Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently she has a selective memory. Only remembers something if it will benefit her. I have to say, I was reading here during lunch break yesterday and forgot about the proceedings. I had a little chuckle seeing how she is trying to run the show and trying to outwit Juan. HA!! Will be back this afternoon, during lunch to see what happens today. Could be the highlight of my day. So, Sad! Wishing this concludes swiftly for the sake of the Alexanders. Have a nice day everyone.

But being shot first and claiming he did not suffer why would it be necessary for her to stab him 29 times? Seriously, if he was not suffering he would surely not be of any danger to her.

G R A P H I C ****

During the guilt phase they hoped to get the DP taken out of the equation by claiming the shot was first and Travis was dead or at least unconscious and thus would not have suffered while being stabbed 29 times and having his throat cut--making her not guilty of cruelty, which would mean DP should not be an option.

My take on all that is that it doesn't matter which came first. Jodi was cruel and vicious in her attack and had every intention of making TA suffer. If all she wanted to do was kill, she could have done that without 29 stab wounds plus gunshot plus near decapitation. Sorry for the graphic description but the crime was that heinous and I have no doubt in my mind that TA suffered immensely before he died, regardless of which wound came first.

I think JA might want to try to argue the cruelty issue at this retrial because she thinks doing so might make the new jury wonder why the DP is even an option. JMO, and I base my opinion mostly on her asking for Flores' personnel records. She is hoping, I believe, to find something there that shows he was caught lying at any time in his career. To me that seems an appeal issue if it is anything--certainly Flores' personnel records are immaterial to sentencing for a crime she has already been found guilty of.

I believe the gunshot could have been to make it look like more than one "intruder."

Gunshot first wouldn't have allowed him to crawl down the hallway and have his throat slit. He would've crumpled to the ground and bled out in the bathroom. There was NO chase to the closet for the gun. The gunshot was to finish him off and make sure he was dead. I believe Dr. Horn.

Some additional comments by Jenn/Trial Diaries about the hearing (from last night’s ‘spreecast’) :

1. JA’s hair: she gestured to a level about where the neck meets the shoulder. Says it was kind of ‘swingy’. Repeated several times about how much younger she looks, and with the combination of her ‘coke bottle’ glasses, thinks this jury might at first see her differently.

2. Cassandra Collins was in courtroom but neither she nor JA made eye contact with the other.

3. JA requested JSS clear the courtroom so she could talk about her expert witness. JSS told her no, we don’t have time for that. Said JSS was really coming down on her today.

4. Said it was getting a little heated between JA & JM during the witness discussion, but JSS stopped it, basically saying this is what we’re going to do – we’ll figure it out(I’m not sure how she meant the last part).

5. Said when Nurmi asked about attending the witness interviews, he was asking for a delay because he had something (didn’t hear why, maybe another case?) for the next 1-1/2 weeks. JSS said no, and when JA said that maybe Wilmott could be there, JSS basically reminded her that she was her own ‘lawyer’.

6. When asked if JA acted like a ‘lawyer’ or if she was out of her element, she said she is *very* soft spoken – JM has to constantly ask her to speak up. Says she is always conferring with Wilmott or Maria before she speaks about anything. Never Nurmi though.

7. Nurmi is basically “not there”…spends his time texting on his phone, laid back in his chair. Very uninvolved.

8. Anything to do with witnesses is Maria’s business. Thinks she is definitely the contact, etc.

9. Nothing at all said about the PI visit to the house

10. Media there is primarily wondering whether or not they will be allowed in during jury questioning. No one has advised them about it in any way.

I honestly can't believe this - I feel so sorry for Travis' family that they have to wait and wait while CMJA makes a mockery out of this whole trial. What in the world does the "crime scene" - that's far from a crime scene anymore - have to do to with her PENALTY phase? Besides sending her PI there so she can get the inside scoop and details of what it looks like now. Sick sick sick

With Retrial Looming, Jodi Arias Sends Investigator To Crime Scene In Gory 2008 Murder
http://popfix.net/with-retrial-loom...estigator-to-crime-scene-in-gory-2008-murder/

Here's a fitting punishment for her from another thread: "I hereby sentence you to life in prison. And for being a jerk, you must wear this shirt."

"In addition, you will have a one hour weekly tongue lashing session with Nancy Grace."

I believe the gunshot could have been to make it look like more than one "intruder."

Yeah, but her conviction nullified that theory. There were no other arrests. It was just one of her many changing stories, and she probably hadn't even invented it/though of it when she shot him. She did a lousy cleanup job- even so far as leaving the camera in the washing machine- because she didn't plan on getting caught. By not gassing up in Arizona, her alibi was that she was never in the state- and if she was spotted it was a brunette Travis was with, and she had been blonde!

Here's a fitting punishment for her from another thread: "I hereby sentence you to life in prison. And for being a jerk, you must wear this shirt."

"In addition, you will have a one hour weekly tongue lashing session with Nancy Grace."

You made my day! :floorlaugh:

Gunshot first could equate to self-defence, which is what she has been pushing for.

Sorry, but no way would it equate to self defense even if it had been first. There is the little matter of 29 stab wounds plus a throat slashing most if not all of which would have been unnecessary in a self-defense scenario.

You made my day! :floorlaugh:

Thanks, but credit is due to a poster in the Martin McNeill thread. They designed it for him, I just figured it was appropriate for Jodi too!

The idea of Hester Prynne and her scarlet "A" has always offended me for about a gazillion different reasons... but oh my gosh, Jodi deserves an entire wardrobe of "shame-wear," especially since her own t-shirt designs are so pathetically uncreative (yet she still insists on calling herself an "artist"). Let's see...

• Travis Alexander's no longer here to defend himself.
• I killed a man in cold blood and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.
• Been there, done that. But I swear it was self-defense.
• Mitigating factors are for wimps
• Got Pop Rocks?
• Hell on Rented Wheels
• hole[SUP]3[/SUP]
• Puts the "shoot" in photo shoot
• Here Comes the Fog Again
• Hello, Nurmi!
• Oh Holy sh** (I forgot the camera!)
• Objects in rear view mirror may be Jodi
• KY-not?
• Enjoy sunny Cancun!

OK, I'll stop.

The idea of Hester Prynne and her scarlet "A" has always offended me for about a gazillion different reasons... but oh my gosh, Jodi deserves an entire wardrobe of "shame-wear," especially since her own t-shirt designs are so pathetically uncreative (yet she still insists on calling herself an "artist"). Let's see...

• Travis Alexander's no longer here to defend himself.
• I killed a man in cold blood and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.
• Been there, done that. But I swear it was self-defense.
• Mitigating factors are for wimps
• Got Pop Rocks?
• Hell on Rented Wheels
• hole[SUP]3[/SUP]
• Puts the "shoot" in photo shoot
• Here Comes the Fog Again
• Hello, Nurmi!
• Oh Holy sh** (I forgot the camera!)
• Objects in rear view mirror may be Jodi
• KY-not?
• Enjoy sunny Cancun!

OK, I'll stop.

LOVE "I killed a man in cold blood and all I got was this stupid t-shirt"
Actually, they were all good AND funny. :laughing:

Here's some material to digest if you are one who likes to read in-depth legal jargon. I cannot take the credit for finding this material. I came upon it at another site and when reading comments someone felt this is what Jodi is attempting to do with all her requests that seem to be retrial driven vs. resentencing driven. It is a long read and while I don't pretend to understand what it all means, it does strike me that it serves as an explanation as to why she is able to send a PI to the house, ask for files and exhibit reviews, etc. Don't know how to copy a link but go to azcourts.gov and search for Residual Doubt/Innoncence. Warning: this is a major homework assignment if you would like to decipher and see if it may have bearing on this case. :)

Here's some material to digest if you are one who likes to read in-depth legal jargon. I cannot take the credit for finding this material. I came upon it at another site and when reading comments someone felt this is what Jodi is attempting to do with all her requests that seem to be retrial driven vs. resentencing driven. It is a long read and while I don't pretend to understand what it all means, it does strike me that it serves as an explanation as to why she is able to send a PI to the house, ask for files and exhibit reviews, etc. Don't know how to copy a link but go to azcourts.gov and search for Residual Doubt/Innoncence. Warning: this is a major homework assignment if you would like to decipher and see if it may have bearing on this case. :)

Is this the link?

http://www.azcourts.gov/ccsguide/MitigatingCircumstances/RESIDUALDOUBTINNOCENCE.aspx

ETA: LOL, Ricki got in ahead of me, now off to read it. :)

JSS ruled in favor of the State's Motion To Preclude Lingering Doubt as a Mitigation Factor in this minute entry (8/15/2011):

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082011/m4852390.pdf

I wonder, in light of Arias' recent attempts, if he'll file a motion to preclude residual doubt, or if it's unnecessary given the ruling on the above motion? We need input from AZlawyer on this one. :)

Dear Dream Team:

Any word back from HON Stephens in re to video cameras? I have a feeling - given how light things have been this year, she will kick it to Martinez. Martinez, who took the heat for the Chrisman conviction, was JUST barely able to get what he needed- the Hurley conviction. The latter = evidence there really lent itself to it being LE friendly fire, however unfortunate. Martinez, considering a possible thought about a judgeship, will need Arias he will need the cameras.,,, and I can only pray HON Stepens really thinks hard about this. It will be important for her to re-consider this - transparency, public access.
Are these judges voted in? Is there a tenure title?

Thanks for responding when free.

Kind regards,

The Gajonka

Dear Dream Team:

Any word back from HON Stephens in re to video cameras? I have a feeling - given how light things have been this year, she will kick it to Martinez. Martinez, who took the heat for the Chrisman conviction, was JUST barely able to get what he needed- the Hurley conviction. The latter = evidence there really lent itself to it being LE friendly fire, however unfortunate. Martinez, considering a possible thought about a judgeship, will need Arias he will need the cameras.,,, and I can only pray HON Stepens really thinks hard about this. It will be important for her to re-consider this - transparency, public access.
Are these judges voted in? Is there a tenure title?

Thanks for responding when free.

Kind regards,

The Gajonka

JSS ruling on this Sept 15

Good thought, but, ultimately there were "errors" on the autopsy report.
Need to dig up photos again.
Unfortunately, Dr. Horn's typo - that the dura mater is "intact" instead of "not intact" - is rarely viewed in context.

Dr. Horn makes it clear, earlier in the autopsy report, that the dura mater is not intact by stating that a gunshot wound "perforates the anterior frontal skull" - it is not possible for a bullet (or anything else) to perforate the skull without also perforating the dura mater, which is not only attached to the skull but extremely thin.

Which is why, of course, defense did not introduce any rebuttal witnesses to say that the dura mater was intact. In light of the hole in Travis' skull, it's simply not possible to say so, and no more than an obvious typo, plain and simple.

P.S. This is my first post - just joined after years of reading all your wonderful comments! - so please give me the benefit of the doubt if I seem a bit rough round the edges on my first foray! I hope to add to the civilized discussion!

Unfortunately, Dr. Horn's typo - that the dura mater is "intact" instead of "not intact" - is rarely viewed in context.

Dr. Horn makes it clear, earlier in the autopsy report, that the dura mater is not intact by stating that a gunshot wound "perforates the anterior frontal skull" - it is not possible for a bullet (or anything else) to perforate the skull without also perforating the dura mater, which is not only attached to the skull but extremely thin.

Which is why, of course, defense did not introduce any rebuttal witnesses to say that the dura mater was intact. In light of the hole in Travis' skull, it's simply not possible to say so, and no more than an obvious typo, plain and simple.

P.S. This is my first post - just joined after years of reading all your wonderful comments! - so please give me the benefit of the doubt if I seem a bit rough round the edges on my first foray! I hope to add to the civilized discussion!

Remember Dr. Robert Geffner? He was the last hope for Jodi and when she shot Travis in the head,

[video=youtube;vZ-73TXu7nM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vZ-73TXu7nM[/video]

he also testified to Jodi and "her" PTSD eveb thought Jodi lied to him

howdy cindymac on your first post and coming out of lurkdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads