Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of information I just eat right up. Where was he specifically and whom did he have access to? I want to know.

He spent a lot of time in Willmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very detailed article here: Documents depict 1989 as a year of change for Heinrich. His car was repossessed in March. Heinrich’s mother remarried in May. His last day of work at Fingerhut Corp. was Oct. 8, leaving him unemployed.http://www.startribune.com/behind-the-person-of-interest-in-the-wetterling-investigation/364008661/

This again rises questions,could he have been involved with the abduction of Johnny Gosch ? I at first though the was too young at the time, but another poster on another of Jacob's threads reminded me that Heinrich was older at the time, he would have been 18 - 20 y/o. Well, I could do the math, but I'm about done for the night. jmo

There was going to be a violent response from Dennis regardless of whether an 11 year old child was able to escape from him, and it's not likely that he was able to escape. The child was marched to a car 75 feet from the abduction location, told to cover his face and lie down in the back seat, and was driven to where he was assaulted - just like the boy 10 months earlier.

With all due respect...not exactly "like the boy 10 months earlier" that boy cooperated and was released. This sadly was not the case with Jacob, something was different about this abduction, or as Patty Wetterling theorized "something went terribly wrong". Fighting back or resisting could have been that trigger which escalated an abduction and sexual assault to murder.

to think that through all of these years, all of the TV specials, news reports on the Wetterlings, all of the police visits to his home that 'man' sat there denying it and the WHOLE TIME in the back of his mind he new exactly where Jacob lay resting.

KNEW that he put that poor family through sheer h+ll. I feel a little sorry for him. He's got some explaining to do to someone with much higher power than anything we know.

Several months ago, yes, why?

There doesn't seem to be much question about the MO. The suspect has no history of killing a child during an abduction or attempted abduction, but he does have plenty of practice abducting a young boy - including one who was not alone. Like the most recent case prior to the abduction of Jacob, Jacob very likely went through the same experience as the previous child with the exception that he was killed and buried. We hear all the time that, with violent offenders, they need to take it one step further than before to get the same high.

For the first 15 minutes, yes, he would be terrified. But I can imagine after 30 minutes or so that a flight response might happen. If DH was not expecting this, and with his lack of impulse control and the bad decision to bring a gun, I can easily see him just shooting out of panic. He can't let him get away. And yes, he might be able to overpower him, but I'm not sure he could catch him.

I too think that's possibly what happened, that he may have found a break and started running. And Heinrich shot him. :(

Also, DH obviously did not stop with his whole problems because he went on then to collect a substantial collection of illegal child *advertiser censored*.

I doubt that an 11 year old boy, or an 11 year old girl, has any idea that they were abducted for violent, sexual assault until it happens. Aren't 11 year olds somewhat oblivious about the reality?

Based on his M.O. (and part of the reason why I've stressed his lack of impulse control) was that he attacked immediately. He didn't wait.

Those trees either weren't there or were just sapplings when this happened. I'm placing my bets on DH was working for this farmer at the time and that's how he felt bold enough to be on that land.

If it was that close to the road, that could be bad.

On second thought, there are two equally likely scenarios I suppose.

With all due respect...not exactly "like the boy 10 months earlier" that boy cooperated and was released. This sadly was not the case with Jacob, something was different about this abduction, or as Patty Wetterling theorized "something went terribly wrong". Fighting back or resisting could have been that trigger which escalated an abduction and sexual assault to murder.

If cases #6 - #9 are any indication of what happened, then there seems to be a clear case of escalating behavior, and incidents all fairly close together. The police were probably watching, knowing that it was going to result in an abduction and murder of a boy close to the age of 11. The child before Jacob was left alive, and he was not - part of the escalation of violence.

See pg 3 of the pdf:
http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Danny Heinrich Search Warrant July 2015.pdf

There doesn't seem to be much question about the MO. The suspect has no history of killing a child during an abduction or attempted abduction, but he does have plenty of practice abducting a young boy - including one who was not alone. Like the most recent case prior to the abduction of Jacob, Jacob very likely went through the same experience as the previous child with the exception that he was killed and buried. We hear all the time that, with violent offenders, they need to take it one step further than before to get the same high.

(BBM). We have absolutely no evidence either for or against his history of doing anything with a child prior to this. He could have easily killed other children before and or after this. We just don't know about it yet.

I've never seen Boston but I do know it exists.

Based on his M.O. (and part of the reason why I've stressed his lack of impulse control) was that he attacked immediately. He didn't wait.

Do you mean that he caught his victims off-guard? One child was knocked off his bicycle, another was camping with friends, and yet another was walking home. Danny engaged in conversation with the child who was walking, which was sufficient for him to grab the child, force him into his vehicle, and drive away. When he attacked the cyclist, he jumped out of bushes. He used a knife in one abduction and claimed to have a gun, during another he had what appeared to be a silver handgun.

Those trees either weren't there or were just sapplings when this happened. I'm placing my bets on DH was working for this farmer at the time and that's how he felt bold enough to be on that land.

Yes, or Jacob was running. With DH's poor impulse control I doubt he cared much about being seen or heard, esp. when panicked.

Do you mean that he caught his victims off-guard? One child was knocked off his bicycle, another was camping with friends, and yet another was walking home. Danny engaged in conversation with the child who was walking, which was sufficient for him to grab the child, force him into his vehicle, and drive away. When he attacked the cyclist, he jumped out of bushes. He used a knife in one abduction and claimed to have a gun, during another he had what appeared to be a silver handgun.

Just trying not to be graphic. He sexually assaulted his victims immediately. They knew exactly what his intentions were within seconds. And so did the boys that were with Jacob that night. Jacob almost certainly knew after 30 minutes of sitting in the front seat of that car what DH was up to. That alone may have caused him to bolt from the car.

(BBM). We have absolutely no evidence either for or against his history of doing anything with a child prior to this. He could have easily killed other children before and or after this. We just don't know about it yet.

I've never seen Boston but I do know it exists.

Other than the documented escalating history of similar assaults on young boys in the two years prior to Jacob's abduction, no, there is no reason to believe that Danny Heinrich killed a child before Jacob. The assaults seem to be 3 months apart when the child before Jacob was abducted ... so it's quite possible that there might be another child between that Jan 1989 assault and the Oct 1989 abduction of Jacob, or it's possible that Danny was building his courage to go the next step 10 months later.

Just trying not to be graphic. He sexually assaulted his victims immediately. They knew exactly what his intentions were within seconds. And so did the boys that were with Jacob that night. Jacob almost certainly knew after 30 minutes of sitting in the front seat of that car what DH was up to. That alone may have caused him to bolt from the car.

The child who was abducted in January, 10 months prior to Jacob's abduction, was driven 10-15 minutes away and then assaulted. The child was able to describe much of the route.

The Jan child was not sitting in the front seat. He was instructed to put a stocking or something like that over his face and to lie down in the back seat. That is exactly what happened with Jacob. It worked, so the suspect was not going to change that part of the MO.

The child was told that there were child safety locks on the vehicle - as he lay in the back seat of the car.

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Danny Heinrich Search Warrant July 2015.pdf

Not all earlier victims were sexually assaulted. Incident no. 6 has two children running away, Incident no. 7 the camper got away, Incident no. 8 the cyclist was knocked over while delivering papers and then the suspect ran away, Incident no. 9 the January victim was walking home when he was taken off the street into a running vehicle - he was driven 10-15 minutes away and assaulted. It's clear, escalating behavior of a sexual predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum