Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, c'mon. She couldn't even make it through jury selection? :floorlaugh: Honestly, I think this has to do with her witnesses (or lack thereof).

Is this penalty phase retrial going to as much as get off the ground?!

I'm already on record as well into 2015, if not later.

WS has an automatic stripper for some websites that they do not allow and it will replace with asterisks :moo: (btw, it also works in pm's :) ) just sayin'

BBM

I thought you were talking about the murderess.

I do remember that and his reason for wanting to be present was in the event that this happened. I suppose JW would have attended. As much as CMJA hates Nurmi it wouldn't surprise me if JW presented the defense case.I do not believe there will be any delay but who knows?.

Wishful thinking, but I fully expect many delays.

Just seen this utter nonsense,just let nurmi and wilmott take the lead and get it over with.

Wonder why the change of heart

Maybe 1. she couldn't find anyone to lie for her 2. her PI didn't find anything to change the events of her evil deeds 3. her expert can't find any evidence that she was abused 4. she didn't need any more time to enjoy her "extra" privileges ?

The delay wasn't even JA's fault for once, IIRC. This was the jail not letting an expert into the visiting room when they had apparently had them cleared ahead of time, and then the expert was not available to return because of other engagements until 3 weeks later.

Oh yes, I remember now. I had a feeling a I had it wrong.

:sorry:

I have yet to visit JA's website. She's not going to get any page views from me. Bet she's running ads on it too. I wont follow her on twitter either in case the media reports her followers as being the number of supporters she has.

And I want Travis family to sue her already. I am sick of her profiting of this case.

You don't have to follow her on twitter to read her or her followers' comments, just do a search for her name. I don't go to her web page either...if something of interest is going on it's usually covered on TA friendly sites.

Okay, so the whole idea of serving as her own attorney was a scheme to get rid of Nurmi and when that didn't work she was stuck. That's what I'm getting out of this anyway. Then there's the whole idea that her "witnesses" don't want to deal with JM because of how he treats them supposedly. Well, even if they could somehow refuse to have JM interview them ahead of time, what do they think is going to happen when they get on the stand? Jodi's inability to think ahead continually amazes me.

I'm sure that we'll be seeing posts about how the courts are rigged against her, and there's a conspiracy to prevent people from testifying or producing evidence (she's been harping on this for awhile), and how unfair it all is, blah, blah, blah. Well, welcome to the real world, Jodi, where the same rules apply to all of us, including you.

Jodi probably got it stuck in her head that her mitigation should go a specific way and her attorneys tried to get her to see it was a pipe dream. She decided to go it alone (represent herself) so she could present what she wanted the jury to hear. But then all or most of her motions to the court were denied because what she proposed to do was not something acceptable to the penalty phase of trial. With that, she found herself with not much to put before the jury.

I think she believed she knew more than her attorneys and if she had to go over their heads to get in front of the jury what she wanted, she would do just that. Of course, that failed because even though her crime had no real defense, her defense team gave it their all. They said and did whatever they could to get her any break possible. There just are not that many breaks possible in a case like this. Jodi sees it not as her case was fairly close to a slam dunk for the state, but as her attorneys didn't do their best. I imagine she made numerous suggestions all along for how best to defend her and she is beside herself with thoughts of her attorneys' ignorance. She is indeed a piece of work.

Yikes. It just occurred to me than when they do Sentencing Phase Take 2, Jodi will get to put on another "Please don't kill me, I draw good, I grow hair and read, plus my super beloved family would be like totally bummed, oh also because t-shirts" multi-media presentation. Maybe this time around she could try interpretive dance. (Maybe "Born Free" would be a good music choice?) That could not possibly make a worse impression that her first attempt.

Okay, so the whole idea of serving as her own attorney was a scheme to get rid of Nurmi and when that didn't work she was stuck. That's what I'm getting out of this anyway. Then there's the whole idea that her "witnesses" don't want to deal with JM because of how he treats them supposedly. Well, even if they could somehow refuse to have JM interview them ahead of time, what do they think is going to happen when they get on the stand? Jodi's inability to think ahead continually amazes me.

I'm sure that we'll be seeing posts about how the courts are rigged against her, and there's a conspiracy to prevent people from testifying or producing evidence (she's been harping on this for awhile), and how unfair it all is, blah, blah, blah. Well, welcome to the real world, Jodi, where the same rules apply to all of us, including you.

BBM

The understatement of the year. lol

You don't have to follow her on twitter to read her or her followers' comments, just do a search for her name. I don't go to her web page either...if something of interest is going on it's usually covered on TA friendly sites.

Yes, I neither follow her, nor go to her sites and it was only be chance that I came across that tweet earlier when I was preparing to block Jodi Arias Supoorter who'd followed me for some reason and had Jodi's tweet atop their page at the time. I really don't care what she has to say and after this is all over I hope to make her a distant memory.

Actually, it's a fairly shrewd, but predictable and calculated move on her part.

JSKS told her that if she represented herself there would be not delays, and then she promptly granted a delay due, ostensibly, to a jailhouse deputy who didn't bend over backwards for the especially cruel lying torture murderess.

JSKS did not say there would not be delays if she was represented by counsel.

Thus, the murderess simply punted to option 2, expecting to milk more delays.

And I believe she'll get them from JSKS.

I think there will be delays, too.

Also, I wonder if Nurmi is going to tell JSS what time court must end each day. During trial it was "no later than 4:30 PM" so JA could get home in time for din-din.

Actually, it's a fairly shrewd, but predictable and calculated move on her part.

JSKS told her that if she represented herself there would be not delays, and then she promptly granted a delay due, ostensibly, to a jailhouse deputy who didn't bend over backwards for the especially cruel lying torture murderess.

JSKS did not say there would not be delays if she was represented by counsel.

Thus, the murderess simply punted to option 2, expecting to milk more delays.

And I believe she'll get them from JSKS.

I think she kind of had to there. Like I said, in this last hearing Jodi made numerous requests, even for delay, and each one was denied, denied, denied. I very much think the judge is serious about this and there's nothing more to delay. I personally feel pretty good about it. IMO MOO.

Jodi's inability to think ahead continually amazes me.

And she's not learning from her mistakes. Jodi did manage to come up with a detailed and elaborate plan to kill Travis -- but completely ignored a bunch of (dare I say) gaping holes, and she clearly thought she had covered all the bases, no one would ever even suspect her, let alone arrest her for first degree murder. And of course, after she was in fact arrested, she had the nerve to proclaim "no jury will ever convict me." Not a good idea to give the prosecution these damning sound-bites... but she can't seem to stop herself.

DeMarte called her immature. Jodi gives the impression of having the foresight of a snotty seventh-grader with a relatively large vocabulary and a massive ego.

I think she kind of had to there. Like I said, in this last hearing Jodi made numerous requests, even for delay, and each one was denied, denied, denied. I very much think the judge is serious about this and there's nothing more to delay. I personally feel pretty good about it. IMO MOO.

I felt pretty good about the no delay assertion too. But now with Nurmi back at the helm I think there could be some--possibly just because attorneys can have scheduling issues. I hope they will be few and far between and that this thing can be done and over with in a reasonable time frame. If Nurmi wants this over with as much as I think he does, he should get his act together and give a good argument, then let the chips fall where they may.

Ever push a cart with a three-year-old in it through a grocery store? "No, no, no, no, no..."

It doesn't always end well.

I felt pretty good about the no delay assertion too. But now with Nurmi back at the helm I think there could be some--possibly just because attorneys can have scheduling issues. I hope they will be few and far between and that this thing can be done and over with in a reasonable time frame. If Nurmi wants this over with as much as I think he does, he should get his act together and give a good argument, then let the chips fall where they may.

I'm sticking to it! If I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it!

JVM did a segment on this Arias development. A crawl at the bottom of the screen read that there would be another attorney than Nurmi taking up her representation. I've seen nothing about that elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann