Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.people.com/article/jacob-wetterling-mom-patty-statement-death-remains-found
[h=1]Jacob Wetterling's Grieving Mom Asks Others to 'Create Joy' to 'Bring Me Comfort Today'[/h]
By Jeff Truesdell
09/05/2016 AT 06:05 PM EDT

As his family grieves the newly confirmed death of Jacob Wetterling, the Minnesota boy who was abducted nearly 27 years ago, his mother is finding strength by encouraging others to spread joy wherever they can.

"Everyone wants to know what they can do to help us," Patty Wetterling posted Monday on the Facebook page of the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center – two days after she confirmed that remains were found of her son, then 11, who disappeared in 1989.

"Say a prayer," Patty wrote Monday, atop a list of supportive and life-affirming activities.

"Light a candle. Be with friends. Play with your children. Giggle. Hold hands. Eat ice cream. Create joy. Help your neighbor."

"That is what will bring me comfort today," she concluded, after introducing her post by writing, "The Wetterlings are deeply grieving and are pulling our family together. We will be eager to talk to media as soon as we are able."
attachment.php

Jacob Wetterling's last birthday party before he disappeared in 1989

Attachments

• jacob-banner-a-435.jpg
    jacob-banner-a-435.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 360
:modstop:

A lot of posts have been removed due to arguing (maybe more when I get finished reviewing).

Any further arguing or bickering the likes of what has gone on WILL result in TimeOuts. No more warnings.

:wave:

<modsnip> I wondered why he was killed and previous boys were let go. And I wondered if it was because he fought back. That does NOT mean I 'blamed' the victim. In fact, it is the opposite.

I have always told my kids that they should NEVER let an abductor take them anywhere ---they should scream and fight right there. And I would do the same thing myself. If they are going to kill me, do it right there in the parking lot, not at their leisure back in their basement.

So, YES, I wondered if his death happened quickly because he fought back. But rather than 'blaming' that poor child, I applaud him and admire him for fighting back to try and save himself. [ If in fact it happened that way.]

<modsnip> I stand by my convictions that it is better to try and escape if one sees the chance, if you are being taken away in a car by force. It can only go downhill from there.

<modsnip>

<modsnip> I wondered why he was killed and previous boys were let go. And I wondered if it was because he fought back. That does NOT mean I 'blamed' the victim. In fact, it is the opposite.

I have always told my kids that they should NEVER let an abductor take them anywhere ---they should scream and fight right there. And I would do the same thing myself. If they are going to kill me, do it right there in the parking lot, not at their leisure back in their basement.

So, YES, I wondered if his death happened quickly because he fought back. But rather than 'blaming' that poor child, I applaud him and admire him for fighting back to try and save himself. [ If in fact it happened that way.]

<modsnip> I stand by my convictions that it is better to try and escape if one sees the chance, if you are being taken away in a car by force. It can only go downhill from there.

<modsnip>

We know from the search warrant that the suspect escalated from tackling several children to abducting at least one child (the child survived the assault) and then 10 months later an abducted child did not survive an assault. Each time the suspect refined his skills, and each time a more dangerous weapon was used. I don't think an 11 year old had a chance against an armed, trained military man who had plans for that child. Just like so many other sexual predators, I think this was by the book: abducted, taken to a remote location, assaulted, murdered, hidden.

I would say the exact same thing if I were in Patty's shoes. It's like the time I knew a neighbors housekeeper had stolen my Yorkie puppy. I contacted the police and a pet detective. They told me "Even though you know this person stole your puppy. If you want to see her again, if you want to get information on her whereabouts, never mention she was stolen, never mention you called the police. Put up signs saying she is lost and you just want her home with a reward offer." I bit my tongue and I put up the signs and I offered a reward and when I talked to the neighbors I never mentioned I knew she was stolen. I ended up standing in a parking lot handing the housekeeper $500 in exchange for the puppy she stole. It sucked but what was important was I got my puppy back.

When the FBI coaches kidnap victims families they tell them to act kind to the perp. Say they just want their child back or information about their child, no questions asked. The last thing you want to do is anger the perp. You hope and wish you can some how reach the part of them that is human and has a consciousness. Patty was doing that and she always did it very well.

Interesting. To add to some others who quoted Patty Wetterling, her comments (the CNN article) were made prior to the recovery of her sons remains - they were not directed at Heinrich after his arrest. I think the only person she ever confronted in person, though in a very controlled manner, was Dan Rassier, the farmer who was named as a POI.
But, as to whether to fight back or to instead appease an attacker, such as a rapist, their psychology may respond adversely to either one depending on their motivation. Some wish to cause fear, others are angered more by compliance. Psycopaths have no conscience, and will not respond to emotional appeals, so that is a lost cause.
Since there is no one solution - if any, given that a victim may be physically overpowered - then using your wits is the only resort. And maybe self-defense classes.
I would personally always suggest fighting for your life with everything you've got. The alternative is worse.

My theory of what happened the night Jacob was abducted: I don't think Heinrich had intended to kill Jacob that night but he panicked when his portable police scanner (which I'm going to assume he had in his car that night) started to broadcast the abduction and he got scared and realized he had made a highly impulsive mistake by abducting Jacob while leaving two witnesses behind to report what had happened so he ended up killing Jacob in a panic. I highly doubt Heinrich had a shovel in his car that night so he probably drove back to Paynesville (with Jacob's body) to get one and he then drove in a hurry (he was probably too panicked with all the police activity to drive a long distance outside of Paynesville with Jacob's body in the car) to the nearest rural area/farm outside of town to bury Jacob. I think if Jacob had been travelling alone that night with no witnesses to the abduction he may have let Jacob go afterward like he did with Jared.

image.jpg

IF Dan indeed saw Jacob in the car that night w/his hands cupped over his eyes, I think one can assume
a) he was told to do so under duress and
b) he was cooperating under duress

Source: Joy Baker's blog, "Dan's Story"

Somewhat lost in all these discussions, especially as speculation has increased dramatically since Jacob's remains were recovered, is the amazing and admirable resolve that Patty Wetterling, her husband, and Jacob's three siblings have shown for the past 27 years in their focus on preventing the sexual abuse and abduction of children, so that - hopefully - fewer families will have to go through what they have. Rest in peace, Jacob. I trust that God will see that justice is done in your name.

Attachments

• wetterling.jpg
    wetterling.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 106
View attachment 100813

IF Dan indeed saw Jacob in the car that night w/his hands cupped over his eyes, I think one can assume
a) he was told to do so under duress and
b) he was cooperating under duress

Source: Joy Baker's blog, "Dan's Story"

Yea, all this stuff is hard to read now. So, why do you suppose he would ask him (assuming that is accurate) to cover his ears but not his eyes? What did he not want him to hear? Scanner?

LOL correction, I see it was his eyes.

It's confusing b/c she wrote "starring out the window with his hands cupped over his eyes"

...I presume she meant "facing the window"

Indeed super tough to go back and read it now...but I think necessary in order to learn what went wrong in this massive investigation

It's confusing b/c she wrote "starring out the window with his hands cupped over his eyes"

...I presume she meant "facing the window"

Indeed super tough to go back and read it now...but I think necessary in order to learn what went wrong in this massive investigation

I think that is what tricked me, and the fact that I'm tired. Yea, he could have been ordered to turn away from DH.

The area behind the farm 'compound' can be seen from this different angle (the burial site is in the tree line). It shows how much room DH had to approach that site without being seen. Hard to say from what direction DH and J.E.W. came.

view_Of_Remains_Site_From_276th_Av_001.png

Not sure if this has been discussed but I know he was in the military. Where was he stationed? Was it overseas? The reason I ask is that he had to have been practicing his MO and I'd be interested to know if there were unsolved cases similar to this in other countries possibly. Where the chances of getting caught could be lessened.

Not sure if this has been discussed but I know he was in the military. Where was he stationed? Was it overseas? The reason I ask is that he had to have been practicing his MO and I'd be interested to know if there were unsolved cases similar to this in other countries possibly. Where the chances of getting caught could be lessened.

He was in the Guard. I,think,they train a couple of weekends a month at Fort Ripley would it be?

4595159e22d4e7694239dd7f34eede92.jpg

I feel the photo in the upper left corner looks a lot like the sketch except he was not wearing glasses in the sketch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

https://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/danny-heinrich.jpg?w=1500

There is a sketch of a guy who was approaching kids driving a tan van. It looks just like,him but those pics of,him with glasses with the drk frames are when he was in high school.

It is really weird because if someone put.put a bunch of pics and told me to match up,the ones that are him, I would not choose all of those pics postsd. He looks so totally different in some of them.

Someone wrote earlier that if the Wetterling family was okay with the plea deal, they were fine with it. I think it is so right to have that sentiment.

I am so surprised by the anger that continues to rise up in me about this case. I don't think that there was any one factor that precluded this monster from being hunted. But, I feel furious that anyone had to make a deal with this (or, any) monster to get their child back. Now, he will likely live out his life protected from abuse and, probably, sexual attacks---- the same kind that he perpetrated on these innocent children. I would never wish rape or harm to another human being but I am interested that this piece of garbage refused to give peace of mind to this family without ensuring his own comfort.

We need to do better at protecting our children from monsters, the ones they know and the ones they don't know.

I know that the good people----- the Wetterlings--- will have the closure that is needed and have a proper resting place for Jacob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966