Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right AZL. But, did he lose it again in 2008? Or is that just rumour?

Who knows? But if he did, he wasn't planning to move anywhere, so the question still had nothing to do with him IMO.

My daughter had a lazy eye, showed up around four years old. Wore a patch for a month then went glasses. She wore them until she was in the second grade and it was corrected. If Jodi did was there anything done about it? There are photo's of Jodi when she around three and you can see it, then at age eleven, when she's holding Angela after she is born. It's more noticeable when she's tired.

I have been "lurking" here for a while and only recently started posting. My point is that I don't understand the features very well. I'm actually trying to include the "quote" before this one...

Annnnnnyway, I have noticed many sociopaths/killers have this same look in their eyes. Richard Ramirez, Charles Manson, OJ Simpson, Ted Bundy, etc. They all have this "off" look and as if both of their eyes aren't looking in the same direction. Certainly adds to their eerie evilness.

Right AZL. But, did he lose it again in 2008? Or is that just rumour?

I will say I had definitely heard that before. I sort of think Chris Hughes may have been the source.

ETA: Also, when BK posted the voice mails someone (Hope?) said there was a VM to Travis from someone saying how sorry he was to hear the news (?) but everything would be OK. That could be connected.

Wow--that makes a lot of sense! CMJA probably threatened to expose him to the Bishop and that is what caused Travis' heated response to her.
I think JA threatened him with something much worse. I think she threaten to tell his Bishop about the pedophile lies. Remember he said she was Evil and hurt him more worse than ever before and that she was a sociopath. That message was very strongly worded. More so than if she was just threatening to tell Bishop about their sex life. it would take a very EVIL person to lie about someone being a pedophile. That could ruin your life forever even if she lied.:maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening::maddening:

This is not a case for reporters who pride themselves on being able to see shades of grey. This is pretty much a black and white type situation. It's distasteful to say that Arias has won. No, she has not. Either way she's going to spend the rest of her life in prison. There is nothing triumphal about attempting to quench base desires and brute urges--choosing to slander the victim and his witnesses in such a heinous manner. We've seen a glimpse of the worst side of mankind. It is shocking and saddening. If the issue is simply one of Arias' life then it could have been done in a kinder and more dignified manner: one short and simple speech of remorse and particular emphasis on her age and BPD would have been most effective. Why stoop to such low and filthy standards when there are more humane options? Who does that?

This is not a case for reporters who pride themselves on being able to see shades of grey. This is pretty much a black and white type situation. It's distasteful to say that Arias has won. No, she has not. Either way she's going to spend the rest of her life in prison. There is nothing triumphal about attempting to quench base desires and brute urges--choosing to slander the victim and his witnesses in such a heinous manner. We've seen a glimpse of the worst side of mankind. It is shocking and saddening. If the issue is simply one of Arias' life then it could have been done in a kinder and more dignified manner: one short and simple speech of remorse and particular emphasis on her age and BPD would have been most effective. Why stoop to such low and filthy standards when there are more humane options? Who does that?

Completely agree.

[I think Nurmi/Wilmot/Maria are despicable. But, I am sure they are giving Jodi exactly what she wants.]

I think everyone is tired, exhausted from this circus and reading way too much into the religion and juror questions as a whole. It could be as simple as testing Deanna to see if she's truthful and knows the rules as far as chastity(remember, JA played stupid like the rules weren't laid out), it could be a Mormon jury wanting the knowledge told to other jurors, it could be someone like me (no knowledge) wanting more clarification. The fact is, we don't know. We can beat the dead horse, worry, spread fear or we can just wait until it's all done and take comfort in knowing that no matter what, she's locked up forever.

I was just spit ballin'. Bouncing ideas off people and trying to get other people's opinion on the questions. It helps to hear others' interpretations of things. It really does. It's why I asked. Maybe I'm wrong about the questions. Maybe I'm right. Doesn't matter. Just trying to have a discussion.

I think he lost it for a year after he went to the bishop in 2005 after he and Deanna had sex. So he got it back in 2006. Not sure if he ever lost it again

Just looked this up. Shannon Hogan reported in her book Picture Perfect (pg 49-50) what friends believed. Which is that TA lost his TR in late 2007 or early 2008, but that it had been reinstated some time before he was murdered.

Not sure how that makes sense if a TR lasts for a year, but there it is. If he had lost it and been reinstated twice, yah, a threat to expose him would have been huge.

Also.....In trying to get DR to answer about this, JW prolly was suggesting that TA hadn't been honest enough to confess his transgressions a second time, or he had but just kept on sinning.

Great thought! Since the DT already knew they were going to present super secret testimony from Witness # 1, maybe they instructed Mr Neumeister not to say his name in open court. :thinking:

I agree that anything is possible in this trial. My only concern with this is the fact that secret MCwitness #1 lives in NZ, and surely they wouldn't send "evidence" that has been checked out, out of the country? Unless they flew him to Arizona, at the taxpayers expense. Although that would be more than possible with this circus of a trial.

I would think a Mormon juror would take offense at the way it seems the defense is trying to drag the LDS through the mud.
I am not sure I understand your post bsk. Are you saying Travis dragged the LDS through the mud and made the Bishop testify about child *advertiser censored*? Travis was murdered and the child *advertiser censored* was in Jodi and Marc's lies. It never happened so how can Travis be responsible, did I misunderstand you, sorry if I did.:facepalm:

I must admit the bit about Nurmi having selective memory made me laugh, figures that J.a would know all about that!

That document is totally a toys out of the pram moment from JA, Nurmi's comment of nine out of ten days I don't like her is the most truthful thing anyone from the DT said during the trial!

I love how hysterical she starts to sound at the end of it.

I am entitled to two attorneys.
The guidelines DEMAND I get two attorneys!
Under no uncertain terms, give me two attorneys!!
It's all up to Jen, give me more frickin attorneys!!

So many times I have seen journalists cozy up to defense just to get exclusives or information, it just makes me uncomfortable. I know it's just a job, but jeez...I could not do it.

I'd like to see Jodi throw her defense under the table in her allocution by saying she is really remorseful over what happened, she went batchit crazy because she really loved Travis, and it was all her lawyer's strategy to trash Travis' memory, and she was just honestly answering her lawyer's questions, and had no control over what they brought up and she is really sad over how the trial has gone......she sends love to Travis' family and asks for forgiveness, especially how her defense has treated the memory of Travis.....etc, etc, etc.

Just for good measure.
[belch]

... Be careful what you wish for! She'll have one more chance in front of the jury; what you describe might be her only option by the time Juan's through with his rebuttal.

I don't believe that MM was the unanmed computer expert. I don't believe that Juan would have let that slip by. He would not accept an 'expert' working on the computers, while also bringing in damaging testimony against the states case. I don't think that would be allowed.

Who knows? But if he did, he wasn't planning to move anywhere, so the question still had nothing to do with him IMO.

I know. I was just thinking if TA did go to his Bishop around March 2008, he really, really wanted Jodi out of his life. I was thinking the timelines. If he confessed to the Bishop, perhaps after that is when JA moved back to CA. Which means, he really wanted to distance himself from her.
After the phone sex, Jodi had it recorded and she threatened to rat him out. He was furious hence the "you're the worst thing that ever happened to me".

As a Mormon, I will try to answer some of the questions you have. I certainly don't have all the answers, but will try to answer the way I understand things.

One thing that seems to be brought up a lot, is that Travis may have moved to avoid losing his temple recommend. He didn't. The church keeps records on all it's members and those records go with you wherever you move. The church can always find you lol. If he lost his recommend, I'm sure that info would be in his records. He would know this and wouldn't move to try to "start over".

Another thing I want to say is that I have no idea who does and doesn't have a TR. I think only the Bishop knows. I have friends who don't and I can't imagine that anyone else cares. The TR is only for admittance to the temple, without one you can still do everything anyone with a recommend does. The only time I can think you know someone didn't have a recommend is when there is a marriage in the temple and someone who you think would be in the temple for the ceremony isn't. They would wait outside. Also, a lot of people keep their recommends current, but don't attend the temple. There are all levels of activity in the church.

I can't tell from the jury questions if there is one or more Mormons on the jury. I'll look them over some more.

Another thing I saw mentioned is that maybe there is a Mormon(s) on the jury and that they might judge Travis for not having a TR or for breaking the law of chastity. Of course there are always people that might thinks this way, but most Mormons I know would not. I certainly don't care and realize I have my own problems.:blushing: We all know this isn't the easiest religion to live.

Just looked this up. Shannon Hogan reported in her book Picture Perfect (pg 49-50) what friends believed. Which is that TA lost his TR in late 2007 or early 2008, but that it had been reinstated some time before he was murdered.

Not sure how that makes sense if a TR lasts for a year, but there it is. If he had lost it and been reinstated twice, yah, a threat to expose him would have been huge.

Also.....In trying to get DR to answer about this, JW prolly was suggesting that TA hadn't been honest enough to confess his transgressions a second time, or he had but just kept on sinning.

It is so frustrating. Just because he was mormon doesnt meant he should be held to a higher level of scrutiny than the next murder victim. It appears BECAUSE of his religion he is being MARTYRED for it in the court room for it.

I have been "lurking" here for a while and only recently started posting. My point is that I don't understand the features very well. I'm actually trying to include the "quote" before this one...

Annnnnnyway, I have noticed many sociopaths/killers have this same look in their eyes. Richard Ramirez, Charles Manson, OJ Simpson, Ted Bundy, etc. They all have this "off" look and as if both of their eyes aren't looking in the same direction. Certainly adds to their eerie evilness.

It is Strabismus. It effects the alignment of the eyes, causing a person to look cross-eyed or walleyed. I have it too.

Does she just make that statement...or does she clarify how he is doing a good job?

I think he has done a good job on specific things, mostly that he is doing anything at all involved in a case he clearly does not want and has not wanted to be involved in for a very long time. However, as a whole, I think Nurmi's performance in this mitigation phase is really off the wall as I see little to no actual mitigation being presented. His hands may be tied by what the killer demands he do but still there is nothing that indicates that he is doing a good job.

I would really be interested in how BK sees Nurmi as doing a good job with this retrial.

You are right on krkrjx. I agree totally. He has done nothing but file one worthless motion after another and trash all the pro witnesses. He puts a fraudulent avd into evidence (knowingly doing this is a crime) but the worst is trashing Travis with lies he knows are lies. he is not a good attorney and with any other judge would not get away with any of this.

Any juror who judges Travis for his 'sins' when Arias has committed not only the sin of lust but wrath, murder and slander as well is not fit to be on the jury. I am hoping that even if we do have one or two such jurors that they will not make it to the final round.

I was just spit ballin'. Bouncing ideas off people and trying to get other people's opinion on the questions. It helps to hear others' interpretations of things. It really does. It's why I asked. Maybe I'm wrong about the questions. Maybe I'm right. Doesn't matter. Just trying to have a discussion.

Since Abe took the stand, I am not one bit worried about the juror questions.

As someone posted above, since this week, I think jurors on the fence have now chosen DP as the best sentence.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member