Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why not Meebee but maybe alert your post and ask Lambchop if it's okay, just to be on the safe side?

There is a link on GeeVee's post that works. But you only link to twitter. But I will check for you.

Oh my, what's a girl to do? Haircuts, fan mail, art income management, court ordered deadlines....Pfftt. Just smile and delay. Justice is coming!

I read all this on FB..Juans supporter page. They have G.'s too. This Jodi is a real trip.

I think the date of the 29th on his Motion For Sanctions is interesting, along with formally asking the court to enforce 15.2. That specifically requires addresses, and gives the defendant 10 days after he turns over his list to furnish them. 15.2 gives the court discretion to change the dates but not the content, btw, but there has been no mention of an extension of the time requirement. The minute entry of 8/20 noted he had turned his list over, maybe on the 19th which would make the 29th the tenth day? He apparently did agree to work with them on this and tried, but JW blew him off. So he is now formally requesting full compliance of the code as written or alternatively not to allow their testimony. But all this time, the clock has been ticking on the 10 day requirement and that has now expired. They should have appreciated what they had.
----------
Trying for a postponement? I'd just take their witness off limits. Maybe there are NO witnesses!

Jodi said she would step down as her own council if the judge allowed her to fire Nurmi. This has always struck me as a very thinly veiled threat. Either Nurmi goes, or I'll cause as much trouble as I can, for as long as I can. Or in other words -- do what I want, or else. Once Jodi has shown someone what a malignant whack-job she is, with absolutely ZERO respect for boundaries or standards of behavior, this threat must be pretty effective. But jeeze, what kind of person tries this tactic with the judge presiding over their death penalty murder trial? I truly feel that Jodi figures what the hell at this point. She has nothing to lose and is just trying to mess with the court, make JM apoplectic, and, most importantly, cause as much pain as (in)humanly possible to Travis' family and friends.

And by the way, I think Jodi is now on her fourth pair of prop glasses? She started with the black circular frames, then she had the funky rectangular green ones, then the big brown ones during the trial, and now the whitish/clear ones? You'd think a person who gets new frames as often as Jodi does would maybe at least try to get something a little bit stylish. Unless the glasses are just a prop to make them look as nerdy and unthreatening as possible. She can't possibly think she's fooling anyone with her ridiculous "make-under." But, then again, she's had success in the past "changing her spots" to give whatever impression she's wanted to give.

Someone tell me what I read on one of the Facebook pages it a load of bs?!

She is getting to go to Travis's house??

I've not been around much as was following another trial but this can't be right???

Well, her PI does get to go to T's house. But not her.

Everything that I've seen from her after she was granted pro se - -this letter to geebee, her defiance of court, her odd tweets--confirms for me that she's gone around one bend too many.

Hopefully Stephens isn't worried that revoking pro se will be a valid appeal issue. I really don't think allowing her to represent herself is in anyone's best interest at this point, least of all the Alexanders. They've already suffered too many indignities and assaults by this murderer, and for far too long. Time for the show to end. Please.

I agree Hope4More - time for the show to end...

So, September 4th, next court date - we shall see if he gets the addresses or not, correct? :judge:

and
:welcome4: T-4-2

thread-sneaker-smiley.gif

Everything that I've seen from her after she was granted pro se - -this letter to geebee, her defiance of court, her odd tweets--confirms for me that she's gone around one bend too many.

Hopefully Stephens isn't worried that revoking pro se will be a valid appeal issue. I really don't think allowing her to represent herself is in anyone's best interest at this point, least of all the Alexanders. They've already suffered too many indignities and assaults by this murderer, and for far too long. Time for the show to end. Please.

Agree.

Although I am starting to think having JSS as judge in this case has not been in anyone's best interest either. She should have ordered those addresses turned over as soon as JM asked for them in court. The killer's claim that her witnesses did not want JM to have them was a joke but more importantly, irrelevant. He is entitled to them. It's the law.

I don't know where they were getting that from then. Weird.

Sure I read they said it was on HLN

Gosh, thanks! I can be a bit snide and sarcastic at times -- but only towards the Jodies of the world. I wonder if she'll ever completely go away. Maybe in 20 years or so if she gets the DP (maybe sooner if she pisses off the wrong people in prison), but I fear she's left a lasting stench that no amount of Febreze can eradicate.

Well, her PI does get to go to T's house. But not her.

What if the current owner of Travis house does not wish for her PI ( or whoever this person is) to enter his/her home? Does a US citizen have to allow a stranger into their home like this? AND what does entering or collecting any sort of info from Travis home HAVE TO DO WITH MITIGATING FACTORS to preclude her from getting death ? I do not understand for the life of me, how she was able to get JSS to allow this in the penalty phase. Would this have been allowed last time??

The killer's claim that her witnesses did not want JM to have them was a joke but more importantly, irrelevant.

Also a nice way to imply that JM is a bully/menace to society and her witnesses are afraid of him.

Guess she hasn't looked in a mirror lately.

Also a nice way to imply that JM is a bully/menace to society and her witnesses are afraid of him.

Guess she hasn't looked in a mirror lately.

Oh yes, JA's intent was to imply that JM does not play by the rules. It is a joke, but I do not think she meant it as one.

That JA's reasoning was given more than a nanosecond of consideration by the judge, I find astounding given it had no legal leg to stand on.

But it's AZ...so I may hear that there and only there, it did.

What if the current owner of Travis house does not wish for her PI ( or whoever this person is) to enter his/her home? Does a US citizen have to allow a stranger into their home like this? AND what does entering or collecting any sort of info from Travis home HAVE TO DO WITH MITIGATING FACTORS to preclude her from getting death ? I do not understand for the life of me, how she was able to get JSS to allow this in the penalty phase. Would this have been allowed last time??

I think a court order can force access to any crime scene, even privately owned property.

The question is whether this is still a crime scene in a sense of why access is usually requested. The square footage may be the same but apparently nothing else is. IIRC the closet shelving is still there but the shelves have been rearranged. There is no physical evidence remaining, apparently.

So in such a situation and after the passage of this much time I wonder if any judge would issue a court order or search warrant, or whatever else might be issued to force access. To get a search warrant even for a current crime scene one must list what they hope to glean from access to the scene.

Regarding the first jury, didn't JSS give them incomplete jury instructions? I am not sure they even knew that another jury would have to be reseated if they couldn't agree. The foreman alluded to being confused in post trial interviews in that he thought JSS would sentence the killer. I personally wish this judge would have been more in control of the entire trial. She always disappointed me in her decisions made during the trial - the endless side bars, for instance - and continues to do so post trial. On the other hand, however, the jury could have asked for clarificationeither way about the next step. My guess is they were pretty emotionally spent as well.
IMO, CMJA will bail in representing herself, I predict, one week prior to the beginning of this phase. She is way over her head.
If JA shows up with those "Survivor" teashirts again, I am going to faint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper