Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all make of the fact LE has not been in contact with them? I realize there is no confirmation this is Hailey, but IMO, it speaks volumes!
Either they're waiting for the official I.D. (or arguing over whose jurisdiction it is and who will hold the press conference)...

Or LE has been in contact with the 2 attorneys. So technically, it's true.

Just speculation (and a bit of sarcasm)!

ETA: I like Ricki's answer better.

GRACE: Now, was that when you looked in her room and it is was dark and you thought she was lying in her bed?

BILLIE DUNN: I did see her in her room, but I saw her watching TV. Monday morning, I looked in her room and it was dark and it looked look she was laying in bed. But I didn`t go touch her, make sure that was her. I just peeked in to make sure she was in bed to ease my mind and...

GRACE: And so no one for sure saw Hailey from, like -- that was 6:00 AM in the morning when you left...

BILLIE DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: ... until the boyfriend gets home and he says she`s there at 3:0 o`clock and then she leaves at 3:15. So if you were not correct at 6:00 AM, for all I know, she`s been gone since 5:00 AM in the morning.

BILLIE DUNN: Right.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../12/ng.01.html

SORRY, for posting this same quote again, but one more weird thing about her wording comes to mind. BBM

Billie says she didn't ' TOUCH HER' to see if it was Hailey. HUH? How would touching her tell who it was ? It wouldn't.
But it would tell you if the body was alive or dead, and notice that she didn't do that. Just in case....

Thank you! That comment by BD made me skin crawly but I couldn't figure out why. You said it just right. Now, I know.

My opinion is LE is going to carefully observe both Billie and Shawn with out them knowing when, where or how.

watch and wait for them to do anything bizaarre........
so many try to run like scott p and his golfing before mexico
strange that SA went to area to look....no link, someone posted earlier.
FBI knows their stuff and I'm sure they are on these 2.

Somebody brought up on here about the time BD snapped at some searchers during their appreciation dinner or whatever it was called. I remember that. Something specific that I remember is Billie snapping bc they showed video of the searchers searching in dirt and the likes. I remember thinking wow that's strange, bet Haileys's found in shallow dry dirt. I based that on her mother's reaction to that video shown at the dinner. Yeah, funny how that played out, huh?

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/03/no-headline---missing_girl_folo/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Billie Dunn said her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey, who reportedly was last seen at 3:15 p.m. Dec. 27.
Adkins, who lives with Billie Dunn, Hailey, and Billie’s 16-year-old son, reportedly said Hailey told him she was going to stop by her father’s house, which is in walking distance of their home, and then was planning to spend the night with a friend.

Billie Dunn said she and her daughter had the usual parent-teen arguments, but the last time she had seen her daughter, she was in good spirits.

“I don’t know what to think,” she said. “I hope she’s just scared to come home.”

Adkins, her boyfriend, said he didn’t believe Hailey had run away.

“I feel like it’s an abduction,” he said, adding that a number of sex offenders live in the community.

“I just hope someone out there has heard something or seen her. We just want her to come home. We want this nightmare to end,” Adkins said.

So right from the start Shawn was pushing the abduction by an RSO angle. I wonder why he didn't just want it to be considered a runaway? You would think that would help him. Unless she was found wrapped in a garbage bag I suppose...

Nancy also said that when Hailey went missing, the company that owned the land where she was found was American Limestone. She also said it was gated but left unlocked. Why? Is she saying it was left unlocked back then or left unlocked now under new owners of that land?

Hi Jersey♥ ! Yesterday I read that the owner had said the gates where sometimes left unlocked in the past, I believe it was Big country news site, I'll see if I can find the link for you.

Somebody brought up on here about the time BD snapped at some searchers during their appreciation dinner or whatever it was called. I remember that. Something specific that I remember is Billie snapping bc they showed video of the searchers searching in dirt and the likes. I remember thinking wow that's strange, bet Haileys's found in shallow dry dirt. I based that on her mother's reaction to that video shown at the dinner. Yeah, funny how that played out, huh?

Kinda like Cindy Anthony saying Caylee was not in the woods.

she didn't like them looking in ugly places..............:banghead:
she was NOT invited IIRC

I just realized something. In the WS Radio interview with BD, we learned that LE has photo's of Hailey taken while she played games on the X-Box that night.

I have always believed she died that night. I wonder if there were clothes on the remains? If yes and they are the same as in the photo's, BD & SA are as good as convicted.

Sources close to the investigation say the hair color and height of the remains match Hailey's description. We're told evidence found at the scene could link it to Hailey as well.

Desert Tanks employee Heath Acrey says his employees found the remains around 2:30 Tuesday afternoon on the 2500 block of Apron Drive. Workers placed a fuel tank over the remains to preserve the body until the scene was secured. The area is mainly concrete, dirt and grass.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17205156/fbi-to-investigate-human-remains-found-near-big-spring-airport
LE may also be able to match trace evidence from the site the remains were found in, back to Billies car.

Where is the list of items they seized from that car?

ETA, Here it is- http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html

Electric tape, evidence filters and debris on a sterile sheet were among the items seized from the trunk of Billie Jean Dunn's car last Friday. KTXS reported the seizure of that car on Jan. 7.

Inventory sheets from investigators have been returned to the Mitchell County Judge Ray Mayo. These were obtained today by KTXS through the Freedom of Information Act. Investigators must legally submit what was taken after using a search warrant.

The following property was seized from the Dunn's white 2000 Chevrolet Lumina: – Two rolls of black electrical tape – One plastic purple cigarette lighter – Six 3M trace evidence collection filters with trace evidence from vehicle – Miscellaneous papers – One sterile sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle. A sterile sheet if often used by law enforcement to collect evidence without contaminating it. It's not known why those items were taken, and the Texas Rangers have been very tight-lipped as the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance continues.

I found it... http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=480412

"It is being reported that American Limestone did not keep their gates locked, often leaving them open"

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/03/no-headline---missing_girl_folo/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Billie Dunn said her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey, who reportedly was last seen at 3:15 p.m. Dec. 27.
Adkins, who lives with Billie Dunn, Hailey, and Billie’s 16-year-old son, reportedly said Hailey told him she was going to stop by her father’s house, which is in walking distance of their home, and then was planning to spend the night with a friend.

Billie Dunn said she and her daughter had the usual parent-teen arguments, but the last time she had seen her daughter, she was in good spirits.

“I don’t know what to think,” she said. “I hope she’s just scared to come home.”

“I feel like it’s an abduction,” he said, adding that a number of sex offenders live in the community.

“I just hope someone out there has heard something or seen her. We just want her to come home. We want this nightmare to end,” Adkins said.

So right from the start Shawn was pushing the abduction by an RSO angle. I wonder why he didn't just want it to be considered a runaway? You would think that would help him. Unless she was found wrapped in a garbage bag I suppose...

I don't think that intelligence can be ascribed to BD/SA. I think it is a case of low-life criminal mentality. IMHO

Wrapped in a sheet & stuffed in a trash bag rings familiarity to me, somebody that "cared" for Hailey. Would SA have taken the tine to 'swaddle' Hailey, or would BD? I'm fairly certain a normal sex offender that's a stranger to Hailey wouldn't take the time to wrap her up before disposing her body.

watch and wait for them to do anything bizaarre........
so many try to run like scott p and his golfing before mexico
strange that SA went to area to look....no link, someone posted earlier.
FBI knows their stuff and I'm sure they are on these 2.
BBM.

If you're referring to SA going to the "area" (I don't think that means the place where the remains were found, but the general area of CC/etc.) since the discovery, and being with family and friends...coupled with his "recent" attorney visiting the site...maybe he thinks he will be arrested soon. Just speculation but maybe he wants to help get some stories straight, get affairs in order, or simply spend time with certain people.

if we pull apart the important words BD/SA say:
good spirits.........drugs?
arguments???
last person to see Hailey SA......burial?
she's just scared..........:what:
abduction.....by who? SA!
sex offenders...........SA/BD?
nightmare to be over......getting his wish :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics