Remains found in Big Spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if this is Hailey, she was right there all along...I don't think SA would have the nerve to move her, especially to put her that close to his mother's house.

This makes sense to me. Remember all the times SA would sit on his mamma's porch and watch the searchers? If her body was on private gated property, I bet he was watching to make sure no one jumped a fence. he knew where she was and certainly didn't want the searchers to know.

I'd sure like to know if CC LE ever scoured this property?

MOO

Mel

I agree - I think this is good news because there will be tissue. They might even be able to tell if she was drugged. Certainly they will look for other DNA if she was inside a trash bag.

In addition, the dry conditions would also help with such things as fingerprints and other DNA within the bag.

Humidity/tropical conditions destroyed all such evidence for Angel Caylee.

How sandy is this area? Dry sand would do it.

Right now, West Texas has seen the worst dry conditions in history. We have had ridiculous wind storms for a month or so that kick up dust like you wouldn't believe. It is extremely sandy normally, but especially so because of our extreme drought.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...aw-enforcement-presence-e/?comments_id=320135

"
John Young, the Sweetwater attorney for Billie Jean Dunn, mother of missing teen Hailey Dunn, was seen near the site just before 10:30 a.m.
Young said law enforcement had not contacted the mother, who was last believed to be living in Travis County.
"Billie Jean Dunn is not an investigator, so we will wait until we hear from law enforcement," Young said, as to whether the connection of the remains is made to the teenager reported missing Dec. 28, 2010."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...aw-enforcement-presence-e/?comments_id=320135

"
John Young, the Sweetwater attorney for Billie Jean Dunn, mother of missing teen Hailey Dunn, was seen near the site just before 10:30 a.m.
Young said law enforcement had not contacted the mother, who was last believed to be living in Travis County.
"Billie Jean Dunn is not an investigator, so we will wait until we hear from law enforcement," Young said, as to whether the connection of the remains is made to the teenager reported missing Dec. 28, 2010."

What does this even mean? Why do defense attorneys always sound so stupid when things like this happen??? JMO

I am hoping at this very minute 2 people are hauled into the interragation room!
and FBI are in charge!

Body is mummified.................

Ok, questions -

How does this happen? What kind of conditions have to be in place?

I think its kinda obvious now that she wasn't just laying out on the ground - so........how does mummification happen to a body?

BBM I've been wondering the same since I first read that tidbit of information last night... Apparently dry heat and no humidity is the answer or at least thats what I am now thinking.. JMHO

How ironic and lucky that the killer chose a disposal method that would preserve a body and evidence.

I have been so sick; I just saw a blip on the t.v.so I knew to come here and see what all was going on.
Thank you all for all that you do! This just breaks my heart, o , if it is Hailey, I am thankful that she has been found. If not, I pray for who evers loved one it is.
O.K. I am going to try to catch up. :( By the way guys, HI!

Is the PC over?

At a quickly assembled media conference in a hangar at the McMahon Wrinkle Airpark, Sgt. Tony Everett of the Big Spring Police Department gave no new information on the investigation of human remains found Tuesday southeast of the airpark.

"We have no idea who it is," Everett said during the six-minute briefing. Asked point-blank if the remains were of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn, Everett said law enforcement "could not speculate" on identification.

What does this even mean? Why do defense attorneys always sound so stupid when things like this happen??? JMO

It sounds like he means nobody contacted Billie to tell her that the remains could be Hailey's and she doesn't have the experience to investigate whether or not this could be her daughter. In other words, he's pointing fingers at LE to put up or shut up. :twocents:

So far, KCBD is leading with the most new info as far as details about condition of the body. What they are reporting about the clothing match is good info IMO.
icon12.gif

About the Limestone company that used to oen the property...isn't lime a preservative? If the body was in a shallow grave and was washed up by the recent storms and high winds, I think that the lime must have helped to preserve things even after the trash bag began to fall apart.

(Heh heh, take that, you evil murderer. You dumped that poor girl in just the right place to nail your butt!)

Yes. I just watched a episode on ID the other night and the perp had spread lime on the body in hopes of faster deteroration and to cover the smell, but it helped to preserve it instead. I would think with all the dry arid air plus the limestone....she would certainly be mummified. That area is just about like AZ, imo. It seems to be hotter there more so than in NM.

Were the remains buried at one point and the rain unearthed them?I am confused.

His grandmother didn't live in Big Spring. His MOTHER lives/lived in Big Spring where a body has been found.

Thank you for pointing that out! I remember now, his mother's place was all wrapped up in his lie about using the computer and internet for job hunting that morning. (or getting rid of the child p., which is what I thought)

Ugh. The revulsion is rising up freshly again, what sorry pieces of humanity BD and SA are... IMO. :jail: :jail:

Regarding the state of the body: Given that she's mummified, it's likely the cause of death will be detectable. Also, if there's tearing/injuries from a sexual assault, that might be detectable as well. Poor Hailey... I think her little body has a full story to tell. Bless her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb