Regroup/Refocus for 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to give everyone an update on where Anna's pathtag is currently promised. Even though I have not received the tags from production yet, people are already requesting to trade. Currently, we have 25 that will be going to Greece to be placed in caches there, but here is a list of places where they have requested one of Anna's tags and have sent their tag as a trade and I have them here in a collection already.

1 from Cannan Hill Australia
1 from Lafayette Indiana
1 from Fort Worth Texas
1 from Springfield Massachusetts
1 from Mountain Wisconsin
1 from Nashville Tennessee
1 from Richmond Virginia
1 from Cincinatti Ohio
And 1 from Spain.

We also have several requests waiting. I will update again as more arrive and once I receive Anna's tags and start to actually send them.

You don't need to find a way to share it, just the ok. It is easy to right click copy and save your avatar and then upload ourselves to use as an avatar here.

thank you!
Perfectly OK with me if ProudGran doesn't mind for anybody who wants it to copy. BTW, how do you add tags? I don't see that option on my screen.

Perfectly OK with me if ProudGran doesn't mind for anybody who wants it to copy. BTW, how do you add tags? I don't see that option on my screen.

I would be happy to have anyone use this image. This is Anna's image, not mine. I will try to get a better image when the final pathtags are here and I can maybe scan the image from the pathtag.

At the bottom of each page in a thread you will see the option to reply along with the number of pages in the thread. Just below that is a box with options to bookmark. Just below the bookmark area is another box which reads 'tags'. On the far right top corner you will see 'edit tags'. Click on edit tags and you can add words to tag the thread. When people use search words, these tag words come up in the search engines.

Let me know if you find it ok.

At the bottom of each page in a thread you will see the option to reply along with the number of pages in the thread. Just below that is a box with options to bookmark. Just below the bookmark area is another box which reads 'tags'. On the far right top corner you will see 'edit tags'. Click on edit tags and you can add words to tag the thread. When people use search words, these tag words come up in the search engines.

Let me know if you find it ok.
Found it! It doesn't come up until after you post. Thank you, C.

3 more requests for Anna's pathtags today. One will go to Coraopolis, PA, one to Philadelphia, PA, and one will go to Loxton SA Australia.

I am still anxiously waiting for Anna's pathtags to arrive. Since I last posted, we have received 4 more tags from various places where we will be sending Anna's tags as soon as they arrive.

1. Willis, TX
2. Edwardstown, SA Australia
3. Dayton, PA
4. Littleton NH

Wow, Robin, that is an awesome idea! I have never done geocaching but am very interested in it. I used to go to the geocaching website and read about the different caches in my area. Just need to buy a GPS - this has given me incentive!

And what a lovely coin, with the picture drawn by Anna on it! I love it! :)

Wow, Robin, that is an awesome idea! I have never done geocaching but am very interested in it. I used to go to the geocaching website and read about the different caches in my area. Just need to buy a GPS - this has given me incentive!

And what a lovely coin, with the picture drawn by Anna on it! I love it! :)

Thank you Gina. Annasmom and I are both really excited to see the real coin. I do not believe that the picture does it justice.
Geocaching is really quite fun and offers a choice of hiking, walking, biking, and sometimes, just driving to find the cache. My 2 oldest grandchildren love to cache, they are ages 3 & 5. I would have given most anything to have a treasure hunt like this when I was a kid, what great fun!!! Please let me know when you decide to start, and I will make sure that you have a few of Anna's pathtags to place in caches.

I received an email today that the first shipment of pathtags has been sent!!! :dance: These will start traveling around the world by the end of the week.

2 more requests have been made for Anna's tags and will be filled. One will go to Germany and the other will go to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

If you have any ideas on where it would be best to send these tags, please share your ideas so that we can get them to areas where we think Anna may be. I will do my best to get tags to the places you suggest.

Hi Guys...

Trying to keep the forum 'cleaned' up and in the right direction, things posted in the right threads etc..... It's occured to me when other forums have been opened (newer forums such as Caylee Anthony, Susan Powell etc. ) with multiple threads the general dicussion threads are discontinued upon the opening of the individual forum.

I'm thinking its the right time to lock the searching for anna part 4 thread as it is a general discussion thread. As new avenues open, or we review things which may have been missed such as we have in the regroup refocus thread, they should be put in the appropriately titled thread or a new thread started to discuss that avenue of research.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

LEt's start a FOIA request info thread.... having it's own thread might attract WS'rs who can answer our questions and offer some direction better than having it buried here.
I didn't mean to point out your post Bern. :blowkiss:
The general discussion threads have been phased out when newer forums have been opened and it makes things easier to follow... so I thought I would do that here too.

eta: that didn't look right reading the GD discussion threads, whoops! ;)

Since we are refocusing and looking at new ways to get information, has anyone contacted the Italian Consulate? I am willing to dig or write or call about just about anything if I have a direction to go in.

I don't think anyone has done that Bern, at least not that I recall. Excellent idea! (post though regarding doing so either in the BFH thread, or Kidnapping theory with GW and GB thread ok.. I think it would fit best there! thanks! )

Let me see what I can come up with and I will keep you Posted. No pun intended.....:innocent:

Trying to keep the forum 'cleaned' up and in the right direction, things posted in the right threads etc..... It's occured to me when other forums have been opened (newer forums such as Caylee Anthony, Susan Powell etc. ) with multiple threads the general dicussion threads are discontinued upon the opening of the individual forum.

I'm thinking its the right time to lock the searching for anna part 4 thread as it is a general discussion thread. As new avenues open, or we review things which may have been missed such as we have in the regroup refocus thread, they should be put in the appropriately titled thread or a new thread started to discuss that avenue of research...

When we first started Anna's thread, I set it up with a "Searching for Anna" general thread and then specific threads for the various theories behind her disappearance. This allowed for some control of which direction the investigations would go, keeping it focused on the most likely scenarios. The general thread was used to allow discussion and investigation to ideas that were not (yet) worthy of their own thread.

We got "out of whack" during the final days of waiting for the DNA results for "C" - the excitement then caused many threads to be created and everything has been a bit jumbled since.

My suggestions:

* Combine all "Mystery Woman C" threads into one thread, then lock.

* Combine "Wild Man in the Shack" and "House of Affirmation" threads into the original "Stranger Abduction" thread and leave open.

* Combine "Question for Annasmom" into "Searching for Anna" thread and leave open.

* Combine "Actress Anna Waters" thread into "Possible Matches" thread and leave open.

There are probably more "clean-ups", but those immediately come to mind.

Great idea's doogie. I will do the combining... however, since we have an entire forum here, there is no longer a reason for a general discussion thread to decide whether or not a topic is 'worthy' of having it's own thread. That's the reason why WS opens a forum vs just leaving threads part 1,2,3 .... When general discussion threads are left open too much which belongs elsewhere ends up in the general discussion thread and things become too hard to find.. With half a conversation/topic in the GD thread and then some in the appropriate individual subject thread.

If a new thread is started which belongs in another thread, I can merge it into the appropriate thread..... Or some avenues which branch off and don't get a lot of research - for whatever reason, as other viable avenues take precedence - will just make there way to the bottom of forum and possibly researched another time...... It will still make things easier to find.

thanks!

I did some of the 'spring cleaning' Dr. Doogie suggested.

Dr Doogie, I have one more question for you. The Jack Clifton Sharp... thread. I am thinking that should be merged into the Santa Clara girl abducted thread since they both discuss abductions of girls Annas age about that time Anna went missing. Could you please let me know?

thanks!

ETA: I merged them.... the more I looked, the more I thought they belonged in a single thread.

I think I have done as much 'spring cleaning' and organizing this forum as best I can. If anyone notices something that they think needs to be moved or merged, please let me know.

Hopefully now that things have been moved, merged, and new threads open, it will make the forum much easier to follow......

Thank you for your continued interest and support while Searching for Anna!

I've moved some posts that belonged in a general discussion thread to the part 4 GD thread.... so if the date the thread was started looks off, posts are moved and keep there original date, not the date they were moved.

Still trying to do some spring cleaning in the sticky forum. No posts will be deleted (unless absolutely necessary per TOS). but I am trying to get the sticky threads relevent and cleaned up as I have time.

Some of the GD and merged threads; there were simply too many hundreds of posts to move around so I just merged as appropriate and opened new threads where appropriate.

SOME not all have moved redirect messages. Some will remain permanet redirect message indicating the thread was moved. Others which haven't been active for a long time have a clock and are set to expire the redirect message indicating they've been moved. If you would like to see which are moved before the redirect messages expire, please see page two of this forum.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member