Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good idea, but we can't print what we find on here cuz of TOS. Just about the monster
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "TOS" and why can't we post additional info found out about this monster?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think TOS means Terms of Service?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "TOS" and why can't we post additional info found out about this monster?

Hi HoneySugar,

All members are required to familiarize themselves with, and post in accordance with, the Websleuths Terms of Service (TOS, aka The Rules) found here.

Hope that helps.

Has anyone created a map from a historical aerial map that shows the location of the "gravel pit", burial site #1, construction company, burial site#2? I saw some coordinates posted, but I was wondering if anyone had made a map with labels in these areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paynesville Victims Step Into The Spotight In Honor Of ‘Jacob’s Hope’
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/09/09/paynesville-victims-jacobs-hope/

I am in awe of the courage and fortitude the monster's survivors have. I wish we could get the world to stop calling them victims but, rather, call them survivors. They may have been victimized but their most important title is actually survivor. They will never be able to answer why Jacob was killed b/c the monster won't tell. But, they each survived and that is a miracle.

Heinrich court transcript, Page 20 line 20 ([bracketed opinions], italics, bold, and underlines are mine)

MR.SCHLEICHER: Okay. And where specifically in Paynesville did you go?

THE DEFENDANT: I went to that -- when I got to Paynesville, before I got to Paynesville, I turned on the sewage pond road. [road used to be straight @45.386344, -94.691575 , and went all the way to the sewage pond in 1989 before the 23 bypass was put in].[/] About 100 yards up that road, there is an approach [@45.387308, -94.691619] and -- to a field next to a grove of trees.[marks eastern edge of this former (1989) grove of trees (can be seen with historicaerials.com@45.387571, -94.692767]

MR.SCHLEICHER: And this area, is there also a gravel pit in the area.

THE DEFENDANT: There was then yes.[@45.390911, -94.698505]

MR.SCHLEICHER: This was an area with which you were familiar, is that right?

THE DEFENDANT: Yes, it is.

MR.SCHLEICHER: What happened when you pulled the vehicle into the area near the gravel pit?

THE DEFENDANT: I drove as close as I could to a grove of trees. I stopped the car. [~@45.390911, -94.698505] I got out. I opened the door for Jacob. I unhandcuffed him. I took him over to the grove of trees.[~@45.387502, -94.692701 ~75-100ft. NE from car]

[skipping ahead to page 23 of transcript]

THE DEFENDANT: Yes. On the way back to the car, there was a patrol car that came down the road with no siren with its lights, and it headed east on Paynesville. [I think he could have meant "coming from the east on into Paynesville", but no matter - either way the view of this type of event would be easy to picture from @45.387457, -94.692632]

MR.SCHLEICHER: After a couple of hours passed, did you return to the gravel pit area where Jacob Wetterling was lying? [~@45.387457, -94.692632]

THE DEFENDANT: Yes, I did.

MR.SCHLEICHER: What did you do?

THE DEFENDANT: I dragged him off about 100 yards off to the north of the site where I shot him. [~@45.388063, -94.692714 some larger hardwood trees were growing there in 1989, all gone now]

MR.SCHLEICHER: What was your purpose in returning to the site?

THE DEFENDANT: To bury him.

MR. SCHLEICHER: Can you describe the area please?

THE DEFENDANT: It would be to the north of the, of the -- where I shot him. 100 yards to the north, northwest -- northeast. Correction.
[Heinrich seems a little confused here about the exact orientation (N/NW/NE), maybe because old 23 is his incorrect E/W reference, and the treeline there does not run perpendicular to that.].....I remembered there was a construction company next door [@45.388508, -94.686457].......I turned the lights on to find out where I had left him, and I found him, and I dug a grave with the Bobcat at that site.

[IMO based on above~@45.388063, -94.692714 ]

If this is the gravel pit in question, and if your coordinates are more or less correct, what does the gravel pit have to do with anything? It is not even that close to where the events took place. (I know you aren't the one who brought up the gravel pit, and that it was the attorney and DH). The events don't look like they really took place next to the gravel pit. If I am seeing this location you pointed out correctly, the "gravel pit" is now a retention pond.

All week, while these details have been discussed, I have been incredibly busy at work and not able to keep up with yall on this. I apologize if this has already been discussed in great detail. Just now trying to make sense of these locations.

Has anyone created a map from a historical aerial map that shows the location of the "gravel pit", burial site #1, construction company, burial site#2? I saw some coordinates posted, but I was wondering if anyone had made a map with labels in these areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that the "gravel pit", as a verbal description, isn't very definitive. I cannot find in any of the images anything that definitively looks like a gravel pit. It would require someone intimately familiar with the area through the years from 1989 to present to answer that part.

Having said that, I've put together a sequence of images that I think is the best fit match to the publicly available information. It seems to be the most likely locations based on DH's testimony and other facts we have.

best_Fit_Layout_1991_001.pngbest_Fit_Layout_1991_002.pngbest_Fit_Layout_2003_003.pngbest_Fit_Layout_2003_004.png

That looks like a gravel pit to me at the top...with the area north of it being burial site #1 (now part of the bypass). I've been looking at aerial views of this for the past two hours. =/ Some years, it looks like a gravel pit or even more like a dirt pit. Like dirt from digging the area that is now the retention pond. Looks like bulldozer and truck tiremarks all over the place, which makes sense to me.

What confused me was the coordinates I was using from a previous post showed the "gravel pit" right in the middle of that crater/retention pond, not where your gravel pit is. Makes sense now.

We can put monster info but not relatives

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153752407377633&id=164298202632

Missing Children Minnesota

We've been haunted by the question: "What did I do wrong?" (What to tell your kids - more at link. Empasis on Jacob did NOTHING wrong. Victims are not in the wrong).

[video=twitter;773371484941066240]https://twitter.com/MissingChildMN/status/773371484941066240[/video]

@MissingChildMN

Tell your kids the answer to Jacob's question: Jacob did NOTHING wrong. Criminals are to blame for crime. Say it until they know it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Don't you think he asked that because he was chosen instead of either of the two other boys? I don't think he meant, in general.

Looks to be the location of a "Gravel Pit - Active" according to Minnesota DOT...in the "County Pit Maps" section of their site.

"These maps show the locations of gravel pits, rock quarries and commercial aggregate sources. They have not been updated, however, since 2003 and will no longer be updated. "

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/materials/maps/copitmaps/stearns1.pdf

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gravel pits Stearns1.jpg
    Gravel pits Stearns1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 172
There is a gate going into the area now. The pond is behind these trees. Image from 2014
attachment.php

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 175
I wonder what would be required to take some cadaver dogs out in that area and just follow them and see what they find. I'm sure search warrants and such would be needed but I bet you that farm owner wouldn't mind one bit. I think it would be a valuable task. Might find more of his playground.

I wonder what would be required to take some cadaver dogs out in that area and just follow them and see what they find. I'm sure search warrants and such would be needed but I bet you that farm owner wouldn't mind one bit. I think it would be a valuable task. Might find more of his playground.

If they found a body on or near my property, I would seek this for my own peace of mind. There's no telling. Maybe he's used this remote area before.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but new podcast In The Dark is covering the JW case and the new developments. Two episodes so far and pretty good.

If they found a body on or near my property, I would seek this for my own peace of mind. There's no telling. Maybe he's used this remote area before.

ME TOO. I'd let them check and double check my property just so I could sleep at night without worrying.

I am in awe of the courage and fortitude the monster's survivors have. I wish we could get the world to stop calling them victims but, rather, call them survivors. They may have been victimized but their most important title is actually survivor. They will never be able to answer why Jacob was killed b/c the monster won't tell. But, they each survived and that is a miracle.

Dear Kaen,

You write so beautifully and honestly. For survivors to come forward and share what knowledge and insight they have is truly a gift which
saves others' lives. They are not only survivors but heroes.

Thank you for your genuine compassion and kindness. Your post gives us all hope. And I agree, there are miracles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back