Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hig Profile List still has the 4th as the next hearing, guess we'll have to wait a bit and see what is going on there this morning (and tomorrow).

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 16s

I'm in the courtroom waiting for #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 19s

All the lawyers are here #jodiarias

Y/N's doing the tweets on the Sidebar thread so we shall head that-a-way.

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer·21 mins
Martinez will be interviewing the mystery Arias witness tomorrow. Looks like a hearing for general housekeeping.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·21 mins
#jodiarias wants her expert to look at the exhibits

Juan wants contact info for these witnesses #jodiarias

"Defendant refuses to hand them over" #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·20 mins
#jodiarias says her witnesses don't want to talk to state because of how Juan handles them

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer·19 mins
Judge Stephens orders Arias to file the addresses under seal so that Martinez can make contact and the public will not get the addresses.

Judge says hand over contact info by noon tomorrow to state #jodiarias

She did testify that she ran out of gas, JM used that as a way to prove how much gas her tank held, I was thinking she said it was about 15 miles outside of Winnemucca but that doesn't seem right because she filled the tank as well as the gas cans when leaving SLC so would have had the gas to add to the tank. Actually there doesn't seem to be anywhere after SLC that she used the gas in the cans, as every fill up was enough to replace what was used on the previous leg until she got home.

I wonder if maybe JA was testing how much gas 1 tank would use and she couldnt get it restarted when it ran dry.

Im not sure if she filled her car up before leaving and just had the 3 cans full would that be enough to make it all the way or not. If it should make it all the way then maybe she made a mistake in CA when filling up.
When pumping gas sometimes the nozzle will trip making you think you are full but really all that happened is the nozzle tripped because the gas was coming out so fast the pump thought the tank was full but really it just tripped the nozzle by accident due to back pressure of all the gas.

No matter what happened I am pretty sure it was due to some malicious attempt by JA and she just made a stupid mistake. LOL

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·18 mins
Juan wants all raw data from experts turned over to Dr DeMarte #jodiarias they have until Sept 9th

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·17 mins
3 #jodiarias experts need interviewed and court wants it done Sept 8th

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·17 mins
#jodiarias wants Juan's civilian witness list. Juan says I don't know till you turn over your witnesses!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·16 mins
#jodiarias has a handwritten motion she's filing

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·15 mins
#jodiarias wants a hard drive from evidence

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer·12 mins
Advisory counsel Kirk Nurmi asks that interviews be scheduled when he can attend in case he once again becomes Jodi's lawyer. No go.

Michael Kiefer‏@michaelbkiefer·11 mins
Now to the subjects of cameras in the courtroom: Martinez does not object, but Jodi does. "There is more damage that can be done," she says.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·11 mins
Sept. 15th 8:30am for camera motion to be ruled on #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ·10 mins
#jodiarias will return tomorrow for part 2. Hearing had concluded

Aww not everything is going CMJA's way

#jodiarias keeps says not enough time to get her witnesses here for interview...Judge says must be done by Sept 8th

Well, we all knew Arias would not want her witnesses interviewed by Martinez. I suspect she also gave them assurances they would not face Juan in private. Surprise, Killer! Her expectations cannot be more unrealistic, & I include her protest that she doesn't have enough time to muster them by September 8. She has known since August but actually believed she could block their examination. Who does she think she is!!? And please don't tell me she is an attorney now. As Juan Martinez says, she is the defendant. The defendant she will remain until sentence is served upon her.

Please let this penalty trial be televised. I really want to see this fool "representing" herself.

Jodi does not want camera in court room? I can hardly believe what I am reading. She is concerned "more damage will be done"? What do you bet SS lets her have her way! Groan, we won't know until Judge rules on motion Sept 15.

Jodi talking about her "witnesses" doesn't mean there are (or ever were) any. She can now say that all these "witnesses" have backed out because they're afraid of JM, afraid of public scrutiny and ridicule, afraid of media backlash, and who knows what all else. "I had a whole bunch of witnesses all lined up to testify on my behalf, but now they're all afraid to come forward willingly and I'm too nice a person to force them via subpoenas. If in order to manipulate a jury into giving me the death penalty, the State needs to intimidate my supporters and to allow their own witnesses to flagrantly perjure themselves on the stand, then I can at least find solace in the fact that God knows the truth and that's really all that matters. I was hoping for a fair trial, but I have come to realize and accept that the State and in particular this prosecutor are not looking for the truth, they are looking for revenge."

Drinks on me if Jodi doesn't try this or something similar.

Jodi does not want camera in court room? I can hardly believe what I am reading. She is concerned "more damage will be done"? What do you bet SS lets her have her way! Groan, we won't know until Judge rules on motion Sept 15.

IMO court proceedings should all happen in front of a camera. And the footage should be available to the public, at least locally.

Court is a public domain. Some aspects need to be behind closed doors but trials should all be available for public viewing. Trials are about righting wrongs, about injustices and laws that have been broken, all of it of concern to the public. Nationwide broadcasting of all trials--or even local broadcasting of all trials in real time--may not be feasible but each state/county would be doing a public service if they were to have a public broadcasting network where specific courtroom happenings can be viewed--a video on demand setup, perhaps.

I do not know where the dregs of society get their expectation of privacy when being judged for their heinous acts. It must come from the same place as their belief that laws do not pertain to them.

I guess all her experience manipulating people has made Jodi an expert at innuendo, and, dammit, she can actually be quite articulate when no one is making her brain scramble. This nonsense about damage having already been done by media coverage of the trial is just another way for her to imply that her conviction wasn't fair. Does she think she's in her current predicament because the judge allowed cameras in the courtroom? Poor little you, Jodi. No one's buying it.

lol... "raw data" from Jodi's experts? Scribbles on cocktail napkins, a few Jodi quotations treated as facts, definitions of big words (like "hypothalamus"), checklists of criteria for PTSD and domestic violence/battered woman's syndrome (as filled out by Jodi), and maybe a few hastily-written pages of "notes"?

I have no doubt that Dr. DeMarte has impeccable and professional notes. Too bad for Jodi that JM hired an actual professional.

I saw the tweets today and am now completely confused. Can JA actually refuse to give this information to Martinez? And does she have any basis for asking for his witnesses first? Isn't there some kind of law governing this process, and if so, what's the protocol?

Maybe the public would have greater access to courtroom proceedings if they (the public) were footing the bill. ;)

I saw the tweets today and am now completely confused. Can JA actually refuse to give this information to Martinez? And does she have any basis for asking for his witnesses first? Isn't there some kind of law governing this process, and if so, what's the protocol?
No she was totally out of line on all points and yes there is law to cover every bit of it. She's just too busy trying to work out problems with her supporters to bother to read court procedure, apparently. JM is entitled, by law, to that information. She has his expert witnesses and discovery, he's already given her what she is entitled to at this point. That was said in court on the 20th. What she was asking was for was his 'civilian' witnesses, and he told her he wouldn't know who they would have to bring to rebut whatever her witnesses had to say until he could talk to her witnesses. Duh, JA! JSS told her to turn over the info by tomorrow and have the witnesses available for the 8th.

Also... I couldn't find this on the "general questions" thread, so I'll ask it here: In her interrogation with Detective Flores, Jodi mentions that she was "stranded" at one point during her road trip. Does anybody know what she meant by that? It would be pretty ironic if she ran out of gas somewhere.
Yeah, where are the other gas cans? Ditched with the gun and knife. Oops. Forgot the camera.

Sorry, OT. In any case, I can forsee Det. Flores being a witness and she will attempt to grill him.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members