Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Gosch case for me. My son was also a paperboy in Des Moines and about the same age.

I am shocked at this major development I honestly didn't think he would disclose where Jacob was after all these years. I wonder what led him to do so now?

My first thought was they convinced him that he had nothing to lose now, considering he's facing 25 child *advertiser censored* charges. Those alone are enough to put him away for life.

I can't imagine a judge would show much sympathy to him on those, regardless of whether he gave up the location of the remains or not.

I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open and chills running up and down my spine. I can't believe this news. He has been found. I wish today was a joyful reunion with his family, instead of a very sad ending to 27 years of torture. My heart is with the Wetterlings as they say their goodbyes to precious Jacob.

While it's incredibly heartbreaking to know the worst fears were realized, it must give hope to many others that one day their missing loved ones will be found and laid to rest properly. God bless his dear family. They never gave up.

Patty will still look him in the eye one day and say she never gave up - and he will already know.

Just stunned. Never thought we would see this day. There is a part of me that is SO HAPPY he's coming home and the thoughts that have surely run thru his parents heads all these years (was he sold, is he being tortured, was he forced into child *advertiser censored*, etc.) can now STOP. But with that, hope also stops that he is alive.I am praying for the Wetterlings and all their people and once again, we are faced with the question, how many more missing children is this man responsible for??

Anyone know how long it may take to get DNA confirmation? That link earlier said he led them to the remains last week.

Anyone know how long it may take to get DNA confirmation? That link earlier said he led them to the remains last week.

Not sure, but Jacob's Namus shows that dentals are available. That may be quicker.

I saw that, too. In other reports it was this last Wednesday and Friday. So, maybe Heinrich took them out there and they dug later? Not sure. Anyway, DNA times can vary widely depending on urgency, but maybe an expert on that can answer here?

http://kstp.com/news/jacob-wetterli...mains-patty-wetterling-investigation/4253499/

" Sources tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the man authorities named as a person of interest in Jacob Wetterling’s disappearance, Danny Heinrich, agreed to cooperate, and provide information that led to authorities recovering unidentified remains.

Heinrich led investigators to the area where the remains were found, according to sources."

WETTERLING'S REMAINS FOUND - OUR HEARTS ARE BROKEN

http://www.kare11.com/news/wetterlin...oken/313210664

Wow, I can't imagine living that long not knowing where my child was. So sad.

were we naive to believe that Jacob was actually alive after all these years?

Hope. Hope is what's instilled in these families. Carlina White was reunited her parents after 23 years, Jaycee Duggard with hers after 18. Amanda Berry after 10.

It's just hope....

Glad Jacob is finally coming home, but heartbroken for his family. It doesn't matter how many of these cases I follow, even when this type of outcome is expected it is still painful to read. Sleep peacefully Jacob.

i hope they didn't make some sort of leniency deal with this monster for him to give up the body of his victim.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family who have lived through hell for 27 years.

I'm so sorry for Jacob's family, but I hope they find peace. As always, I am so impressed with people on this site.

A sad story. Now it's over. But the work Patty was inspired to do to benefit missing children goes on. Rest peacefully Jacob. May your family find peace as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice