Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He will do it, friend, and without looking at a single note. It was masterful, that closing argument. I especially loved his rebuttal to Nurmi's closing where he pointed out how many facts of the case Nurmi was wrong on. Simple things like Nurmi claiming how impossible it would have been for Jodi to use a certain hand, "Have we forgot that the defendant testified she was ambidextrous? " Nurmi had it wrong what side of the head Travis was shot in. That gave Juan the opportunity to act it out..."She drug him down the hall into the bathroom, grabbed the gun off the counter and just shot him in the head for good measure. She killed him THREE TIMES OVER". My absolute FAVORITE, NOT JUST OF THIS CASE BUT ANY CLOSING I HAVE EVER SEEN is when Juan was able to capitalize on Nurmi's HUGE mistake he made about the gas cans. Nurmi argued in closing that what the hell....she could have returned that damn gas can to ANY WALMART along her long trip. "She never said it was to the same Walmart she bought it". Juan had a field day......because, Yes, Mr. Nurmi she did. Here ya go friends the clip of the day
http://youtu.be/AridRn61d3c

I just knew at that moment Juan Martinez is someone I would remember fondly, forever. He DOES NOT USE NOTES AND HE DOES NOT MISS A BEAT.

That was such a bad move by KN - I loved it. :D
Only a fool would try to lie to the jury on something they've actually heard and probably wrote down themselves.

There's a big legal anti-DP network, so if she gets death they could help out. (You've probably heard of the Innocence Project for example, though I guess they would not be involved with her unless they found ninja DNA at Travis's.) If she gets LWOP she'll tend to be more forgotten by these types.

In terms of non-legal support, there are goofballs like we see mentioned here occasionally or jail junkies of various types who might keep in touch with her. But again, if she's not on death row then some of the "charm" that attracts those sorts of creeps is not there perhaps.

At least that's how it seems to me.

Considering Jodi has confessed, and it's not a false confession, it's not likely the Innocence Project will get involved with her. And the bloody palm print was hers.

Frankly, I don't see any emotional abuse by Travis. It was only when Arias drove him to the brink that he reacted like the human being he was. Most of the time Travis was too good for his own good when it came to JA. And when manipulation is used that is a form of abuse, imo and Arias was the victimizer which also included stalking and that is another form of domestic violence abuse.

I think this younger jury wont think this was emotional abuse (heck I am 68 and don't think it is emotional abuse :)) but will think petty infighting is common occurrences in Arias and Travis' age group. I have no doubt that many on that jury have also had blowups and said things to others they may have wished they hadn't said but they feel that does not define who they really are.

I am so glad juror #3 came out and let us know she didn't buy what Arias is selling. That tells me she is still testifying in that flat robotic way this time around too.

I don't either - at all. But I worry because of the Hughes letter and of course, because the jurors don't "know" how manipulative JA really is like we do. But again, we still have rebuttal coming!

Kindle warning ;) Anyone who has felt wronged by a friend or boyfriend feels emotionally wronged but that doesn't make it emotional abuse. The defense has no options to argue...JM will clarify this point in a heartbeat. The jury won't need much help..welcome to life experiences.

I get this, I do. But all of you saying these things are rational intelligent people - people I wish juries were made off. But the first trial, Casey Anthony's trial have shown me that jurors don't always make the best decision. I'm just saying, I worry because well.. you never know.

I was glad to hear that this is a mostly young jury. Because I think a younger jury will 1) not think JA was "so young" at the time she murdered Travis 2) will scoff at the "my mother beat me with a wooden spoon" testimony 3) will negate the idea that Travis was emotionally abusing JA 4) will not think a single guy having *advertiser censored* sites on his computer is unusual or is a sign of depravity 5) will, if allowed to consider JA's testimony of her string of boyfriends, be able to accurately perceive how and why she manipulated Travis 6) vote for the death penalty.

You're welcome! I hope it is over next month. Beth Karas, in her video last night, suggested that it really could be over in February, but she said that it most likely going to go into March. :aktion1:

The "Will Jodi get back on the stand?" poll is still open, too:
Vote: http://goo.gl/forms/stSX3yp01j
View results: http://goo.gl/xCnTB5

Common sense would tell us that "NO" she wouldn't be so stupid as to get back on the stand. Then, I remember it is CMJA we are speaking of--and that causes me to change my tune. She is such a narcissist that she cannot and will not remain silent. MOO

"In writing it looks great ... until she talks."... Said the juror dismissed in Dec. because of a "scheduling conflict" .... So JA's decision to speak to them was a huge mistake with this female juror, who'd thought JA came across very well in her journals. Excellent.

I'm thankful that CMJA took the stand and talked. At least the jurors got to hear her spinning her tales with their own ears. Also they got to witness her speaking in that low voice that she must think fools everyone who can hear her.

Frankly, I don't see any emotional abuse by Travis. It was only when Arias drove him to the brink that he reacted like the human being he was. Most of the time Travis was too good for his own good when it came to JA. And when manipulation is used that is a form of abuse, imo and Arias was the victimizer which also included stalking and that is another form of domestic violence abuse.

I think this younger jury wont think this was emotional abuse (heck I am 68 and don't think it is emotional abuse :)) but will think petty infighting is common occurrences in Arias and Travis' age group. I have no doubt that many on that jury have also had blowups and said things to others they may have wished they hadn't said but they feel that does not define who they really are.

I am so glad juror #3 came out and let us know she didn't buy what Arias is selling. That tells me she is still testifying in that flat robotic way this time around too.

Exactly. When she started to "feel" emotionally wronged right at the beginning she did nothing other than to continue to see him whenever possible even though they lived in different states. IMO of course she lied about everything to do with their initial meeting and encounters. When she started to "feel" emotionally wronged after a few months (lied about that too) she broke it off with him (we have no proof who "had the talk" with the other) then told her Dad she was moving there to marry him.

Too bad the jury won't be hearing that part. And won't know why her Dad is not up there defending her life because of it.

MOO

Agreed. I don't think any of the "mean things" Travis said to Jodi were abuse, because 1) she deserved all of them based on her actions & behaviors 2) it was the only way he knew how to get rid of her. She wasn't taking a hint.
You can't reference the Hughes's emails because 1) Jodi had them snowed at that point and 2) having sex with someone and not marrying them doesn't qualify as being an abusive sociopath to anyone but a Mormon. Jodi taught Travis and them what it truly means to be an abusive sociopath!!!

Very happy to read a very detailed order. Will it stop the defense? not a chance. I was surprised that they had already taken something to the COA. I didn't remember that happening. To ME, and this is JMO, MOST of the motion requests are very childish and have no legal basis. Why would the court care if she is getting mistreated at the jail? That is not within the courts power to regulate. And putting in that the prosecutor said mean things to Wilmott at the BENCH! Did it hurt your little feelings? But you could care less that you are accusing the prosecutor of serious injustice that is unwarranted, for the sake of a lying murdering client? Their inexperience shows like a bright light. It's like they sit around brainstorming and then go " I KNOW! we should do THIS" and they seem to be only concerned with "winning" and beating the prosecutor and their own reputations, rather than trying to get their client life instead of death. I would be really shocked if she has any appeals issues that will stand because of the wide latitude this judge has regarding what happens in this phase.

I'm trying to understand how the tweeted excerpts of testiphony thus far, and the especially cruel lying torture murderess's transcribed tale of woe support the mitigating factors she and her dastardly team listed for the Court.

No, actually I'm not.

But I am observing how they don't, and thus are not proven.

The list:

1. She has no prior criminal history.
  2. She was just 27 years old when she committed her first offense.
  3. She is remorseful for her conduct.
  4. She suffered both physical and emotional abuse as a child.
  5. She suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Mr. Alexander.
  6. The abusive nature of the relationship caused her to suffer extreme emotional stress at the time of the incident.
  7. She has been diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
  8. She has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
  9. Her psychological makeup impaired her ability to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Mr. Alexander.

1. Murderers start somewhere. She started with Travis.
2. See #1.
3. Remorseful = Sorry [that she got caught, but not about anything else.]
4. She is a liar who doesn't lie convincingly.
5. The abuse she inflicted on TA and his family far and permanently eclipse any abuse she alleges. See #4.
6. She has changed her story more times than she can keep up with. See #5.
7. See #4.
8. See #4.
9. See #6.

I get this, I do. But all of you saying these things are rational intelligent people - people I wish juries were made off. But the first trial, Casey Anthony's trial have shown me that jurors don't always make the best decision. I'm just saying, I worry because well.. you never know.
Casey Anthony's jury would have hung at minimum solely because of the juror who refused to judge. She should NEVER have been allowed on any jury strictly for that reason alone!!! The whole job of a jury is to judge someone. Then you have the fact that they were sequestered and wanted out by the 4th of July so they could enjoy their vacations at Disneyworld.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias
· 20h 20 hours ago
If you're a Jodi Arias supporter you should be thanking Judge Stephens right now

· 20h 20 hours ago
She has done everything within her power to ensure that any conviction or sentence handed down to Jodi will be overturned on appeal.

· 20h 20 hours ago
Thanks, Pickles. Good lookin' out.

The latest greatest thoughts of the murderer. Since she is such a liar, I know she means the opposite of what she says.

Very happy to read a very detailed order. Will it stop the defense? not a chance. I was surprised that they had already taken something to the COA. I didn't remember that happening. To ME, and this is JMO, MOST of the motion requests are very childish and have no legal basis. Why would the court care if she is getting mistreated at the jail? That is not within the courts power to regulate. And putting in that the prosecutor said mean things to Wilmott at the BENCH! Did it hurt your little feelings? But you could care less that you are accusing the prosecutor of serious injustice that is unwarranted, for the sake of a lying murdering client? Their inexperience shows like a bright light. It's like they sit around brainstorming and then go " I KNOW! we should do THIS" and they seem to be only concerned with "winning" and beating the prosecutor and their own reputations, rather than trying to get their client life instead of death. I would be really shocked if she has any appeals issues that will stand because of the wide latitude this judge has regarding what happens in this phase.

Yup! Petty, petty grievances like Juan giving an autograph (who cares!) and Mrs. Flores saying mean things about her on Facebook, waa, waa, waa. Did any of it affect her??? Nope! Yet she gets out outrageous comments on Twitter via her minions.:violin::violin::violin:

Gack, I'm still trying to catch up and still haven't finished reading the last thread. So, if this has already been asked and answered, I apologize.

Does anybody know what was the photocopied book confiscated from her cell? My first impression was that it was a published book, and if so, does anyone know the title or author's name? But now I'm wondering if it was a manuscript of a book JeinsteinA is writing? Her manifesto, "My Sufferings"?

· 20h 20 hours ago
If you're a Jodi Arias supporter you should be thanking Judge Stephens right now

· 20h 20 hours ago
She has done everything within her power to ensure that any conviction or sentence handed down to Jodi will be overturned on appeal.

· 20h 20 hours ago

The latest greatest thoughts of the murderer. Since she is such a liar, I know she means the opposite of what she says.

You don't say.

I seem to recall something.

Oh yeah -- now I remember.

"I`m not guilty. I didn`t hurt Travis. If I hurt Travis, if I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty." ~ Guess Who?

Gack, I'm still trying to catch up and still haven't finished reading the last thread. So, if this has already been asked and answered, I apologize.

Does anybody know what was the photocopied book confiscated from her cell? My first impression was that it was a published book, and if so, does anyone know the title or author's name? But now I'm wondering if it was a manuscript of a book JeinsteinA is writing? Her manifesto, "My Sufferings"?

I believe it was penned by Stabby, resident 'shank', herself.

· 20h 20 hours ago

· 20h 20 hours ago

· 20h 20 hours ago

BBM. HaHaHa! Good one! :lol::laughcry::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::giggle:They sure know how to spin things, don't they??? I have no doubt that's not how Jodi saw it last night and was busy punching walls. She's had a bad couple of days with her secret testimony being released and now she's still up for the Death Penalty and didn't bring down Juan, Flores, or even Mrs. Flores or the guards at the jail. And the whole story about her contracting Hep C and her breast implants leaking and not getting treatment were phony too...

To cheer you up about this mess. Here is a compilation that is called " The best of" http://youtu.be/dWnAn9KOkVA

JM to JA:

I love when Juan gets fired up...."Ut ah...There is no guessing here NOW, ut ah".

"If it wasn't loaded. You told the jury Mr. Alexander told you the gun was unloaded. So you go with this belief that the gun was unloaded you run into this closet to go get this gun that was unloaded......What were you going to do with the gun.....throw it at him?"

"You said many times that you tried to kill yourself. You said you cut your wrist, it was a nick, and you stopped , it stung so much, you stopped. To use YOUR standard, CAN YOU IMAGINE... ( his voice amplified) how much it must have hurt Mr. Alexander when you plunged that knife into his chest?"

"Were you crying when you shot him? Were you crying when you stabbed him? Were you crying when you slit his throat?"

"If you are in a fog , you are in a fog about everything, not just certain select things, right?"
JA to Juan "I don't know".
Juan replies "Well, IT'S YOUR FOG!!!!!"

JM to JA "These problems with your memory, is it a recent vintage?"
Jodi responds "Define recent"
JM does not miss a beat " I don't know. Since you started testifying!"

Nurmi and Jen both slam their hands on the desk like an Ally McBeal episode "O B J E C T I ON"

Love it! I can't count how many times I laughed out loud listening to these again.

Truth Detector, for some reason it would not let me "thank" your post/reply to my post, so I just wanted to say I agree with you. WHY is she not BEGGING for the death penalty? Oh yeah I forgot...cuz of her poor drug abusing, physical abusing, lying family, that's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor