Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there it is. But why Ramsey county? Were they the nearest agency with that capability?

Ramsey is the closest county with capability. Ramsey County and Hennepin County are the most resources in the state.

That JS site was never confirmed. It was conjecture.

995b52730b0d63203db25123640656ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

Via Google Earth: where they found Jacob's body (note: this image was taken long before they dug it up per Danny's information)

Maybe Jacob ran, so he shot. That was what he threatened them with, right? I think it's quite possible, IMO.

Why would he shoot although he may have. Jared saw him. He did not live around there so he could never go back to the area.

He wore a mask to not be recognized, but he was not famous, why was he so concerned about being recognized?

Nmogren...your signature just caught my eye...and while I know you don't have to be a parent to appreciate the magnitude of such a devastating loss, as a mother, I cannot imagine not being able to look into my child's eyes ever again because of the actions of a monster. I just feel crushed, deflated, torn. I think because of the huge message Patty spread, the amazing work achieved, it makes this case just so incredibly hard to accept. It's one of the few cases I've followed where an answer doesn't feel like enough.

attachment.php

Via Google Earth: where they found Jacob's body (note: this image was taken long before they dug it up per Danny's information)

Is that a home and farm nearby? If so was the home there when it occurred? If it was, he was mighty ballsy. He could have been so easily seen.
It's shocking he hadn't been accidentally found by now.
My heart just breaks for his family. :( I can't even imagine.

Nmogren...your signature just caught my eye...and while I know you don't have to be a parent to appreciate the magnitude of such a devastating loss, as a mother, I cannot imagine not being able to look into my child's eyes ever again because of the actions of a monster. I just feel crushed, deflated, torn. I think because of the huge message Patty spread, the amazing work achieved, it makes this case just so incredibly hard to accept. It's one of the few cases I've followed where an answer doesn't feel like enough.

Agreed, I have been very heavy and somber the last 2 days. Finding him doesn't seem to be enough. Having his killer behind bars doesn't seem to be enough.

Is that a home and farm nearby? If so was the home there when it occurred? If it was, he was mighty ballsy. He could have been so easily seen.
It's shocking he hadn't been accidentally found by now.
My heart just breaks for his family. :( I can't even imagine.

This is a super wild guess but it looks a lot like the Rassier farm setup. I can't help but (now) wonder if Danny planned to assult Jacob around the Rassier farm, drove him up there only to realize Dan was home (and their dog Smokey was barking) then thought of something similiar 25 miles away....

...but who knows if that farm where Jacob was found was in existence in 1989??! It could've been just fields or....

What intrigues me is the distance he travelled to abduct a child. It seems that he travelled roughly 20 miles to abduct, and then essentially buried Jacob in his back yard (in terms of distance). Is it possible that he intended to kill a victim after the other child was abducted 9-10 months earlier?

I can't forget the cousins Lyric and Elizabeth from Evansdale who were abducted and found months later roughly 20 miles away. Is it possible that their abductor lives very close to where the bodies were found?

Frustratingly, no. I don't believe any details are out yet. Authorities may release more info early this week I hope.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe that any real "details' of what happened to this precious child will come out. Oh, I suppose the evil scum that did this to him could have a "come to Jesus" moment, and feel he should confess all of his sins. If he does though, I hope it is to a priest. And God Bless the dear priest who has to hear it. I know I am one who doesn't want to know all of the horrid details. JMO

Agreed, I have been very heavy and somber the last 2 days. Finding him doesn't seem to be enough. Having his killer behind bars doesn't seem to be enough.

I know it seems childish, but I just wish there was a way to make things right. Of course, I know, with the finding of Jacob, nothing can ever make it right, I just don't want to accept that. This case just hurts. I keep refreshing, hoping to read the one thing that makes this seem better. For now I'm just trying to focus on the fact that the Wetterlings know, Jacob is no longer lost, and someone finally spoke the truth, at least in part. I truly hope and pray that the Wetterling family and all those who loved Jacob can find some form of peace and still cling to hope they will still one day look him in the eyes. God bless them.

This is a super wild guess but it looks a lot like the Rassier farm setup. I can't help but (now) wonder if Danny planned to assult Jacob around the Rassier farm, drove him up there only to realize Dan was home (and their dog Smokey was barking) then thought of something similiar 25 miles away....

...but who knows if that farm where Jacob was found was in existence in 1989??! It could've been just fields or....

Is that the man who was a "person of interest" in 2010? If so, I think I read that Jacob was abducted near the driveway of the previous suspect. In that case, police dug holes in the property looking for Jacob. Police were mistaken.

The property where Jacob was found is 20 miles from where he was abducted.

I know it seems childish, but I just wish there was a way to make things right. Of course, I know, with the finding of Jacob, nothing can ever make it right, I just don't want to accept that. This case just hurts. I keep refreshing, hoping to read the one thing that makes this seem better. For now I'm just trying to focus on the fact that the Wetterlings know, Jacob is no longer lost, and someone finally spoke the truth, at least in part. I truly hope and pray that the Wetterling family and all those who loved Jacob can find some form of peace and still cling to hope they will still one day look him in the eyes. God bless them.

Amen.

It seems like he might have been in the copse of trees? I imagine back 27 years ago there were no trees or tiny trees?

As someone who,is an avid gardener, digging where there are tree roots is a very difficult job. How did he do it? And if it is in the trees , how did he get there? If it is your own property, that is one thing. But going on someone else's property and digging? Too bizarre and beyond bold!

Midwestern farmers will let trees grow at the edges of their fields to keep the wind down and in previous year to provide a fuel source for the wood stove or fireplace. It's basically a strip of natural woods, 27 years ago the trees that are there now may have been smaller or nonexistent but there would have been other trees. Unless a farmer wants to chop wood (and I imagine now if they even have a wood stove most farmers have enough work to do and just buy it), there's little reason for them to muck around back there so it doesn't surprise me that no one spotted fresh digging that they didn't do.

Thanks but I've already read all that.

Your statement was "The whole story has not been verified, however his DNA was discovered on JW's clothes"

My question was: When was it reported that his DNA was found on JW's clothes.

The reason I ask is because I find it hard to believe since the DNA from the remains isn't even back yet so how could the DNA from the clothes be back already?

IIRC, the DNA from Heinrich's hair, was from the other little boy was found. 26 years ago, yet it for some reason was "lost" or "forgotten" about all that time? Little Jacob was identified via dental and from clothing, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow