Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched one of the kare11 videos and was surprised to hear there is a statute of limitations for the first victim he allegedly abducted and sexually assaulted. Hopefully some laws can be changed as the result of this.

I think that sadly we all believed this would be the outcome. It's not a relief at all to know but I hope somehow it relieves the agony of wondering if your child is somewhere being tortured still.

Rest in peace dear Jacob. My thoughts and prayers with the wetterling family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched one of the kare11 videos and was surprised to hear there is a statute of limitations for the first victim he allegedly abducted and sexually assaulted. Hopefully some laws can be changed as the result of this.

Yes. The law changed. But as you know, you cannot prosecute an old case under a new law

Yesterday at the beach I picked up a crime book to read and low and behold a few pages in it becomes about sleuthers and they mentioned Websleuths by name. Made me wonder what was going on here and then I saw the news about JW and had to come and see what was happening.
I've missed this place. :)

Usually doesn't mean always. There are other cases where a kidnapped child was found after many years. For example, Steven Stayner who was kidnapped at 7 and escaped at 14. Obviously it's not the case here, but until the body is found, how is one going to know?

The case of Shawn Hornbeck reminded me so much of Jacob Wetterling's disappearance. Shawn was abducted while riding his bike on a country road in Missouri in 2002. Though the odds were small, Shawn was found alive FOUR years after being kidnapped and held by Michael Devlin.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_459d9974-1a33-11e3-aca6-001a4bcf887a.html

I am so sorry for the Wetterlings loss and devastation. May Jacob RIP.

Lost indie- they found the clothes he was abducted in. He probably wasn't alive too long 😔

When I read the news of Jacob being found, I couldn't believe it. So many mixed emotions it's nearly impossible to figure out how I feel. I never followed his case the way many others have but this boy has been on my mind off and on for the last 26 years with no answers. Now that we have some, it feels kind of surreal. My heart goes out to the Wetterling family. :(

As for other victims? Nineteen binders full of images and files from his computer. Every single one of those children in those images is another victim of this vile monster (and a victim of others as well). Who are those children? Local kids? Images printed from online? Have the police identified those kids? (I don't know if that's ever been disclosed). It's a bit overwhelming to think about.

I feel like you could have written it, Human. Bless your kind, generous, loving heart.

That is so kind. I could not write it but it sure is the way I feel

I wonder what evidence they used to arrest him on this in the first place before releasing him and watching him. They had to have something on him. And with all this, how could any county nearby just forget about DNA evidence they had from any abduction and not test and run it??

"Heinrich, 53, of Annandale, denied any involvement in the abduction, and was not charged with that crime. But he has pleaded not guilty to 25 federal child *advertiser censored* charges and is scheduled to go on trial on those counts in October.

The FBI has said previously that Heinrich matched the general description of a man who assaulted several boys in Paynesville from 1986 to 1988. Earlier this year, Heinrich's DNA was found on the sweatshirt of a 12-year-old boy who was kidnapped from Cold Spring and sexually assaulted just nine months before Jacob's abduction.

Heinrich was questioned by authorities shortly after Jacob's disappearance, but he denied involvement. Court documents say his shoes and car tires were "consistent" with tracks left near the site of Jacob's abduction, but couldn't be ruled an exact match. Authorities also searched the home where Heinrich lived with his father at the time and found scanners, camouflage clothing and a picture of a boy wearing underwear."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/remains-of-minnesota-boy-missing-since-1989-found-1.3057733

I pray this brings closure to Jacobs family. May they find peace. There is now an answer and no longer a lingering mystery. Jacob is gone, but he has left a legacy that impacts laws nationwide and brings awareness worldwide about missing, abducted and endangered children.

I pray this brings closure to Jacobs family. May they find peace. There is now an answer and no longer a lingering mystery. Jacob is gone, but he has left a legacy that impacts laws nationwide and brings awareness worldwide about missing, abducted and endangered children.

They talked about and teach ways of loving your children .

Offenders could stop their sexually violent behavior on their own if they wanted to.

False. Wanting to change is usually not enough to be able to change the patterns that lead to sexual offenses. To create the motivation to change, some offenders need a variety of treatment and corrective interventions, and for others learning how to make the change in their own behavioral cycle of abuse is more effective.
http://meganslaw.ca.gov/facts.htm

Oh do I ever agree with this! The facts are that this is so true it's borne out again and again. Well into their 80s, these types continue to offend over and over again.

No, as for this guy there is absolutely no way I'm believing this was it for him. It might have been it in that area but if I was working this case I would want to know ANYWHERE that this man had connections in childhood, former friends and hangouts where he spent any length of time.

I was a young man when all this started and he was out of control. OUT of control. There is so much to be learned from this case. But I would start with a detailed accounting of his whereabouts for his whole life.

The thing here is that he is VERY age specific in choosing his victims. Right down to actually asking them how old they are and picking among the boys in preference.

If I were LE I'd be looking at every cold case in nine states around there where a boy specifically that age has gone missing. This was a big, powerful man in his day, looks like he still is. This whole thing is just amazing.

(And he fits the geographic profiling perfectly). So much to learn. It's the only good that will ever come out of this.

"Heinrich, 53, of Annandale, denied any involvement in the abduction, and was not charged with that crime. But he has pleaded not guilty to 25 federal child *advertiser censored* charges and is scheduled to go on trial on those counts in October.

The FBI has said previously that Heinrich matched the general description of a man who assaulted several boys in Paynesville from 1986 to 1988. Earlier this year, Heinrich's DNA was found on the sweatshirt of a 12-year-old boy who was kidnapped from Cold Spring and sexually assaulted just nine months before Jacob's abduction.

Heinrich was questioned by authorities shortly after Jacob's disappearance, but he denied involvement. Court documents say his shoes and car tires were "consistent" with tracks left near the site of Jacob's abduction, but couldn't be ruled an exact match. Authorities also searched the home where Heinrich lived with his father at the time and found scanners, camouflage clothing and a picture of a boy wearing underwear."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/remains-of-minnesota-boy-missing-since-1989-found-1.3057733

(BBM)

Ironic isn't it that he goes on trial for those charges in October?

I get what your saying but it's nearly 27 years too late and every second of every day during this time the Wetterlings have been enduring living hell. Not knowing if their child and brother is dead or alive. I hope he isn't getting satisfaction from people now knowing he is responsible I'm suspicious of his motives.

Is it possible they found other undisclosed to the public evidence of Jacob on Heinrich's property where he lived at the time, or his family's property? If so, they could have used that to get him to fess up. I'm just trying to understand because as you say, I seriously doubt he did it out of the goodness of his heart. jmo

As for other victims? Nineteen binders full of images and files from his computer. Every single one of those children in those images is another victim of this vile monster (and a victim of others as well). Who are those children? Local kids? Images printed from online? Have the police identified those kids? (I don't know if that's ever been disclosed). It's a bit overwhelming to think about.

In fact, many images shared by these monsters are not of abused children. They will get photos of kids from any source, including social media. http://www.smh.com.au/national/mill...ploitation-sharing-sites-20150929-gjxe55.html

Just seeing the news...

He must have been so terrified, poor little guy. To have died at the hands of this monster, that this was the last face he saw, unspeakable things...there are just no words. My thoughts are with Jacob and his family.

:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member