Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the DNA from Heinrich's hair, was from the other little boy was found. 26 years ago, yet it for some reason was "lost" or "forgotten" about all that time? Little Jacob was identified via dental and from clothing, IIRC.

It wasn't lost or forgotten. The case was re-opened recently. DNA evidence was collected in 1990, and it was tested when sophisticated DNA analysis tools were available.

What intrigues me is the distance he travelled to abduct a child. It seems that he travelled roughly 20 miles to abduct, and then essentially buried Jacob in his back yard (in terms of distance). Is it possible that he intended to kill a victim after the other child was abducted 9-10 months earlier?

I can't forget the cousins Lyric and Elizabeth from Evansdale who were abducted and found months later roughly 20 miles away. Is it possible that their abductor lives very close to where the bodies were found?

To be on the safe side, a synthetic aperture radar search of that property would be prudent.

Agreed, I have been very heavy and somber the last 2 days. Finding him doesn't seem to be enough. Having his killer behind bars doesn't seem to be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we wanted him alive,

To be on the safe side, a synthetic aperture radar search of that property would be prudent.

Which property ... the abduction site? Hasn't that already been searched?

Midwestern farmers will let trees grow at the edges of their fields to keep the wind down and in previous year to provide a fuel source for the wood stove or fireplace. It's basically a strip of natural woods, 27 years ago the trees that are there now may have been smaller or nonexistent but there would have been other trees. Unless a farmer wants to chop wood (and I imagine now if they even have a wood stove most farmers have enough work to do and just buy it), there's little reason for them to muck around back there so it doesn't surprise me that no one spotted fresh digging that they didn't do.

So how was he able to spend the incredible time of digging where there are roots with no one noticing? And how did he get back there?

How did he get his little blue coupe back there?

Image of the same site from 1991:

site_Of_Remains_Confirmed_006.jpg

Update: notice there are fewer trees

So how was he able to spend the incredible time of digging where there are roots with no one noticing? And how did he get back there?

It looks to me like there were younger and fewer trees 27 years ago. Over the 27 years, the bushes/trees probably multiplied along the water bank and along any irrigation canal. I also agree with the suggestion up-thread about a windbreak. Many rural people plant a row of trees to strategically buffer buildings from wind.

It looks to me like there were younger and fewer trees 27 years ago. Over the 27 years, the bushes/trees probably multiplied along the water bank and along any irrigation canal. I also agree with the suggestion up-thread about a windbreak. Many rural people plant a row of trees to strategically buffer wind from buildings.

If you see the image, that is exactly what happened. No trees along the river/creek. Wider gaps in the other tree line.

Is it possible that the suspect knows the family where the body was found, and knew - 27 years ago - that the family would be away at the time that Jacob was abducted?

Feeling physically sick again after seeing that 1991 photo, which was taken while he was there, not long after he died. Ugh.

Is it possible that the suspect knows the family where the body was found, and knew - 27 years ago - that the family would be away at the time that Jacob was abducted?

Might have known them and the Rassiers. Who knows?

I think knowing the exact spot is important for several reasons. As for the location of the JS attack, good luck. I tried several months ago and could never get a confirmed answer on where it was. But it was probably somewhere broadly near Richmond, which doesn't tell us much. Don't know the answer to the last question, but you could google Annandale and Paynesville for driving distance.

Here ya go .... and notice it is the same hydro pole as in the news video ... http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...s-they-will-find-wetterling/?e=jYKYvvuzawHEJg

Attachments

• wetterling site map.jpg
    wetterling site map.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 83
  • wetterling location arial.jpg
    wetterling location arial.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 100
  • wetterling site.jpg
    wetterling site.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 104
Why would he shoot although he may have. Jared saw him. He did not live around there so he could never go back to the area.

He wore a mask to not be recognized, but he was not famous, why was he so concerned about being recognized?

He could have removed the mask at some point. And Jacob at some point had the opportunity to run. I just think it's one possible scenario, Idk. JMO

Could DH possibly have helped out on the farm? What was his occupation back then?

Seems like it is a fairly open area. I certainly wouldn't call that wooded. Weird that the burial site wasn't ever noticed.

How did he get there with the child and dig with nary a person noticing?

Google Maps doesn't label County Road 85 for some reason, but it's the road heading from Hoffman Street northeast to the bypass

Seems like it is a fairly open area. I certainly wouldn't call that wooded. Weird that the burial site wasn't ever noticed.

I'm not expert on this, but I believe it takes a full 4 seasons for a freshly turned fill to 'disappear'. So, yea, you'd think the owner would have noticed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum