Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No she was totally out of line on all points and yes there is law to cover every bit of it. She's just too busy trying to work out problems with her supporters to bother to read court procedure, apparently. JM is entitled, by law, to that information. She has his expert witnesses and discovery, he's already given her what she is entitled to at this point. That was said in court on the 20th. What she was asking was for was his 'civilian' witnesses, and he told her he wouldn't know who they would have to bring to rebut whatever her witnesses had to say until he could talk to her witnesses. Duh, JA! JSS told her to turn over the info by tomorrow and have the witnesses available for the 8th.

Good grief. She can't even get out of the gate? Thanks so much for the explanation.

Yeah, where are the other gas cans? Ditched with the gun and knife. Oops. Forgot the camera.

Sorry, OT. In any case, I can forsee Det. Flores being a witness and she will attempt to grill him.

JMO

Yep. And you know another witness who will definitely be there? Dr. Horn!!! OMG, can you imagine? She'll never make it that far.

She is completely in over her head.. I would laugh at how ignorant she is if it wasn't for the fact of what the Alexander family is going through... I believe the twisted little witch is enjoying this. Give me some time alone with her :)

Love Kills

Jodi is copy-catting Bundy.

She will have her fans and manipulate. She played the victim card, and in the end, she went back = not abused. Travis did not deserve to be slaughtered by anyone. Interesting to see if Jodi comes out of the fog ....

Capture.JPG

Twitter comment on this pic:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ
(deleted names of @'s) That's how she looked today"

Yep. And you know another witness who will definitely be there? Dr. Horn!!! OMG, can you imagine? She'll never make it that far.
Well, she did sit through 1 trial, and JW fumbled with Dr. Horn real bad. Jodi has to get someone to admit the gun shot was first.
Still makes me wonder... Is it possible the gun shot was first? Shot in the face and cleared it's way into the cheek?
I broke orbital bone, cheek bone and other bones in my face... it is possible to survive, IMO.

Well, she did sit through 1 trial, and JW fumbled with Dr. Horn real bad. Jodi has to get someone to admit the gun shot was first.
Still makes me wonder... Is it possible the gun shot was first? Shot in the face and cleared it's way into the cheek?
I broke orbital bone, cheek bone and other bones in my face... it is possible to survive, IMO.

He was shot in the head. The answer is no. Dr. Horn testified to this repeatedly. The reason the gunshot-first theory was so important to the defense is that they didn't want to go into the stabbing and slit throat. They can rely on the fog (you know, she doesn't remember any of that. The gun "went off," and that's all she remembers).

The Wheels of Justice may not always be well-oiled, as it were, but, as someone with absolutely no first hand experience with the US justice system, I've always thought there were rules in place that could keep things chugging along more or less smoothly, most of the time. With Jodi acting as her own incompetent counsel, she can bob when she's supposed to weave and weave when she's supposed to bob, causing this trial to come grinding to a halt as often as possible. I suspect that the judge will start giving her less and less leeway, as Jodi runs out of excuses, schemes, and ploys. Ultimately, I doubt that anything Jodi does, or fails to do, will have any effect on the outcome of this part of her trial. Should she be required to know and follow all the rules? I'd think so. But I also think she will eventually hang, regardless of how much or how little rope the judge gives her. To paraphrase Dylan Thomas, Jodi will not go gentle into that good night, she'll do her utmost to rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Maybe the public would have greater access to courtroom proceedings if they (the public) were footing the bill. ;)

The "wink" says it all. Nice touch.

He was shot in the head. The answer is no. Dr. Horn testified to this repeatedly. The reason the gunshot-first theory was so important to the defense is that they didn't want to go into the stabbing and slit throat. They can rely on the fog (you know, she doesn't remember any of that. The gun "went off," and that's all she remembers).

Yep, they wanted the gunshot to be first to claim Travis did not suffer while being stabbed more than two dozen times and then having his throat cut. Gunshot first was their best hope of getting the DP taken off the table.

It may have been possible to survive that gunshot wound, but it would have been impossible for him to speak and/or make himself understood after it occurred, which JA adamantly insists he did. Dr. Horn can squash that prevarication should she try to interrogate him on the stand.

If life imitated art (and if TV courtroom dramas were "art"), maybe the Fiery Prosecutor could bring in an anatomically correct model of a human skull with an anatomically correct brain inside. Perhaps made out of styrofoam, and with indications where Travis' entry and exit wounds were. The Fiery Prosecutor could give this to the Hunky ME on the stand, along with a long dowel or something functionally equivalent, then instruct the Hunky ME to run the dowel through the skull using Travis' entry and exit wounds as guides, thus proving that Jodi's bullet MUST have gone through Travis' brain. The Hunky ME would still have to convince the jury that such a brain injury would have prevented Travis from doing the things Jodi says he did after the gun "went off."

Just an idea. I'm in no position to say what happened and when.

Yep, they wanted the gunshot to be first to claim Travis did not suffer while being stabbed more than two dozen times and then having his throat cut. Gunshot first was their best hope of getting the DP taken off the table.
Gunshot first could equate to self-defence, which is what she has been pushing for.

The reason the gunshot-first theory was so important to the defense is that they didn't want to go into the stabbing and slit throat. They can rely on the fog (you know, she doesn't remember any of that.

And yet... (from transcription above)

Juror Question 113) Were you mad at Travis when you were stabbing him?
A: I don't recall fear being a prominent, I mean sorry, I don't recall angry being a prominent
M: Objection, she said she can't remember if she does remember she should tell us
A: I remember the emotions, Judge
J: Alright, the question is were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him?
A: I don't remember being angry that way, I remember being terrified.

WTF? She remembers how she felt while she was doing something she doesn't remember doing? Weird. That's not at all the way my memory works. I guess it's different for different people.

If life imitated art (and if TV courtroom dramas were "art"), maybe the Fiery Prosecutor could bring in an anatomically correct model of a human skull with an anatomically correct brain inside. Perhaps made out of styrofoam, and with indications where Travis' entry and exit wounds were. The Fiery Prosecutor could give this to the Hunky ME on the stand, along with a long dowel or something functionally equivalent, then instruct the Hunky ME to run the dowel through the skull using Travis' entry and exit wounds as guides, thus proving that Jodi's bullet MUST have gone through Travis' brain. The Hunky ME would still have to convince the jury that such a brain injury would have prevented Travis from doing the things Jodi says he did after the gun "went off."

Just an idea. I'm in no position to say what happened and when.
Good thought, but, ultimately there were "errors" on the autopsy report.
Need to dig up photos again.

Need to dig up photos again.

Ugh. That gives me a horrible thought. Could Lawyer Jodi petition to have Travis exhumed, to prove or disprove something to her benefit? What an AWFUL thing to do to his family (making it exactly the kind of thing Jodi would do).

Gunshot first could equate to self-defence, which is what she has been pushing for.

So JA shot him first then dragged him all around the bathroom, down the hall and back again just for the heck of it? :gaah:

Gunshot first wouldn't have allowed him to crawl down the hallway and have his throat slit. He would've crumpled to the ground and bled out in the bathroom. There was NO chase to the closet for the gun. The gunshot was to finish him off and make sure he was dead. I believe Dr. Horn.

But being shot first and claiming he did not suffer why would it be necessary for her to stab him 29 times? Seriously, if he was not suffering he would surely not be of any danger to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell