Relationships with family after being released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Damien has made one phone call to his family, and then he changed his number. Though I believe they are guilty I felt sorry for Pam Sitting in a wheel chair waiting for her son to give her a hug. Which she did not get, she did not even get invited to the party.

About a year ago Pam and Michele started a blog, someone asked Michele when was the last time you seen Damien, Michele replied that the last time she went to the prison someone else's name was on the register as sister and she was not allowed to see Damien.

I have no respect for Damien Echols, Family should come first.

Respectfully, I don't agree with Family comes First. I do feel Family should come First -- but this is Damien's life to live, and since he spent so much precious life incarcerated, I think he has earned his "right" to do what he feels is in his best interest. IMHO of course.

From the limited amount of history I've read about Damien's up bringing, I don't know if I'd have a relationship with his mother. But again, that's me. :innocent::innocent:

funny how damien's family kept their mouths shut, never publicly supporting him until he is released and there is a pending movie deal.
it took strangers to look into this case, to support him all these years, to do what pam couldn't be bothered to do.
trust me, if that was my child on death row, i'd be making some noise!
just because someone gives birth to a child does not automatically make one a decent mother or deserving of unconditional love. she certainly never gave that to him.

From what Damien wrote in Almost Home, it doesn't appear that his relationship with his mother was stellar back in 1993. However, I hope that everyone will allow the extended family to heal. Let Damien and Lori establish whatever relationship with Damien's mother and sister that they wish to - without speculation or interference.

One thing I know, however, both Damien's mother and his sister tried to maintain a relationship with Damien while he was incarcerated. It was at his request (an attempt to allow them more or less normal lives) that they were not too vocal in the ongoing efforts at release and didn't visit him very often. It stands to reason that, now that they are released, Damien's mother and sister will "surface" again. I don't think that they ever abandoned him, and I don't think it's about the movie or the money. His sister established a Facebook page about the time of the release IIRC.

I'm not saying that Pam was "Mother of the Year" or anything like that. I'm just saying that we might not know everything about this situation. Please let them have some privacy. I know from some of the things posted on Facebook that a lot of the speculation about the relationships that is going on here and on other sites is hurtful to those involved.

I don't see why he should be spared speculation etc. he is no different than any other child killer we discuss on this forum. I could not care less about his feelings. He brutally murdered three little boys. He is disgusting.

The innocence of the three men who spent over eighteen years in prison for another man's crime will be proven. Then, hopefully, all of those who have been critical of these three innocents will choke on their words.

Has anyone heard anything wrt Jason? I know he's now in Seattle, but is he attending college?

Has anyone heard anything wrt Jason? I know he's now in Seattle, but is he attending college?

Right now, AFAIK, he's working and saving money. It is my understanding that he wants to pay for it himself. The sad part is that, unless he is exonerated, he will not be able to become an attorney. That's just another reason for us to fight for exoneration!

Right now, AFAIK, he's working and saving money. It is my understanding that he wants to pay for it himself. The sad part is that, unless he is exonerated, he will not be able to become an attorney. That's just another reason for us to fight for exoneration!

Well, I'm in it to the bitter end, but whatever Jason is dealt, I have a feeling he'll lead a purpose driven life. :)

Remarkable that he wants to pay for his own education, imo. Sort of makes me second guess my own moral standards, though. I don't know if I could be be that high minded given the same circumstances. His mama must be proud indeed.

He posted on his FB page (not sure I am allowed to link it but it is easy to find) that he started college classes earlier this month.

A scholarship from Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation is paying for his school.

~snip~

Responses like that are part of what's pushing Baldwin to the next phase of his life: community college. One of the first things he did in prison as a teenager was earn his GED, and through funds donated by WM3 supporters, he "got a little bit of a college" via Arkansas State University. Now, through a full scholarship from Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation, he'll work toward his associate's degree, and, he hopes, one day achieve his goal of becoming a law professor.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2012-03-21/news/jason-baldwin-way-west-of-memphis/2/

I just love love love Jason!!! I know he's going to make it ! We'll hear great things from him in the future !!!

Can you cite a source stating JB can't become an attorney unless he is exonerated?

I could not find anything stating that. All I could find was with his conviction the bar admission committee would do an investigation and then either approve or deny his entrance to the bar.

Can you cite a source stating JB can't become an attorney unless he is exonerated?

I could not find anything stating that. All I could find was with his conviction the bar admission committee would do an investigation and then either approve or deny his entrance to the bar.

I'd heard that Jason said that. However, on another board, one attorney said that he could become an attorney with a felony conviction with approval like you said, but that was in Arkansas. I don't know where he would be taking the bar exam (what state). Each state would have different restrictions. I'm assuming that WA prohibits a convicted felon from being an attorney. However, I don't know for sure. Hopefully, I'm wrong!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back