Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that the suspect was well aware of how a young boy would react to being attacked. The suspect had done the same thing 9-10 months earlier. He would have been more practiced at ensuring that his victim could not escape when he abducted Jacob.

But there was one key difference: he had a gun this time. And the tracks the two of them left in Rassier's driveway suggest DH was supremely confident the gun would talk for him.

I don't think an 11 year old boy was able to escape the clutches of a man with a plan. I don't think he had a chance, especially if a gun was involved. A child from a good family in that situation - wouldn't a child cooperate until the end?

Just my opinion...but I truly believe that Jacob put up a fight, which could have triggered a very violent response by DH. Or as Patty Wetterling intimated, "something went terribly wrong".

Patty Wetterling had described Jacob as an "athlete" and someone with a "keen sense of fairness and always stood up for people". If Jacob was anything like his Mother...and I believe he was, he put up a fight. Again, just my opinion.

It's been so long even though it seems like it was just recently. I've always remembered Jacob Wetterling. Always hoped for some news. I hope one day to see the interview between the accused and law enforcement. It must have been something in order to get him to lead them to Jacob. They must have been so heart-broken and elated at the same time.

Of course, there is nothing vitriolic enough I could say about the man who set upon Jacob like a savage. Everyone else feels the same as I do. He caused our boy to suffer and killed him. We love him and feel the loss.

But, I am grateful. Very grateful. A murder victim is not out in the elements, in a clandestine grave, tonight, alone. A killer isn't sadistically keeping the location of the remains and, I assume, the circumstances of the death from the family, anymore. Those things always haunt me.

At first I though DH must have known the people who lived at the farm. Or must have been familiar with it or something. But now I'm looking at the maps...now it just looks like he was driving home to his mother's and was about to hit the edge of town and just needed a place to bury him.

Just my opinion...but I truly believe that Jacob put up a fight, which could have triggered a very violent response by DH. Or as Patty Wetterling intimated, "something went terribly wrong".

Patty Wetterling had described Jacob as an "athlete" and someone with a "keen sense of fairness and always stood up for people". If Jacob was anything like his Mother...and I believe he was, he put up a fight. Again, just my opinion.

Did Jacob jump out of the vehicle which led heinrich to chase him on foot back into that pasture? I bet he resisted the whole time, because the evidence shows it didn't last long.

More details will be coming out soon. One clue will be whether Jacob was buried with his belongings. First reports hinted they were not, which would be bad news. They seem to suggest that his clothes were buried in a different spot. DH moved out of his mother's house a few weeks after the abduction. If he was buried with all his belongings, it hints (to me) that it was very quick. Blood on the clothes can indicate that he was clothed at the time of death in those clothes, and that he suffered a serious injury. So, lots of detail could come out shortly.

Did you read the search warrant?

But there was one key difference: he had a gun this time. And the tracks the two of them left in Rassier's driveway suggest DH was supremely confident the gun would talk for him.

Guns make a lot of noise and attract attention. A small silver pistol might have been a toy. A knife was used during one of the previous abductions that are similar to the abduction of Jacob.

I think the best we can hope for now is to find out that Jacob fought back and was killed (quickly) during the abduction BEFORE Heinrich had a chance to sexually assault him.

It's best not to even think about it. It's over. Hopefully something good can come from the details to prevent this from happening. <3

One of the previous children was able to escape, but it seems like Danny Heinrich was escalating - first by trying to capture young boys, and then actually capturing one with his car. That was the victim prior to Jacob.

There was going to be a violent response from Danny regardless of whether an 11 year old child was able to escape from him, and it's not likely that he was able to escape. The child was marched to a car 75 feet from the abduction location, told to cover his face and lie down in the back seat, and was driven to where he was assaulted - just like the boy 10 months earlier.

At first I though DH must have known the people who lived at the farm. Or must have been familiar with it or something. But now I'm looking at the maps...now it just looks like he was driving home to his mother's and was about to hit the edge of town and just needed a place to bury him.

The thing is in rural areas young men often work for other farmers. This was many years ago, DH could have easily worked for that farmer or visited there. Where I'm at there are so many people that are related. MOther's change their last names at marriage and the lineage often gets lost unless you are from the area.

Time and time again in our area someone will remind me, "Oh that's right, she's so and so's daughter, she was married to a _________and that's my cousin's nephews daughter inlaw."

Stuff like that.

So we do not know at this time what his connection is to this farm. I might have missed something.

One of the previous children was able to escape, but it seems like Dennis was escalating - first by trying to capture young boys, and then actually capturing one with his car. That was the victim prior to Jacob.

Who is Dennis?

My family has a very large farm. We rent out the areas that are farmland. They are turned every season. BUT... a large portion of this land is also wooded. Someone could easily bury a body almost under our noses and we might not even notice. That creeps me out to even think of that happening. But here's the catch. We aren't always at the farm. We stay for periods of time then there are times we don't go. Even when we are there, we might not even notice someone digging in a field at night with a flashlight. I believe he was familiar with that farm and who lived there and what their schedule was. What does surprise me though is that in all this time no one stumbled across it. It looks to be farmable land. But if they used it as grazing pasture it would make sense then.
I should say though when we do catch people on our property.... they are looking at the barrel of a gun. No one sneaks on someone's property without a bad reason. Especially at night. People that live in our area do know this and they tend to stay away. But you never know. People can and will do horrible things without fear of consequences.
A dog might not even hear or notice someone quietly digging. Especially in the darkness and late at night. What would play a part is how hard the earth was to dig in. That could make a lot of noise if its hard clay for example. Plus hitting rocks etc. I don't feel it would be a long walk to carry someone to the location. Now if he walked him to the location then shot him, then you would stand the chance of being heard.
Did I read someone earlier say that the perp took them to two different locations? Maybe the other location was where his clothes were?
Are we sure that he wasn't held for a period of time also? I keep going back to him moving out of his moms home. I wonder if she found something maybe even a stain on his clothes and put two and two together.

Did Jacob jump out of the vehicle which led heinrich to chase him on foot back into that pasture? I bet he resisted the whole time, because the evidence shows it didn't last long.

Now that, that is a good hypothesis. Was Heinrich turning there? The roads were laid out differently then but I wonder if he slowed down near that farm for some reason?

Now that, that is a good hypothesis. Was Heinrich turning there? The roads were laid out differently then but I wonder if he slowed down near that farm for some reason?

20 miles from the abduction site and Jacob by now had probably figured out his motive, I probably would have jumped.

20 miles from the abduction site and Jacob by now had probably figured out his motive, I probably would have jumped.

I doubt that an 11 year old boy, or an 11 year old girl, has any idea that they were abducted for violent, sexual assault until it happens. Aren't 11 year olds somewhat oblivious about the reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum