Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying they shouldn't ..I asked you to do one thing and that was to understand what iam trying to say here...clearly you didn't understand ..with out this guy both parents would have died not knowing if jacob was alive being tortured sex trafficing or dead and iam saying at the very least ,he did 1 good deed in coming forword and saying where he left jacob...yes kill the *advertiser censored* but u have to note that the parents only got what they got today because he came forword..

He didn't come forward, they caught him and the FBI wore him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not saying they shouldn't ..I asked you to do one thing and that was to understand what iam trying to say here...clearly you didn't understand ..with out this guy both parents would have died not knowing if jacob was alive being tortured sex trafficing or dead and iam saying at the very least ,he did 1 good deed in coming forword and saying where he left jacob...yes kill the *advertiser censored* but u have to note that the parents only got what they got today because he came forword..

That is a good point. I don't think he did it out of goodness. Although he was kind enough to not video the neighbor's children.

This is said with sarcasm. I am sure he has a very strange sense of right and wrong.

I know by saying this alot of you might jump on me here but for what it's worth and please believe me IAm not saying we should go easy on him or anything even like that but i will say he gets a nod of the hat for doing what he did because let's be honest whatever his punishment is and as much as the FBI got as far as evidence we are only talking about what were talking about because this guy decided to cooperate if he hadn't theres a good chance this day never comes to fruition. So like i said he gets a small nod of the head for giving the wetterlings the closure...

I get what your saying but it's nearly 27 years too late and every second of every day during this time the Wetterlings have been enduring living hell. Not knowing if their child and brother is dead or alive. I hope he isn't getting satisfaction from people now knowing he is responsible I'm suspicious of his motives.

September 3, 2016
1:08 PM

Sheriff’s Office: Jacob Wetterling’s Remains Have Been Found

jacob-wetterling.jpg

The Stearns County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that Jacob Wetterling’s remains have been found.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner and a forensic odontologist identified the remains as Wetterling’s.

A source told WCCO the suspect in the Wetterling case led the FBI to the remains.

Agents pressed Danny Heinrich for information on the nearly 27-year-old mystery in the last few days. Sources say the FBI took Heinrich out of jail at least twice this week.

It is during that time that Heinrich told investigators where they would find Jacob’s body. Searchers have been at a site in Stearns County for several days, and at some point found bodily remains and Jacob’s clothing at the scene.

The FBI named Heinrich a person of interest in the Wetterling case last October. Heinrich was charged with 25 counts of child *advertiser censored* possession on the same day, to which he eventually pleaded not guilty.

It was also announced on that day that DNA taken from Heinrich in 1990 linked him to Scheierl’s assault, a discovery made by investigators in 2015.

daniel-james-heinrich.jpg
:devil::devil::devil:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...-fbi-where-he-says-they-will-find-wetterling/

______________________________________________________________________________________________

According to the news report he is a sex offender, found tapes in his home, could spend life in prison

He didn't come forward, they caught him and the FBI wore him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could have kept quiet. He managed to do it fo 27 years. Not giving him any kudos. I wonder what worked on him. They may have promised something. I don't know what would be appealing. Steak dinner every night? Who knows. It sure took a long time. When was he arrested?

He's still a but I get what you're saying. Usually they never say where their victims are located.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ok....does anyone know how old the remains are? had he grown?

No info on this has been released yet. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we would like to know. Thanks for all the news updates everyone and your posts of sympathy for the Wetterlings. Please post any details about any press conferences scheduled. Thank you.

As a fellow Minnesotan who was only around 5 when he went missing, my heart is broken as I thought that there was still a chance he could be alive.
I think of Mrs. and Mr. Wetterling and the hope that they have resiliently carried forth in these last 27+ years has now been taken from them in the cruelest manner
possible :(
I really wished for them to have Jacob back home alive.
It angers me that, that dirty a$$ monster knew this whole time and he tortured them all these years with the what ifs. I don't believe in unusual punishment but in this case I hope Heinrich gets the cruelest torture a human can inflict on another.
I am so angry .
My thought and prayers are with the Wetterlings .

September 3, 2016
1:08 PM

Sheriff’s Office: Jacob Wetterling’s Remains Have Been Found

jacob-wetterling.jpg

The Stearns County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that Jacob Wetterling’s remains have been found.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner and a forensic odontologist identified the remains as Wetterling’s.

A source told WCCO the suspect in the Wetterling case led the FBI to the remains.

Agents pressed Danny Heinrich for information on the nearly 27-year-old mystery in the last few days. Sources say the FBI took Heinrich out of jail at least twice this week.

It is during that time that Heinrich told investigators where they would find Jacob’s body. Searchers have been at a site in Stearns County for several days, and at some point found bodily remains and Jacob’s clothing at the scene.

The FBI named Heinrich a person of interest in the Wetterling case last October. Heinrich was charged with 25 counts of child *advertiser censored* possession on the same day, to which he eventually pleaded not guilty.

It was also announced on that day that DNA taken from Heinrich in 1990 linked him to Scheierl’s assault, a discovery made by investigators in 2015.

daniel-james-heinrich.jpg

God he gives me the creeps I can't stand looking at him. His eyes are so cold and chilling.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...-fbi-where-he-says-they-will-find-wetterling/

He could have kept quiet. He managed to do it fo 27 years. Not giving him any kudos. I wonder what worked on him. They may have promised something. I don't know what would be appealing. Steak dinner every night? Who knows. It sure took a long time. When was he arrested?

He may have been promised a prison with better conditions. I wonder if we will find out what made him reveal the location of Jacob's remains.

Yeah but how many other bodies from the deviant haven't been accounted for.
There has been so many cases of missing children that aren't solved and 27+ years he's been free to harm
others .
A monster such as him doesn't stop after one and he definitely still had a sick obsession with little boys hence the reason
he was arrested in the first place.
He gets no nod from me this family has been tortured with the what ifs for the last 27+years while he sat there as a POI and knew the truth.
I can understand what your saying at least they aren't going to the grave not knowing what happened, however because of the they're going to
the grave minus one child due to him.
There is no good in him.

My heart is heavy hearing of Jacob's fate, I do hope that his family can have some small bit of closure now and will be able to further prosecute this who murdered their son. I am so sad for this poor sweet child whose life was ripped from him by a monster.

I don't think that there should be a reward for doing the right thing in this case. Generally speaking, it should be a given that we do the right thing, so this murderer can go (insert choice words) himself. Punishment should be swift and unforgiving for doing the wrong thing, however. He caused this pain, he is not a child who needs positive affirmation, he is a murderer. I don't care how many do not come forward, they are all in the wrong as far as I am concerned. That doesn't make him "in the right" for this small mercy, he caused this tragedy, he should pay dearly. No doubt he was offered something in exchange for this information.

RIP Jacob, God bless Jacob's family.

Wow. Goosebumps on goosebumps. I haven't felt so numb about a case resolution since Dylan Redwine's remains were found back in 2013.
I truly never thought I'd see the day... I can't really believe it. This is one of the "big" cases that so many people know about (not just in MN or even the US but further out too). I feel if you asked people on here (or anywhere similar) for one case they would like to see solved, a large amount would say this one.

Rest peacefully Jacob.

Remains found and the killer identified. I'm crying and relieved at the same time. I'm heartbroken for Jacob's family and hope they find some peace in their lives.

I wonder if it was the same farm that Jared was taken to? If it is a farm, I wonder why the body was not discovered, It is impossible to dig where there are tree roots so it seems it would be in some kind of grassy area.

If it is by the farm Jared was taken to, I wonder why LE did not look in that area for signs of a grave?

I think he had grandparents that were farmers, that are now deceased, I can't help but wonder if at one time the farm belonged to them......just thinking no evidence of such......

This was such a shock to hear, so devastating that he's really gone, but at the same time such a relief that he can be given a proper burial and his killer will be brought to justice! I literally grew up with this case. I'm twenty-four, Jacob was kidnapped before I was even born, but my grandmother was friends with his aunt and uncle at the time he was taken. I grew up with the story, my grandmother telling me about Jacob at the kitchen table while she showed me his missing poster and button. I was "looking for Jacob" everywhere I went before I was old enough to understand he wouldn't look like the picture anymore. I don't even really know how to describe what I feel. My grandmother called frantically as soon as she saw the news, and I just heard from her again, she's been crying all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB