Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden@troyhaydenfox10 · 2h

Documentary filmmaker says #JodiArias gave ok for interview behind bars. @RealSheriffJoe says no to " tale of woe." pic.twitter.com/QnQkIR7pXo

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10

Of course she gave the OK. I'm sure the words "documentary filmmaker" made her little ears prick right up. She's probably hoping for Ken or Ric Burns. Heck, she's probably got the storyboard ready to go (in pencil).

Sheriff Joe doesn't always come off well in the media, but I'm so glad Jodi ended up in his jail.

Why did all asterisks show up in the address field? Just wondering.

Do you have a wireless keyboard in your lap? And a cat? That can sometimes result in unintentional characters if part of the cat is on part of the keyboard.

Or it could be an indication that you typed a really long "bad word" that was automatically censored.

The ruling I posted was actually in response to JA's motion to allow the results of some polygraph examination she apparently planned to take. But I agree that the judge made it perfectly clear how she feels about residual doubt evidence in her ruling on the polygraph motion. And she granted JM's motion, which was about residual doubt regardless of the title.

I don't think there will be any actual motion about "lingering doubt" defined as it was in the one article someone posted a while back. I believe the article said "lingering doubt" was about any doubt in a juror's mind regarding whether mitigation was sufficient to call for leniency. I think it would be perfectly appropriate for the defense to argue that jurors should resolve any lingering doubt on that issue in favor of JA. But that argument isn't going to allow JA to bring in "innocence" evidence.

We are lucky to have you around, AZ, to clarify. Thank you for taking the time to do so.:seeya:

Of course she gave the OK. I'm sure the words "documentary filmmaker" made her little ears prick right up. She's probably hoping for Ken or Ric Burns. Heck, she's probably got the storyboard ready to go (in pencil).

Sheriff Joe doesn't always come off well in the media, but I'm so glad Jodi ended up in his jail.
I'm afraid it may be more than just hearing about a documentary. See my post today in the Sidebar thread for some interesting connections

Do you have a wireless keyboard in your lap? And a cat? That can sometimes result in unintentional characters if part of the cat is on part of the keyboard.

Or it could be an indication that you typed a really long "bad word" that was automatically censored.

No it's my wireless keyboard. Haha.

So I was followed by Acquit Jodi Ann on Twitter. I went to block them because...no. And before I did I saw this:

@JodiAnnArias: It's official: Jodi is not representing herself anymore.

Hmmmmm...

Aw, c'mon. She couldn't even make it through jury selection? :floorlaugh: Honestly, I think this has to do with her witnesses (or lack thereof).

Is this penalty phase retrial going to as much as get off the ground?!

Aw, c'mon. She couldn't even make it through jury selection? :floorlaugh: Honestly, I think this has to do with her witnesses (or lack thereof).

Is this penalty phase retrial going to as much as get off the ground?!

Someone on the sidebar said this might have something to do with the witness interviews that just happened OR the PI didn't find what she was looking for and she backed out. Doubt well found out the truth, though. They'll just say it was all Juan's fault. Personally I think it's a combination of all this and her not getting her way in preventing Juan from interviewing her witnesses.

Good news. Since she hates Nurmi and he doesn't like her nine days out of ten, maybe he can speed this trial up a bit and get on with his life so she can be sent away. I can dream.

Is there a tentative date for this thing to start? It was supposed to start tomorrow, IIRC. It keeps getting put off and put off. Do they have a date yet for it, at all.

Is there a tentative date for this thing to start? It was supposed to start tomorrow, IIRC. It keeps getting put off and put off. Do they have a date yet for it, at all.

Yes they rescheduled it because Jodi wouldn't turn over witness lists in time. It's now slated for 9/29.

If true the convicted murder has stepped down I wonder if we are back to Nurmi strategy or will her DT carry-on with the murders plan.

I don't want to see another delay but I'm sure hiccups are right around the corner.

Know what I am thinking? If The killer is no longer representing herself, it's because of sheriff joes letter. She wants that movie made and she wants cameras in the courtroom. Regardless what she claimed earlier. JMO.

I thought the letter requesting to meet her for the documentary was from last March?

Good news. Since she hates Nurmi and he doesn't like her nine days out of ten, maybe he can speed this trial up a bit and get on with his life so she can be sent away. I can dream.

The only good thing if Nurmi gets it back is that I am sure he is wanting this over with just as much as we are. I dont think even he would want to drag things out like he did the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487