Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the man is involved in other crimes that will come to light with his dna?

Why would the man involved agree to cooperate? This would result in life imprisonment with no parole. Or did the authorities agree to a plea deal?

That is what I was thinking also. Usually when someone says "found buried" they mean deliberately. Otherwise it was not by human hands, which invites some explanation. There was none. And on the other point, that is also what I was thinking. This guy lived in another county and the site is closer to the abduction scene. So, the burial is probably near the murder scene and it suggests the possibility that something went wrong and it got out of hand quickly. At least I hope it was fast.

Wondering even more if he had a car and if teh car had a shovel in it or if the hole was prepared before hand.

I am still in shock over this. This is one of my top 3 kids disappearances I have wanted solved.

Does anyone have a pic of the area the remains where found in? Is it undeveloped land or what?

So happy and sad for the family. Closure. See Mr. Squatch it was Heinrich

this was a sexually motivated crime. i don't think anyone expect JW to be alive but I have been wanting to know for years who did this. Carlina was kidnapped as a newborn and most newborns kidnapped by strangers are likely being raised by someone who wanted kids. Jaycee Dugard being found is nothing short of a miracle. Berry and Knight and the other woman also a miracle.

when pre teen boys and girls are kidnapped by a pedophile they are usually killed within 48 hours. I hope Jacob's death was swift and painless.

Hope. Hope is what's instilled in these families. Carlina White was reunited her parents after 23 years, Jaycee Duggard with hers after 18. Amanda Berry after 10.

It's just hope....

May we all be as devoted and loving towards our children as much as Jacob Wetterling's mother loves and is devoted to him.

I am desperate for details- it seems like they have been sitting on this for a while. I wonder how many other false leads there have been. Is Heinrich connected to any other cases?

I keep thinking of Kyron Horman- I hope it isn't 27 years for him as well.

this was a sexually motivated crime. i don't think anyone expect JW to be alive but I have been wanting to know for years who did this. Carlina was kidnapped as a newborn and most newborns kidnapped by strangers are likely being raised by someone who wanted kids. Jaycee Dugard being found is nothing short of a miracle. Berry and Knight and the other woman also a miracle.

when pre teen boys and girls are kidnapped by a pedophile they are usually killed within 48 hours. I hope Jacob's death was swift and painless.

Usually doesn't mean always. There are other cases where a kidnapped child was found after many years. For example, Steven Stayner who was kidnapped at 7 and escaped at 14. Obviously it's not the case here, but until the body is found, how is one going to know?

May we all be as devoted and loving towards our children as much as Jacob Wetterling's mother loves and is devoted to him.

I am desperate for details- it seems like they have been sitting on this for a while. I wonder how many other false leads there have been. Is Heinrich connected to any other cases?

I keep thinking of Kyron Horman- I hope it isn't 27 years for him as well.

Connected to assault on another boy but statute of limitation expired on that case.
"The FBI said a similar case happened in January 1989, when 12-year-old Jared Scheierl was sexually assaulted in nearby Cold Spring. There was also a series of sexual assaults in nearby Paynesville in 1986 and 1987."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jacob-wetterling-kidnapping-suspect-leads-fbi-remains-minnesota/

Connected to assault on another boy but statute of limitation expired on that case.
"The FBI said a similar case happened in January 1989, when 12-year-old Jared Scheierl was sexually assaulted in nearby Cold Spring. There was also a series of sexual assaults in nearby Paynesville in 1986 and 1987."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jacob-wetterling-kidnapping-suspect-leads-fbi-remains-minnesota/

He assaulted so many boys and let them go.... Why did he kill Jacob? :cry: Did Jacob fight back hard and get killed in the process?

So sad!

I followed this case for years. Has Heinrich been officially charged, and since he confessed, does that mean he would avoid trial and be sent to prison? Would he hopefully get a life sentence? What's the most he could get? The least he could get?

Satch

He assaulted so many boys and let them go.... Why did he kill Jacob? :cry: Did Jacob fight back hard and get killed in the process?

I think this case will be revealed to have been atypical:
1. Heinrich was, statistically speaking, too young for this type of crime
2. Heinrich escalated violence up to using a firearm in the JEW case, but never before that
3. After the JEW abduction, by all accounts and records, he appears to have abruptly stopped.
4. Beyond the obvious evidence, he showed strong evidence of having severe impulse control issues (then consider what happens when a gun is present for the first time and his victim attempts to flee).
5. He has cooperated with authorities without much gain for himself

Did he genuinely not intend to kill the victim? I do suspect/conjecture that something went very wrong from his perspective (it was clearly very wrong not long after Heinrich was born, but that's another story).

http://www.fox9.com/news/201084735-story

“The Stearns County Sheriff’s Office today confirms that Jacob Wetterling’s remains have been located. The Ramsey County Medical Examiner and a forensic odontologist identified the remains as Wetterling’s earlier today. Additional DNA testing will be performed at the BCA. The Stearns County Sheriff’s Office, assisted by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the FBI, the Stearns County Attorney’s Office and the United States Attorney’s Office are currently in the process of reviewing and evaluating new evidence in the Jacob Wetterling investigation. Authorities expect to be in a position to provide more detailed information early next week. We are asking for your patience and respect for the Wetterling family’s privacy until that time.”

Feeling so sad for the Wetterling family. It must feel like they lost him all over again- even with 27 years between him missing and finally found. ((((HUGS)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member