Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first hole was a rush job when the heat was on. The second hole he had more time

Maybe the bobcat wasn't available a second time or with the pressure off he didn't want to take the added risk of stealing it again.
The second site wasn't too far from a farmstead. Even buffered by the trees and barns you might notice someone digging on your land with a bobcat even if you wouldn't notice a guy with a shovel.

Good points, but then why bury him on someone's farm, especially if it is planned? Why not in the other direction, further from town? Why would someone plan a site like that? Granted, it may be that the burial sites are very close by. I still haven't pinned down where the first burial site was.

Hm To,me it says he did not. He said he saw someone in the front seat with cupping hands, Jacob was in the back with hand cuffs.

I guess it's been reported two ways now but the account I read of today's testimony said he put him in the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, odd for two reasons. He first digs an unsuitable hole with a Bobcat, then digs a 26 year-lasting hole with a shovel. Sounds like the fib of a young child.

He said he knew where the keys were stashed so he may have worked for them at some point. I am sure they collaborated this. AT least in the the full press conference the Feds said they were able to collaborate his testimony.

I guess it's been reported two ways now but the account I read of today's testimony said he put him in the passenger seat.

Yes, I've seen three different versions. Back seat, passenger seat and front passenger seat. I wish we could get an official transcript of the confession.

Traits of a sociopath..Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.

I wonder how many times DH repeated his version of the story to authorities, or if they were able to question him at any point?

I think in a plea bargain situation there was not likely a lot of grilling or questioning by authorities particularly on more peripheral details. It sounded like the deal was quite tentative and fragile, DH was described as "volatile", and as long as DH would admit to facts establishing the major elements of the crime and fitting the known evidence, and answering the major questions the family had about Jacob's fate, that was sufficient.

Hm To,me it says he did not. He said he saw someone in the front seat with cupping hands, Jacob was in the back with hand cuffs.
Where did it say he was in the back? There was actually no back seat just a hatchback. I thought it said he opened the passenger door and put Jacob in the car.

Typical sociopath move, blame the murder on someone else and minimize the crime. And even try to make it sound like he was being humane. He's more of a monster than I'd imagined!
"Heinrich then said a patrol car with siren and lights came down the road, and he “panicked.” He said he loaded his revolver with two rounds and told Jacob to turn around because he had to go to the bathroom.

“He didn’t know what I was doing,” Heinrich said in court."

http://kstp.com/news/danny-heinrich-jacob-wetterling-confession/4255853/

Why couldn't he just bury his body somewhere else near the first burial site? Why on earth did it require him to bring the body across the highway? Was the soil not the same? Does he have a thing for taking crazy risks and almost getting caught?

Or maybe the first burial site had a new business or house nearby that wasn't there initially?

Where did it say he was in the back? There was actually no back seat just a hatchback. I thought it said he opened the passenger door and put Jacob in the car.

Correct, this is a detail a lot of people keep overlooking. The 1982 Ford EXP did not have a back seat. So, those reports of being put in the back seat cannot be correct (or DH is making it up or was confusing in his statement).

I think people are confusing this with the earlier assault on JS.

That occurred in the back seat of Heinrich's then car.

Why couldn't he just bury his body somewhere else near the first burial site? Why on earth did it require him to bring the body across the highway? Was the soil not the same? Does he have a thing for taking crazy risks and almost getting caught?

Or maybe the first burial site had a new business or house nearby that wasn't there initially?

The part about the burial sequence (mainly, the rationale for where he buried Jacob and when) and the manner in which Jacob died (point blank or some distance away) is logically specious. I have no idea, but neither of those can really be examined and tested against fact or forensics, so it is telling that the parts that don't make sense are the same ones we can never prove/disprove.

Stealing the bobcat to dig a hole is a bizarre detail.

Think that really happened??

I believe people posted the data about the sky that night, It was super dark.How does one run a bobcat in the dark?

I believe people posted the data about the sky that night, It was super dark.How does one run a bobcat in the dark?

He doesn't say he did it that night. He said he left then returned to bury the body.

That's a trick question because I'm going to say headlights, then you're going to say, wow, that's really attention-getting.

"What did I do wrong?". Saying he was cold and wanted to go home afterward...

This breaks my heart all over again. I just want to hug that sweet boy and obviously it isn't possible. Heinrich is such a vile piece of scum. How could he hurt that poor baby?

I can't imagine going through this as a mother for all of these years. I'm 25 with 2 kids of my own. This family has dealt with this longer than I have been alive...I just can't even imagine that. I'm so angry and hurt for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He doesn't say he did it that night. He said he left then returned to bury the body.

Reports are that he said he went home for a couple of hours and returned, around midnight, and stole a Bobcat. You might be thinking of the new burial site a year later?

Does this St Cloud Times article make it sound like "excavation site 1" was where they found the red hockey jacket, and then thru had to prod DH to lead them the next day to "site 2" where the body remains and t shirt were?
http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2016/09/06/heinrich-plea-volatile-uncertain/89908018/

From what was said at the press conference by investigators after the court hearing, they only searched the 2nd site where his remains were eventually found. Heinrich led them to the last place he buried him and investigators only found the red jacket Jacob was wearing the night he was kidnapped. That was last Wednesday. They went back last Friday to do a more thorough search of the same area and found the remains.

I haven't head about any search of the "first" burial site.

Still a lot of questions.

I wish the court would put out the full transcript of Hienrich's confession because all we have to go on now is what reporters remember hearing and those in the overflow rooms tried to tweet during the session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum