Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but I've already read all that.

Your statement was "The whole story has not been verified, however his DNA was discovered on JW's clothes"

My question was: When was it reported that his DNA was found on JW's clothes.

The reason I ask is because I find it hard to believe since the DNA from the remains isn't even back yet so how could the DNA from the clothes be back already?

Hi Rocco

From what I have read, and I could be totally wrong, the DNA matched up from the evidence taken previously. If I am wrong I apologize.

I agree, we will be hearing a lot more in the upcoming weeks :(

Thanks ~

Somehow, it makes me feel slightly better that he was buried somewhere beautiful, and not thrown in a swamp or the trash. What is wrong with me, or perhaps the world, when that is the shining light in a case? At least he was buried? I feel sick with myself for feeling that almost. But I am so grateful that the Wetterlings are no longer wondering where their baby is any longer, and I know it's not what they wanted, what anyone wanted. But, he is no longer a secret held by a predator. He is reclaimed.

It is atypical, I think. Usually, the perpetrator will dispose of remains to minimize the chance of discovery if they take the time to conceal the remains at all. But here, it is buried in a literally pastoral setting just outside town. Very odd.

Ugh. The thought of these questions is horrifying. If I was the parent, I Would block my ears and eyes.

Maybe part of the deal was if he showed LE where Jacob was, he didn't have to tell anything else.

PURE SPECULATION. I do not know if that is the case, just thinking aloud.

It says "What was then a state highway". County Road 85 used to be State Highway 23 until the bypass was built a few years ago.

Ah, because according to maps "County road 85" doesn't exist. So, what is it called now?

Update: Maybe Old Highway 23 and Hoffman street. The area of interest would be Hoffman Street. Yes, very odd. Right outside town.

attachment.php

I think you'd have to be blind not to see it's an exact match.

Credit: dailymail.com

Guess I'm blind.....

I'm very late to the facts of this case. Maybe someone can answer this question for me. Does LE know exactly where the perp has traveled, lived, visited even for a brief time? Meaning could there possibly be many more victims out there that he hasn't been tied to including the missing? I don't feel it was his last crime and that he was scared off by it. They don't stop IMHO. Maybe he was scared off of doing his crimes locally and did them elsewhere to keep the eyes off of him. Also he lived with his mother when the crime occurred then moved to his father's home? What was his reason for moving?
I've always felt that these type of perps check often on their crime scenes to see if they've been discovered or to even visit and relive (gags at the thought)! Maybe even going so far as to place them in locations that are easily seen by them during a drive by. Is the location he was found easily seen from a passing road?
I'm not as familiar with this case so forgive me if my questions have been asked and answered.

So relieved the wetterlings finally have an answer, but I can't even imagine the pain they're going through right now. This is all very fresh to them and it's hard to even fathom the magnitude of their loss. They can now have a memorial for Jacob, it's heartbreaking that it had a sad ending, but now they can properly bury their little boy. Woke up this morning and saw the news, can't believe they actually found his body and this gives me hope on missing children cold cases. Rest in Peace Jacob, and thank you to the wetterlings for all you have done for missing children, I'm sorry it had to end this way.

They described the location:

"...a treeline just a few hundred yards from a farmhouse in a lush green pasture filled with grazing cattle."
and
"...it is about 25 miles from St. Joseph, where Jacob was abducted."

I am very interested on the exact location just because I have heard so many times over the years the efforts they went to to search central Minnesota, hundreds of volunteers, National Guard walking arm to arm. JW must have been very well buried if the site was one that had been searched. And if it wasn't searched, why not?

Could one of the locals, or perhaps someone familiar with Minnesota, tell me how close in proximity DH's most recent residence was in comparison to where JS was taken by DH after he was abducted (I believe it was described as a farm setting)? Also how close in proximity DH's most recent residence was to JEW's abduction sight, and JEW's burial sight? Thank you.

Hi Rocco

From what I have read, and I could be totally wrong, the DNA matched up from the evidence taken previously. If I am wrong I apologize.

I agree, we will be hearing a lot more in the upcoming weeks :(

Thanks ~

There was a DNA match to the suspect on a sweatshirt from an abduction of a boy that occurred 9-10 months prior to the abduction of Jacob. It was suspected that the earlier abduction was related to Jacob's abduction. That DNA match led to the suspect, but because of the statue of limitations, the suspect could not be charged with that abduction and assault.

Could one of the locals, or perhaps someone familiar with Minnesota, tell me how close in proximity DH's most recent residence was in comparison to where JS was taken by DH after he was abducted (I believe it was described as a farm setting)? Also how close in proximity DH's most recent residence was to JEW's abduction sight, and JEW's burial sight? Thank you.

IIRC, it was about a mile and half from where the killer lived at some point, at the time even, but I'm not sure.

I think knowing the exact spot is important for several reasons. As for the location of the JS attack, good luck. I tried several months ago and could never get a confirmed answer on where it was. But it was probably somewhere broadly near Richmond, which doesn't tell us much. Don't know the answer to the last question, but you could google Annandale and Paynesville for driving distance.

I'm very late to the facts of this case. Maybe someone can answer this question for me. Does LE know exactly where the perp has traveled, lived, visited even for a brief time? Meaning could there possibly be many more victims out there that he hasn't been tied to including the missing?

We looked at this a few months ago and it doesn't look like there are any good matches. In other words, no crimes in MN that match his pattern after J.E.W.

Also he lived with his mother when the crime occurred then moved to his father's home? What was his reason for moving?
There are many possibilities and I'm not sure anyone knows for sure, but one distinct possibility is that he had a falling out with his mother. Moms tend to pick up on things.

I've always felt that these type of perps check often on their crime scenes to see if they've been discovered or to even visit and relive (gags at the thought)! Maybe even going so far as to place them in locations that are easily seen by them during a drive by. Is the location he was found easily seen from a passing road?
Still trying to verify the location. I think everyone in Paynesville already knows the exact spot. It is the rest of us who wait. And yes, if he had been staked out at crucial times, like his birthday or the abduction anniversary, police would probably have been taken directly to the site. But who knows?

Guess I'm blind.....

I think it looks exactly like him. You're probably thrown off because his face is tilted up in the other picture, but try to imagine him looking down like in the sketch.

"The burial site is about 30 miles southwest of the Wetterling home in St. Joseph, and a little more than a mile from the Paynesville home where Heinrich lived at the time of Jacob's abduction."

http://www.startribune.com/paynesville-reeling-with-news-about-jacob/392294311/#1

Thank you, otto, I knew very little about precious Jacob before he was found. The Wetterling's statement is one for the ages. My heart breaks for them, but I'm so grateful to have read it.

Good to see you again, otto, finally.

Wow, he kept him so close to him, at least for some time. This absolutely creeps me out so much!

That was one of my initial thoughts...I shudder to think how many times DH rode by Jacob's makeshift burial sight...

Annandale to Paynesville - 32.8 miles
Annandale to St. Joseph - 29.4 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members