Remains found in Big Spring

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she be in one of the tanks and the flags are evidence?

I dont think so.

The workers removed a lid from the tank and placed it over the remains until the FBI could come.

The flags are probably where scattered bones were found.

Did the company that Shawn worked for have business dealings with American Limestone?

living so close and being a hunter I am positive that SA KNEW everything about this area.
As a teen he may have partied there?
Kids find places like kc........and her familiar burial grounds ...............
a safe deserted type place and searchers never went there???
ODD:moo:

Colorado City Police Chief Roy Owens said no one from his department is at the scene at McMahon Wrinkle Airpark, where body remains were found Tuesday afternoon and several law enforcement agencies are investigating this morning.

Interest is high because Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn was reported missing in late December 2010 and has not been found. Big Spring is about 40 miles west of Colorado City.

"No, I don’t have anyone over there," Owens said. "Until they discover that there’s any connection and until we know what the gender is, and all the details, we’re not going to head out over there. We want to stay out of their way by all means."

Owens said he has not been in contact with any of Dunn’s family members as of 9:20 a.m., but said he was going to return a call to her great aunt, who left a message at his office.

"I don’t have any contact information for the mother, or anyone else," he said. "We may be able to contact Haliey’s dad, Clint (Dunn). ... But I don’t know if he still lives here."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/mar/21/big-spring-body-remains-law-enforcement-presence-e/

omg! are you KIDDING ME??? He doesn't even have contact info for Hailey's family??? I am so glad the fbi that is on Hailey's case are there... most likely it is out of CC's hands anyway... and also mitchell county is there.... so CC must be out of the investigation at this point imhoo

oops... sorry for that little rant :eek:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/mar/21/big-spring-body-remains-law-enforcement-presence-e/

Apparently, Colorado City Police Chief Roy Owens hasn't been keeping in contact with either of Hailey's parents.

"I don’t have any contact information for the mother, or anyone else," he said. "We may be able to contact Haliey’s dad, Clint (Dunn). ... But I don’t know if he still lives here."

ETA: Nurse & I were reading the same article @ the same time. I'm outraged, as well. I can't believe that the C-City Police Chief doesn't have contact info for Hailey's parents! For crying out loud!

Has anyone seen any media or LE press release on any press conferences scheduled? Just wondering how long we will have to sit and wait for any type of confirmation. Although with all this LE activity and the calling of LE that were directly involved in the investigation tells me this is her.

JMHO

From article:

"We are also told that at the time of Hailey Dunn's disappearance the land Desert Tanks owns was owned by a company called American Limestone.

American Limestone is said to have not kept their gates locked and often left them open. Because the area was gated, investigators are said to have never searched the area after Dunn's disappearance."

ETA Nurse beat me to it!

Why does this not suprise me at all...how much of an effort would it have taken LE to ask for permission to search their property for a missing child?

omg! are you KIDDING ME??? He doesn't even have contact info for Hailey's family??? I am so glad the fbi that is on Hailey's case are there... most likely it is out of CC's hands anyway... and also mitchell county is there.... so CC must be out of the investigation at this point imhoo

I'm not surprised. When Billie was on Websleuths Radio recently, she said she doesn't speak to the local LE, only the FBI.

:banghead: How could LE lose contact numbers addy's???
and aren't any of the family members calling in for info on a regular basis?
I would be sleeping at the sherrif's office!

Ok then this area is just south of where we have the marker on the google map. I zoomed in on an area that looked like it had large rectangular slabs of rock stored on it at the time the sat photo was taken.

I think we're looking at the grey building with the little access road just to the north of it. There are cars around it in the Google sat. image. Red truck positioned on the apron, pointing right at it. If you look at the back of the property (even with the end of the access road) , those white objects are oil field tanks.

American Limestone CO

Own This Business?

Edit Company Info
2515 Apron Drive
Big Spring, TX 79720-7812 map

Ads

Greenhorn Geologic Study DJ Basin Formation Tops, Logs, Maps The next big oil play in America? www.discovery-group.com

About American Limestone CO

padlock icon Join Free to View

|

Phone:
(432) 267-3907

Business Categories
Wholesale Lime and Limestone in Big Spring, TX
Whol Brick/Stone Material Crushed/Broken Limestone
Crushed & Broken Limestone Mining

American Limestone CO in Big Spring, TX is a private company categorized under Wholesale Lime and Limestone. Our records show it was established in and incorporated in Texas. Register for free to see additional information such as annual revenue and employment figures.

Products or Services: Limestone Floor.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm5086c/american-limestone-co

living so close and being a hunter I am positive that SA KNEW everything about this area.
As a teen he may have partied there?
Kids find places like kc........and her familiar burial grounds ...............
a safe deserted type place and searchers never went there???
ODD:moo:
Wow , thinking back, where we partied is now a huge subdivision

I am not shocked. Every lie has a bit of truth and we have questioned LE's competence before.

Apparently, Colorado City Police Chief Roy Owens hasn't been keeping in contact with either of Hailey's parents.

ETA: Nurse & I were reading the same article @ the same time. I'm outraged, as well.
Outraged, but not shocked.
Has anyone seen any media or LE press release on any press conferences scheduled? Just wondering how long we will have to sit and wait for any type of confirmation. Although with all this LE activity and the calling of LE that were directly involved in the investigation tells me this is her.

JMHO

I wish. Is there anyway some lovely person could notify me by pm or yahoo im??:please:

I'm not surprised. When Billie was on Websleuths Radio recently, she said she doesn't speak to the local LE, only the FBI.

she might not speak to them... but I would expect them to at least have her contact info??? :eek:

Does anyone know if there is any live streaming ?

TIA !

Oh -- and thanks for the Twitter pics !

watching HLN and not a peep about any news of Big Springs.......I find that odd.
Why are they told to be quiet?
No cameras?
Something is up.........JMOO

she might not speak to them... but I would expect them to at least have her contact info??? :eek:

They can only have her contact info if she gives them the details. They gave her a phone so she could keep in contact with them..she had it disconnected..thats not there fault ;(

I wish. Is there anyway some lovely person could notify me by pm or yahoo im??:please:

I was thinking the same thing. I have to head out ... wishing someone could notify me on yahoo if there's any new info. We need a websleuths mobile notification page / system or something !!

I am reading the statement to indicate that BD and company have not opted to keep in touch with local LE. Which doesnt surprise me in the least. :(

The eneptitude and laziness of CCity police department has been mind boggling throughout this tragedy, IMHO it is a crime in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire