seeing a psychiatrist. I had just never heard this before.

Greer mentioned it in his statements today, IIRC.

Edited: IIRC he said it was for treatment of panic attacks.

The distance RZ was from the ground means that the rope was about 7.5 feet up in the air. Not exactly eye level. Holding onto the body would also decrease your reach. If it was relevant to the Plaintiff's case they would likely have introduced more evidence. Or how about, he came across the body, didn't take time to measure the distance as compared to his reach and got the table. If he tried to cut her down and then needed something to step on this would be a longer delay in actually cutting her down. There are plenty of logical explanations that IMO are more believable than what would amount to a pointless lie.

BBM for focus.

Logical explanations there may be, but this isn't one of them IMO.

Most people are well aware of how high they can reach IMO.

Portions of the closing arguments from Monday April 2, 2018.

Keith Greer – part one:
[video=youtu;bJ3UqKMkzVc]http://youtu.be/bJ3UqKMkzVc[/video]

Keith Greer – part two:
[video=youtu;Kd4EJuZ-iw4]http://youtu.be/Kd4EJuZ-iw4[/video]

Dan Webb
[video=youtu;DXlYBv240mM]http://youtu.be/DXlYBv240mM[/video]

The demonstration with the mannequin was so emotional, I can't imagine how Mary and her mother sat through that. The truly sad part is that in trial it was brought up that Rebecca had encourage Adam to come to San Diego. She picked up NR from airport. She obviously wanted and saw the importance of DS and JS of having a support system around them consisting of their loved ones. She was obviously trying so desperately to help and ease burdens for them. At the end it looks like she was betrayed and punished for her thoughtfulness, and it makes you wonder, we probably wouldn't be posting here right now at this very moment if only she hadn't have encouraged Adam to come to San Diego.
All my very sad opinions

Brit, the only person who has said that RZ encouraged AS to come to SD ...is from AS... no one else.

You need to decide if what he says is credible, believable in light of the other testimony and the inconsistencies in his statements you have heard.

AS also testified that ZR told him that if he wants to come to SD, he needs to ‘follow his heart’... IMO that is what you say to someone when they choose their own path, not the one that you are recommending they take...think about when may you say this in your own interactions and experiences..

Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And how to LE investigators he said he had loosened the ropes to check for a pulse, and said the opposite in testimony. He also said something in testimony while he was being questioned by greer about the discrepency like "that was my recollection then and this is my recollection now". MOO

Think about this process..

Imagine you find a child tangled in the cable of a window blind ( God forbid you ever do)..but what would you do?

My first instinct would be to try to release whatever was around the neck to allow them to breathe....

...or would you go to their wrist to try to take a pulse?

just my opinion...

Brit, the only person who has said that RZ encouraged AS to come to SD ...is from AS... no one else.

You need to decide if what he says is credible, believable in light of the other testimony and the inconsistencies in his statements you have heard.

AS also testified that ZR told him that if he wants to come to SD, he needs to ‘follow his heart’... IMO that is what you say to someone when they choose their own path, not the one that you are recommending they take...think about when may you say this in your own interactions and experiences..

Just my opinion....

Thank you. This case has gone on for so long and so many things have been said that it's very difficult to separate who said what and what the sources are and whether those sources are credible.

We need a fact checker for this case alone!

What time does court begin tomorrow?

I understand it’s 9.15am

Mr Webb to complete his argument, then Mr Greer and hopefully jury deliberations begin after lunch

I understand it’s 9.15am

Mr Webb to complete his argument, then Mr Greer and hopefully jury deliberations begin after lunch

The judge will have to give instructions to the jury as well. I have seen a few cases in which this took a lonnnnng time. I hope the jury gets to start deliberating tomorrow. Having been on a couple of juries myself, I found the most unbearable part was not being able to talk about it until deliberations. My guess is those jurors are chomping at the bit to finally be able to talk.

Yes, we're aware of that

cache.php

ETA: Adam's problem is that Mr. Greer demonstrated today that Adam was lying when he told the 911 operator that he had to climb on the table to cut her down. He pretended to move the table over and climb upon it to cut her down when she was actually hanging close enough to the ground that the table wasn't necessary. She was probably already lying on the grass when he called 911.

I’m with you Betty P... and I agree this is extraordinarily powerful evidence of deceit.

I listened to most of today. Admittedly I missed some parts (like the mannequin, dang it). Frankly, I could barely follow Webb. I don't even think that is my bias showing. I almost felt sorry for him. He was all over the place. It seemed obvious that he didn't know where to hang his hat.

I think the table aspect is daunting to explain but is icing on the cake. To me, looking at that picture again, it is so obvious she either wasn't hanging a long time, or she was never hanging. Look at her knees and legs! They aren't touching! You put someone on their side, their legs would be together. In the photo, they obviously aren't touching. Tablegate is one thing. Couple that with the position of the body and we see that things didn't go down as Adam said.

Mr. Greer did an amazing job poking holes and showing Adams "untruths". Mr. Webb just couldn't answer back.

‘Tablegate’

Absolutely brilliant.

Brit
“I found Webb to seem like he was flustered, even stuttering at times......there was one point where greer objected to the same question about 3 different times and Webb was trying desperately to figure out a way to re-word the question.”

BBM Sincerely trying to listen, understand, comprehend, ANYTHING anyone can communicate that I will comprehend, to try to explain this awful travesty, that we were introduced to in 2011.

I Have read EVERYTHING.

I understand people get blind sighted by darkness when they least expect it - every day.

IMO Character kicks in.

Nothing, in 7 years, has helped me understand how this possibly could NOT be murder.

At long last, we now get to hear from the numerous, high priced lawyers, oops, attorneys, and we get this?

Prayers to the Family and their Advocates.

And Us All.

Looking at the crime scene photos again today, I ask again: has there ever been any explanation for why the balcony doors were closed?

Did Rebecca turn around and close them mid-air as she leapt over the balcony railing?

Anyone? Bueller?

The fact that it was written and paint found only on RZ's body is compelling evidence which points to RZ as the painter.

Except Adam admitted to taking two showers in the time frame in question. Not gonna find paint on him, that's for sure.

LE was interested in facts, not opinions. JS had to be investigated and ruled out as a suspect. And LE did just that. They may have spoken to RZ's sister sooner if she had not left town.

Oh, yeah, because they hadn't heard of long distance phone calls? What would her leaving town have to do with interviewing her in a timely fashion?

I'm way back in the 200s range of posts on this thread but at this point all the back and forth is so tiresome because it's been the same all along.

People who insist she committed suicide always say that the SDSO said so and therefore it is fact, and the lawsuits will never get anywhere.

It used to be the lawsuit won't get past this date, oh, now it's this date, oh now it's this even later date and now we're in the actual trial phase and it's "he won't be found guilty."

Next, it'll be "oh this will be overturned on appeal".

The ones who claim murder is the wrong theory keep being proved wrong.

The point is that anyone familiar with using acrylic paints knows that you can’t use the paint right out of the tube. It will be dry and clumpy and very difficult to paint with. Someone familiar with acrylics as RZ was knows that you need some type of palette to spread the paint on, work it thru with a paint brush, and even then most times you need to work bits of water in to the paint to make the consistency spreadable. This is second nature to anyone who works with acrylics. In fact, by doing this it makes painting on a dry surface much more efficient and quicker. Painting directly from the tube is tedious and will never spread well, especially on a completely dry surface. And RZ would’ve known this being that she was a painter. If RZ had painted this message I would think she would want to do it the quickest most efficient way possible. And this way just would be the quickest way to do it.
You are right Adam has never been accused of being a painter. Whoever painted that message had no knowledge of how acrylics works efficiently, and obviously Adam has not shown that he was ever knowledgeable about painting.

That message was painted by someone who was not experienced with painting with acrylic paint. All my opinions, but I am someone that is extremely experienced with painting.

Of course, Adam the Tugboat Captain denies he is familiar with nautical knots. So even if he was questioned about his familiarity with acrylic paints, he'd lie.

Adam taking Ambian that night is not a component of the Civil case.

It will probably become a factor if he is found guilty. The theory will be that he had taken an Ambien and has no recollection of his actions that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL