Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We looked at this a few months ago and it doesn't look like there are any good matches. In other words, no crimes in MN that match his pattern after J.E.W.

There are many possibilities and I'm not sure anyone knows for sure, but one distinct possibility is that he had a falling out with his mother. Moms tend to pick up on things.

Still trying to verify the location. I think everyone in Paynesville already knows the exact spot. It is the rest of us who wait. And yes, if he had been staked out at crucial times, like his birthday or the abduction anniversary, police would probably have been taken directly to the site. But who knows?

Thank you so much for your reply! I wonder if his mama had figured it out. Mama's do have that extra sense.
I did find another unidentified child similar to JW. Strangely enough in St. Joseph, Michigan.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/9894

Super random, but for the longtimers on here: ...but when/what'll we hear from Mossad?!

Thank you so much for your reply! I wonder if his mama had figured it out. Mama's do have that extra sense.
I did find another unidentified child similar to JW. Strangely enough in St. Joseph, Michigan.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/9894
Yea, we found that one. Male, age unknown. Time of death, unknown. Estimated age 7-12 at time of death. Partial remains recovered. Too broad to match up with the J.E.W. pattern. There have been murders in MN for sure, but we didn't find anything like the pattern we saw with JS and J.E.W. If he changed his M.O. abruptly, then possibly.

Thank you, otto, I knew very little about precious Jacob before he was found. The Wetterling's statement is one for the ages. My heart breaks for them, but I'm so grateful to have read it.

Good to see you again, otto, finally.

The case was on my radar - how could it not be given the media attention - but I didn't really follow it. It seemed like a case that would never be solved.

Good to see you too!

I was just reading about this book (haven't read it yet): 'Alligator Candy: A Memoir' by David Kushner. He writes about survival guilt in relation to the disappearance of his 11 year old brother in 1973.

Disambiguation:

Danny Heinrich’s mother’s 1989 apartment at Plaza Apartments, 121 Washburne Avenue, Paynesville, MN: 45.382154, -94.713606

Danny Heinrich’s father’s 1989 residence at 16021 County Road 124 in Paynesville, MN: 45.355184, -94.701903

Site of Jared Scheierl molestation Friday, January 13, 1989: 45.456120, -94.476231

Site of Jacob Wetterling abduction Sunday, October 22, 1989: 45.555487, -94.296133

Site of Jacob Wetterling’s skeletal remains, Wednesday, August 31, 2016: 45.384387, -94.691582

Prov. 11:14

Hi Rocco

From what I have read, and I could be totally wrong, the DNA matched up from the evidence taken previously. If I am wrong I apologize.

I agree, we will be hearing a lot more in the upcoming weeks :(

Thanks ~

I'm just hoping what we hear in the future doesn't make it worse than it already is. I remember getting the details after Jessica Lundsford's death and the more that was disclosed, the worse it got.

Not sure if this was posted yet. Helicopter footage of area where Jacob was found.

http://kstp.com/news/chopper-5-raw-video-area-where-jacob-wetterling-remains-found/4254222/

It seems like he might have been in the copse of trees? I imagine back 27 years ago there were no trees or tiny trees?

As someone who,is an avid gardener, digging where there are tree roots is a very difficult job. How did he do it? And if it is in the trees , how did he get there? If it is your own property, that is one thing. But going on someone else's property and digging? Too bizarre and beyond bold!

e986f8386c4dca34fa9aaa0988c09ac5.jpg
e30b690eeba61e4f5d10a320c2951161.jpg

Jared, Jacob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying that history would dictate that it would be unusual if he was free for so long that he would only end up killing one child, even if the murder wan't the intended goal, who killed Jacob could certainly do it again if it meant they didn't get caught. Also, for these pedophiles who go out and kidnap, *advertiser censored* will never come close to being enough for them. If the killer isn't caught in relatively short time, or it wasn't a loved one or a relative that murdered them, most will continue on...

Maybe Jacob ran, so he shot. That was what he threatened them with, right? I think it's quite possible, IMO.

Very different eyebrows. It hardly matters what he looks like today. We were looking for a guy that looked like the sketch 27'years ago, not him today. His young pic does not look like the sketch, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni