Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZlawyer, if you come back tonight, I have a question. Remember the little poll taken on WS of when we bet the trial will end? You said February 5th. I was watching Beth Karas and she said "It will be March. Mark my words.". Her opinion only. I was starting to think June until yesterday! Lol. I am wondering why you think Beth would say March? She didn't explain and I am puzzled. I thought the defense had no more witnesses except for Geffner and Juan is pretty fast with witnesses. Do you think Jodi will take the stand and finish her testimony? Her allocution cannot be very long. I am hopeful this can be over very soon. It was really getting to me this week. Oh and one more thing, BK seems to think the defense will bring in more about the computers. Why?

Maybe at this point KN figures he has nursed this for about all it's worth so he might as well wrap it up and let somebody else (he hopes) deal with the appeals.

That no jurors are bailing as the schedule is slipping has to be a terrible sign for the defense. They are bunkered in and ready to go.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but sooner or later JSS is going to pull in the reins and quit allowing stalling. She's cleared the slate of all or almost all of the pending stuff, so maybe she's raring to go and get on with it. She's let the DT stall for two months. She has to want to regain her own life too.

The defense obviously has nothing, regardless of how much BK got snowed by BN and Sue, so it's time for JSS to tell the DT to fish or cut bait as we'd say down here.

Don't think anyone knows whose book it was, but it wasn't her own writing The only description is that it was photocopied pages of a book someone wrote about the trial, along with her handwritten notes in the margins. There had been no request for a book as required, and the pages were in an envelope labeled "legal papers", IIRC. MCSO correctly stated that copying the book was not legal and so it was contraband, but they gave it back to her anyway. Defense assumed, and probably correctly, that her notes were copied and given to the prosecutor before it was returned to her. :boohoo:
Her notes are probably more what she was trying to smuggle out, like the coded message she wrote on the margins of the magazine.

Thanks for the answer. Hmmm, I wonder how she got the copies? Didn't know that Maria's job also includes library services.

I think you hit the nail on the head! IIRC this was a book about the trial written by someone else and JA probably wanted to read it so Maria found a way.

Also, in Florida it seems that the govt. employees comply with their Sunshine Laws, while in AZ you can file a FOIA request and good luck getting anyone to even acknowledge receipt.

DAVID LOHR, SENIOR CRIME REPORTER, HUFFINGTON POST mentioned the red tape he experienced when through the Freedom of Information Act he requested the Jodi Arias interrogation tapes. He FINALLY got them, and someone else, who he named (and I thought that was as hilarious as Julia Roberts naming some of the girls who bullied her as a kid during an acceptance speech), took them, uploaded them, slapped her name on them within two hours AND NEVER GAVE HIM CREDIT. Here is his quote, from this site actually
"Maybe try viewing Tawni Dilly's Youtube. Took me weeks to get the videos and only took her a couple hours to rip them off without credit or anything."

I thank you publicly David Lohr, not only for those interrogation tapes, but for the tedious editing you did. Watching the trial without the sidebars saved so much time and frustration. Good work, buddy . Here is the entire trial in order, no commercials.....thanks to David.

http://youtu.be/1Fn7WHx4TCw?list=PL_Rz53XTtnkEf4qetcdaEwSY00mKCOoYo

In any case, everything has to be specifically requested in AZ, paid for and yes they take their time getting it to you. I recall Mr. Martinez saying in a hearing that they had a huge PILE of PIR that the office was working on. Nurmi was complaining that the parents interview with Detective Flores had been released and he was blaming Juan for it. Juan said, look, that is not my department, but the law is the law, when the request comes in they try to get to them and there is A LOT more that will be released. For example, Jodi Arias' 600 pages of diaries were requested by HLN and they too were released. Beth Karas has them on her site now. By contrast, in Florida, every piece of discovery was released in Caylee's case, very often, HUGE document dumps. We saw everything. In the Jodi Arias case the public will never have anything even remotely close to that. After the trial interest will fade and the reporters will move on to other stories. Only an author would be interested in requesting and paying for certain items. It will never be a free, unsolicited, comprehensive document dump by any stretch of the imagination. Only if as and when something specific is requested and paid for......and when they get around to it. Indeed.

I'm thinking end of Feb or beginning of March this should wrap up. Nothing goes as fast as people think it will, even in the best cases there are always some delays that occur, so erring on the side of caution, my guess is end of Feb.

Maybe JSS needs to tell KN off the record that if this case goes past Valentine's Day she is going to do everything in her power to make sure he is stuck with it through the entire appeals process. He can either wrap things up soon or spend the rest of his career doing nothing but dealing with this client whom he hates.

Yeah I know it can't/shouldn't/won't happen, but it's fun to dream....

I remember reading "somewhere" that it was JVMs book.

I was just reading a few chapters from Travis's book titled RAISING YOU: STUMBLING BLOCKS AND STEPPING STONES. I was surprised when I saw this: "Chapter Eight: The Siamese Twins." That was the name of the *advertiser censored* site, wasn't it? This chapter just talks about success and failure. Travis gives examples of how some of the most successful people first experienced failure time after time.

Here's the only thing he mentioned about Siamese twins in this chapter:

"The difference between failure and success is simply that there is no difference. In fact, with the exception of how they are spelled, they are exactly the same. They are much like conjoined twins. They have the same characteristics and where one goes so goes the other. You never can have true success without having failure."

I was just reading a few chapters from Travis's book titled RAISING YOU: STUMBLING BLOCKS AND STEPPING STONES. I was surprised when I saw this: "Chapter Eight: The Siamese Twins." That was the name of the *advertiser censored* site, wasn't it? This chapter just talks about success and failure. Travis gives examples of how some of the most successful people first experienced failure time after time.

Here's the only thing he mentioned about Siamese twins in this chapter:

"The difference between failure and success is simply that there is no difference. In fact, with the exception of how they are spelled, they are exactly the same. They are much like conjoined twins. They have the same characteristics and where one goes so goes the other. You never can have true success without having failure."

LOL! Thank you Wolfpack Fan! You cracked it!

:loveyou::websleuther::loveyou:

I mean, I think anyone, possibly all of us can say at one point we have been wronged in a relationship or two or three or what have you. Maybe we have wronged others. Who amongst us is perfect? Not me for sure. But for all my flaws- and ask around, they're many like anyone else - I've never come out of a relationship going "Yes I'm going to show him! I'll drive like 5 states away, rent a car, dye my hair, sex him up, take nudie photos, then murder him! Then for my next maneuver I shall go to this dude's house and we will grind, but first, gotta leave a voice mail acting like I wasn't there and stuff. Ugh murder is a lot of work. Tiger (because you know I call myself by my cat's name as most perfectly sane people are to do), why didn't you put on makeup?! " No. No. And no. Yeah, I'll admit one time I dated a guy for four years. He was acting weird, he'd used my computer, did not log out of Facebook, so I read his messages. He was up to something. He's still alive and we are friends, but not dating. There was no abuse. No drugs. No crazy stuff. No *advertiser censored*. To be honest, after I'm wronged in a relationship, all I want to do is not see that person. I'm like no, get away. I might drink, eat ice cream, have a sad, and dress my cat in sweaters. Maybe write bad poetry. But who really wants to see anyone who actually wronged them?

Can we take a poll on this?

I'm thinking end of Feb or beginning of March this should wrap up. Nothing goes as fast as people think it will, even in the best cases there are always some delays that occur, so erring on the side of caution, my guess is end of Feb.

I'm going to put you on the pool calendar for the 29th then.

hehehehehe

Of course I'm kidding. You are welcome to choose a date in 2015 if you like http://goo.gl/2het5Y

Maybe JSS needs to tell KN off the record that if this case goes past Valentine's Day she is going to do everything in her power to make sure he is stuck with it through the entire appeals process. He can either wrap things up soon or spend the rest of his career doing nothing but dealing with this client whom he hates.

Yeah I know it can't/shouldn't/won't happen, but it's fun to dream....

If Jodi gets DP; can't they separate from each other? Meaning, isn't that the reason for the "donations"? To get another attorney?

If I recall correctly, Nurmi literally made up an entire new story to the jury that seemed to imply Jodi did shoot Travis in the shower. He abandoned the story of she dropped the camera, Travis got angry and jumped out, body slammed her.....altogether. I recall the tweeters ( reporters ) tweeting things like WHAT? WHAT IN THE WORLD NURMI? IS THIS A JOKE? It seems that if Jodi Arias secret testimony would have continued ....mom and pop doing coke wasn't going to be the only revision to Jodi 5.0

Thanks, ZoeyW. So Nurmi suggested in opening that JA killed TA in self-defense. What witness other than JA can explain exactly what happened then? Impossible to believe the mere mention in Nurmi's opening remarks of TA body slamming JA in the bathroom would mean anything without the who-what-why-hows.

Thanks for the answer. Hmmm, I wonder how she got the copies? Didn't know that Maria's job also includes library services.

I think you hit the nail on the head! IIRC this was a book about the trial written by someone else and JA probably wanted to read it so Maria found a way.
In their motion, they say:
"Ms. Arias' legal team gave her a copy of the book so she could review it and make notes for an ongoing mitigation investigation." Makes no sense to me, but that's what they claim...legal papers, riiiight.

I remember reading "somewhere" that it was JVMs book.
I started to add that I had heard that too, but couldn't remember where or why that was said to have been it.

KN spotted at the gym working off the smack down, I see he flipped his wig too.

images8GIIONGT.jpg

Oh, and poor Jen has finally had an AHA moment... as seen here.

imagesALXMSSZ0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member