Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. As a parent, Inwoild want to know my child's last moments, horrific as they may be,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Sheilabarber, You have said it all. I would desperately need not only this but to have a proper burial for my son. So difficult to say but it is coming
from my heart, just like your message. Sending prayers of love and comfort to Jacob's family.

one thing i can take from this case is, that without the FBI this case would of still remain unsolved. Many of these smaller jurisdictions do no have the resources to solve these type of crimes.
DNA was taken from Daniel Heinrich back in 1990 and it takes 26 years for a link to be made the kidnapping that happen just months before Wetterling's dissappearance. If it was not for the huge media coverage and FBI intervention I doubt this crime would of been ever solved.

5 out of 4 people do not understand statistics.

THANKS for your humorous post about statistics!! My own opinion is that people use statistics not necessarily to prove that a supposition is correct; they use statistics to prove that THEY are correct. And, after the fact, they can cite "statistics" to prove their theory about a case.

Your post reminded me of a joke I heard years ago: “There are three types of people in this world: Those who are good at math and those who aren’t.”

Yes, I say put them all together there. However; it's a one way ticket. Once you enter there you cannot come back out again. Period. ZERO TOLERANCE for child assault or *advertiser censored*. ZERO.

This! I feel like this is a line that once crossed, can never be uncrossed. I do think we need to work on developing a clear cut standard of what earns you this, but I totally agree, grown adults abusing young children have no place in our society and once they act on their urges, I have zero desire to risk them ever harming anyone every again.

Is it really a good idea to have all the pedophiles together though? I can see that going sideways in half a second, with them getting off on each other's crimes, etc.

I worry about this too and I'm sure it happens. But I think the, uh, crowd-sourcing danger is worse online than it could be in prison. Predators brainstorming and cooperating with each other (to the degree that they're psychologically capable of the human relationships required to do so) has got to be a growing Internet age problem. It's chilling.

That being said, Heinrich himself seems unsophisticated. His child *advertiser censored* (vomit) is analog. He's stayed in that little town, as opposed to moving somewhere else to anonymously find new victims. So I don't think he's hyper-mobile or super-functional. But yes, these other cases need to be looked into.

THANKS for your humorous post about statistics!! My own opinion is that people use statistics not necessarily to prove that a supposition is correct; they use statistics to prove that THEY are correct. And, after the fact, they can cite "statistics" to prove their theory about a case.

Your post reminded me of a joke I heard years ago: “There are three types of people in this world: Those who are good at math and those who aren’t.”

From my Statistics 101 class Professor many years ago...

Pick your population, gather your data, manipulate it to suit the outcome you want and publish. This is why I pay no attention to political polls.

I'm hoping this is ok to post. I cannot link the source being a personal friend. These photos are of a memorial for Jacob on the road side. My friend is beside herself thinking she drove by him daily for years.

d731dbf59d89b1cd53591dad5d87cf03.jpg
fd3b650acc5622e14afe10ded8f229fa.jpg
fd9bfe5d178e44eb97be01721fd99382.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

one thing i can take from this case is, that without the FBI this case would of still remain unsolved. Many of these smaller jurisdictions do no have the resources to solve these type of crimes.
DNA was taken from Daniel Heinrich back in 1990 and it takes 26 years for a link to be made the kidnapping that happen just months before Wetterling's dissappearance. If it was not for the huge media coverage and FBI intervention I doubt this crime would of been ever solved.

I agree about the importance with the FBI but my understanding is that law enforcement knew about the likely connection between Jacob's kidnapping and that of JS in Cold Spring nine months earlier very soon after Jacob disappeared. This timeline from WCCO news says they announced that in December 1989 and I know I've seen footage of that announcement somewhere. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/09/03/wetterling-timeline/?e=gamM28DeSgKiVg

What boggles my mind is that they could have obtained via warrant and compared DH's DNA to the DNA from JS's sweatshirt sleeve WAY before they actually did. I know in 1989, DNA was still in its infancy, but they could have tested it in 1995....2005....much earlier than 2015. Correct me if I'm wrong but who actually made the first connection that there was a rash of attacks on boys in Paynesville .. was it Joy Baker?

I agree about the importance with the FBI but my understanding is that law enforcement knew about the likely connection between Jacob's kidnapping and that of JS in Cold Spring nine months earlier very soon after Jacob disappeared. This timeline from WCCO news says they announced that in December 1989 and I know I've seen footage of that announcement somewhere. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/09/03/wetterling-timeline/?e=gamM28DeSgKiVg

What boggles my mind is that they could have obtained via warrant and compared DH's DNA to the DNA from JS's sweatshirt sleeve WAY before they actually did. I know in 1989, DNA was still in its infancy, but they could have tested it in 1995....2005....much earlier than 2015. Correct me if I'm wrong but who actually made the first connection that there was a rash of attacks on boys in Paynesville .. was it Joy Baker?

The police.

On The Hunt with John Walsh, it seems like a lot of credit is given to Joy Baker for connecting the Paynesville boys attacks or attempted assaults to Jared and JW's cases, but I've read everywhere else that LE knew about this all along.

I believe ENOCHsoul had something to do with pushing LE to find the DNA evidence on Jared's clothing and test it in 2015. Right?

Patty Wetterling kept true to her word and never stopped looking for him. When most people would've given up, she never did. Prayers for her and her family.

I don't believe that he stopped assaulting children for the past 26 years, but perhaps he gained unlimited access to a child he could control in the meantime. A relative, the child of a girlfriend maybe? These sickos don't just stop in their mid-twenties.

On The Hunt with John Walsh, it seems like a lot of credit is given to Joy Baker for connecting the Paynesville boys attacks or attempted assaults to Jared and JW's cases, but I've read everywhere else that LE knew about this all along.

I believe ENOCHsoul had something to do with pushing LE to find the DNA evidence on Jared's clothing and test it in 2015. Right?

In the DH search warrant affidavit from last fall, it does say on January 8, 1990 the police chief of Paynesville informed the Wetterling case investigators of the attacks in Paynesville and that DH should be considered a suspect.

And that they did not pull a DNA profile from JS's clothing until July, 2012. From May- July 2015 they examined DH's 1990 hair sample, extracted DNA, compared it to the profile on JS's clothing, and found it matched DH.

Dear Damarna,

Thank you for your beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735