Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T Jennifer, I just today rewatched the Ellen show where Gladys was on from Texas and said the line of what you have below your name. lol

[video=youtube;wGZccD6A_KQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGZccD6A_KQ[/video]

[That is about the funniest thing I've ever heard. Gladys needs her own talk show!]

Jodi said she would step down as her own council if the judge allowed her to fire Nurmi. This has always struck me as a very thinly veiled threat. Either Nurmi goes, or I'll cause as much trouble as I can, for as long as I can. Or in other words -- do what I want, or else. Once Jodi has shown someone what a malignant whack-job she is, with absolutely ZERO respect for boundaries or standards of behavior, this threat must be pretty effective. But jeeze, what kind of person tries this tactic with the judge presiding over their death penalty murder trial? I truly feel that Jodi figures what the hell at this point. She has nothing to lose and is just trying to mess with the court, make JM apoplectic, and, most importantly, cause as much pain as (in)humanly possible to Travis' family and friends.

And by the way, I think Jodi is now on her fourth pair of prop glasses? She started with the black circular frames, then she had the funky rectangular green ones, then the big brown ones during the trial, and now the whitish/clear ones? You'd think a person who gets new frames as often as Jodi does would maybe at least try to get something a little bit stylish. Unless the glasses are just a prop to make them look as nerdy and unthreatening as possible. She can't possibly think she's fooling anyone with her ridiculous "make-under." But, then again, she's had success in the past "changing her spots" to give whatever impression she's wanted to give.

LOL I just saw this on her twitter page. She thinks she's a star! :crazy:

:bodyguard:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · Aug 5

In other news- Jodi's going to be auctioning off the glasses she wore during trial and donating the proceeds to charity.

In other news- Jodi's going to be auctioning off the glasses she wore during trial and donating the proceeds to charity.
Gag.. go away Grodie Jodi.

Love Kills

Not sure if this has been shared yet - looks like the murderer got her way again :banghead:

From the Justice for Travis Alexander Facebok Page -
"New order dated 9/2/14 - State can NOT contact defense witnesses directly, must go through defense....among other things ordered that day. Also, order dated 9/4/14 - Defense P.I. was never going to the house, just reviewing evidence."

http://www.courtchatter.com/p/jodi-arias-court-docs.html

Hatfield - thank you so much for this!

This is a good article that describes retrials of just penalty phase. It was written for a slightly different reason but the article talks specifically about retrials of just the penalty phase. The way I understand it is the defendent can basically try to bring in whatever they want to bring in and it will be up to the judge how much she allows and if it is admissable.

From the article, it will cover....
"there are two specific doctrinally
interesting admissibility issues: 1) to what extent may a defendant offer evidence
designed to undermine the new jury’s confidence in the prior jury’s verdict of
guilt; and 2) the same question with regard to the prior jury’s finding of an
aggravating circumstance."

There are parts that refer to exactly what we are all wondering and well worth reading through these certain parts like this below:

"
Prosecutor Williams: Of course, the defense is not supposed to be able to make a
residual doubt argument—but they do. For example, they cross-examine witnesses
to point out weaknesses, bias—all the things they would try to do in the guilt stage
of the trial. It all depends on the judge how much of this is permitted. For
example, in one of my penalty-phase-only retrials, the judge permitted the defense
to make basically the same guilt/innocence argument it had lost at the original trial,
that is, the defendant’s contention that a guy named Bobby (surname unknown) did
the crime while the defendant only watched. It was very difficult for the jury to
reconcile this argument with the instructions given that they were to accept the
guilty verdict as a given. I had to argue that the defendant had presented the same
theory to the first jury, and they had rejected it."

http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/students/groups/osjcl/files/2012/05/McCord-PDF-11-29-04.pdf

I can't imagine putting glasses on my face that were previously on hers. Ugh. Can the judge please make her stop?

Not sure if this has been shared yet - looks like the murderer got her way again :banghead:

From the Justice for Travis Alexander Facebok Page -
"New order dated 9/2/14 - State can NOT contact defense witnesses directly, must go through defense....among other things ordered that day. Also, order dated 9/4/14 - Defense P.I. was never going to the house, just reviewing evidence."

http://www.courtchatter.com/p/jodi-arias-court-docs.html

WYH?? Where is AZlawyer? How did the killer get away with this? Can AZ folks petition to remove JSS from the bench? I have heard enough. Her decisions are NOT in the best interests of society at large.

WYH?? Where is AZlawyer? How did the killer get away with this? Can AZ folks petition to remove JSS from the bench? I have heard enough. Her decisions are NOT in the best interests of society at large.

I don't think it matters. JA was forced to turn over the contact info, including addresses, which means JM's investigators can dig deep before interviewing the witnesses. He wouldn't have contacted them directly to question them outside a court ordered interview anyway.

If getting her way on what amounts to a petty and childish petty play against JM makes her feel smug and overconfident, better yet.

I don't think this is a big deal. As long as Martinez gets the interviews in, everything's fine. :seeya:

Can someone explain!? Does that mean Juan give a list of questions he wants answered to the defense and they ask witnesses? If so, how do we know the answers are truthful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone explain!? Does that mean Juan give a liar of questions he wants answered to the defense and they ask witnesses? If so, how do we know the answers are truthful?

Awesome typo given the context of your post! :laughing:

Can someone explain!? Does that mean Juan give a liar of questions he wants answered to the defense and they ask witnesses? If so, how do we know the answers are truthful?

No, Ricki. It just means that the defense will schedule the interviews. Here:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6467813.pdf

"IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State is to schedule interviews with Defense
witnesses through Defense and not contact the witnesses directly."

Ok. Here is the thing. If JM must go through the defense to set up interviews with witnesses just what do you think will occur? I predict delay...delay...delay and asking for trial to be continued. So I don't know if JSS will stick with the trial date of 9/29/14 but she hasn't stuck with anything before, and she rules in favor of defendant about 99% of time. So why should I trust that what she does is in the best interest of society at large? I never want the killer out of prison. She would kill again. I am not sure JSS would agree. This is MOO, JMO.

Nevermind, Janx got the link to the minute entry (I'm getting slow in my elderly age lol).

I say she mocks the court system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members