Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Defense Expert Damage Travis Alexander’s Computer Hard Drive?

November 14, 2014 by The Trial Diaries

In a new motion filed by Juan Martinez, it states that the “defense expert damaged the computer during his last examination preventing the State from making a mirror image of the hard drive.” The State is requesting a copy of the mirror image to examine the defendant’s claims made in that salacious motion handed in by defense over the weekend. Take a look, read, and see what you think……The Trial Diaries

http://thetrialdiaries.com/did-defense-expert-damage-travis-alexanders-computer-hard-drive/

This makes zero sense to me. Wouldn't the state have generated a mirror image long before they turned the computer over to the defense? I could see it if the defense is supposed to generate a mirror image before they do anything, and he wants to compare before and after. But that's not how this was worded if I read it correctly.

Just dropping in to find out if we are still being tortured by the line by line analysis of THE e-mail. :rolleyes:

I just don't see how any of that matters. If I was on that jury, I would be thinking. . .so. CMJA was not married to TA, they didn't have children together. She was free to not talk to him, not see him and not have sex at any time! Even if he was an abusive jerk just using her for sex what does that have to do with her killing him or CMJA claiming self-defense?! :pullhair:

This makes zero sense to me. Wouldn't the state have generated a mirror image long before they turned the computer over to the defense? I could see it if the defense is supposed to generate a mirror image before they do anything, and he wants to compare before and after. But that's not how this was worded if I read it correctly.

The state made a mirror image before deletions happened. He now needs to make a mirror image of the hard drive as it is now, after the deletions, to do an analysis, but they damaged it. So he needs their copy. IMO.

When diagnosed Travis as a sociopath stating "he's a sociopath with how he treats women," I knew instantly she is a quack who doesn't know what she's talking about, especially when the real sociopath is sitting about 15 feet from her. A knowledgable psychologist would never have said it that way nor attempted to diagnose someone based on things said in one email chain.

Yeah, I'd like Juan to ask her what tests he administered to Travis to determine...oh, wait, none, because JA BUTCHERED HIM!!!!! Sorry to rant.

When Detective Flores was investigating the homicide, he interviewed Chris Hughes, who told him he knew immediately that Jodi Arias was responsible. This fit with his statement to Nurmi from the stand that he would not be willing to testify for the defense "because she murdered my friend in cold blood." The couple must have deep regrets that they misjudged Arias and the 'romance' and their friend and were so persistent & expressive on the topic in their email outreach.

The state made a mirror image before deletions happened. He now needs to make a mirror image of the hard drive as it is now, after the deletions, to do an analysis, but they damaged it. So he needs their copy. IMO.

DOH! I see it now. It was the second thing I said. The defense team "damaged" it and perhaps didn't make a mirror image before doing so.

I'm wondering. ....

Jodi Arias murdered Travis Alexander and they barely dated. Matt Mc whatever dated her for two years. But lived. What kind of voodoo magic does he have? Or is Jodi holding something over him? Why would he allegedly help her years after they broke up in very um strange ways? Could she have threatened him as well?

BBM - Then again, if Juan can - in a short amount of time - convince jurors that anything that comes from JA's side of the room is a lie, that would be a good thing.

Yes. He can clear up with10 questions in under 30 minutes testimony Nurmi took damn near 12 hours to present.

DOH! I see it now. It was the second thing I said. The defense team "damaged" it and perhaps didn't make a mirror image before doing so.

They did make one back in 2012, though, when their computer guy did his analysis. This would be after the deletions. He may want this. Hopefully they have it.

Again, I think a great strategy on cross would be to show this email to Dr. F and have her agonizingly read through it line by line and mind-read about JA's intentions and how this email shows JA's appeasement of Travis's unreasonable behavior, etc. etc.:

"Hey You…
I haven’t heard back from you. I hope you’re not still upset that I didn’t come to see you, I just didn’t have enough time off. It’s ok, sweetie, you’re going to be here in less than two weeks – we’re going to see the sights, check things off “The List,” and all kinds of fun things. Oregon is BEAUTIFUL this time of the year. Yaaay!..... be happy!
Anyway I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking about pushing my visit up to next week, but it depends on my budget, so I’m not for sure yet. I know you’ll be in Cancun, but I’ll probably crash at your house in your cozy bed anyway… eat some of your oatmeal and frozen dinners you know, the usual – jk I know you said the door is always open, but I wanted to give you a heads up. If for any reason that won’t work, let me know and I’ll make arrangements. Your house has always been my second home, although it’s a bit more lonely without Naps around. You’re probably in California right now, but wherever you are, get a hold of me, at least before you get to Mexico.
Thanks hon, -Jodi "

and then spring it on her that it was written after Jodi had KILLED Travis and therefore maybe, just maybe, this practice of email analysis with no context is risky business.

I'd be willing to bet the defense hasn't shown the email to Dr. F--it isn't relevant to their theme. And if they have, JM could still make a big deal out of the fact that Dr. F wants to consider the context for THIS email but doesn't seem to care about that for any other email.

That would be breath-taking! Amazing strategy. Sometimes I wish JM was reading some of this stuff because the thoughts on here are so brilliant.

Yes, I agree. Especially since their "you're abusive to women" BS was in regards to his behavior pre-Jodi as well. It's not like their criticism was purely based on what JA told them. Maybe JM can somehow make it clear to the jurors that the behavior the Hudges deem "abusive" might only be abusive to them because of their own beliefs.

I completely agree. The Hughes definition of abusive is different than the average person. They are viewing the situation between Jodi and Travis through the lens of their religion and that colors their opinion. That is why you can't judge a person or their behavior based on emails alone. There is no way of knowing without asking the person what the words they are using mean to them personally. I may consider something sinful that someone else does not. Likewise, the Hughes calling someone abusive does not automatically mean that the person is abusive as society as a whole would define it. It is maddening that the Hughes' words are being picked apart like this.

It doesn't have anything to do with her credibility. Everyone is hoping that Juan will call the Hughes' to provide context to these emails.

Again, you're talking about the defense presenting a picture of Travis that is lacking in context. Making the point that you can't get a full picture from a few emails is making the point that this woman did not get a full picture of Travis or their relationship. Did you actually interview these people to find out what they meant? Did you interview his other friends? Family? Previous girlfriends? He certainly made all these points, especially the lack of context, in the first trial. It is dangerous to provide your "diagnosis" of someone based on so little info. I'm sure he will make other points, as well. The lack of context thing would only be one small point and I think the point is AZL's suggestion would be a clever way to go about that.

She also says she made her conclusions by watching previous testimony. I'd be very curious if the defense allowed her to watch the cross examinations or jury questions or, you know, interviewed these people herself. She's supposed to be providing a forensic analysis and she went about it all wrong.

You and AZL are right. I still have some residual doubt ;) but think in any case bottom line is still bottom line- even if he was a complete jerk it would have nothing to do with her premeditating and carrying through his brutal murder .

A juror who wants to believe he was an abuser and excuse her won't need those emails to rationalize their view .

Again, I think a great strategy on cross would be to show this email to Dr. F and have her agonizingly read through it line by line and mind-read about JA's intentions and how this email shows JA's appeasement of Travis's unreasonable behavior, etc. etc.:

"Hey You…
I haven’t heard back from you. I hope you’re not still upset that I didn’t come to see you, I just didn’t have enough time off. It’s ok, sweetie, you’re going to be here in less than two weeks – we’re going to see the sights, check things off “The List,” and all kinds of fun things. Oregon is BEAUTIFUL this time of the year. Yaaay!..... be happy!
Anyway I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking about pushing my visit up to next week, but it depends on my budget, so I’m not for sure yet. I know you’ll be in Cancun, but I’ll probably crash at your house in your cozy bed anyway… eat some of your oatmeal and frozen dinners you know, the usual – jk I know you said the door is always open, but I wanted to give you a heads up. If for any reason that won’t work, let me know and I’ll make arrangements. Your house has always been my second home, although it’s a bit more lonely without Naps around. You’re probably in California right now, but wherever you are, get a hold of me, at least before you get to Mexico.
Thanks hon, -Jodi "

and then spring it on her that it was written after Jodi had KILLED Travis and therefore maybe, just maybe, this practice of email analysis with no context is risky business.

I'd be willing to bet the defense hasn't shown the email to Dr. F--it isn't relevant to their theme. And if they have, JM could still make a big deal out of the fact that Dr. F wants to consider the context for THIS email but doesn't seem to care about that for any other email.

I love it. Just love it.

When diagnosed Travis as a sociopath stating "he's a sociopath with how he treats women," I knew instantly she is a quack who doesn't know what she's talking about, especially when the real sociopath is sitting about 15 feet from her. A knowledgable psychologist would never have said it that way nor attempted to diagnose someone based on things said in one email chain.

How in the world did I miss those tweets? You mean she diagnosed Travis as a sociopath and she has never even set eyes on him? What professional would do something like that? I am floored. Based on these emails? And how does a professional diagnose someone they have never examined?

Did Defense Expert Damage Travis Alexander’s Computer Hard Drive?

November 14, 2014 by The Trial Diaries

In a new motion filed by Juan Martinez, it states that the “defense expert damaged the computer during his last examination preventing the State from making a mirror image of the hard drive.” The State is requesting a copy of the mirror image to examine the defendant’s claims made in that salacious motion handed in by defense over the weekend. Take a look, read, and see what you think……The Trial Diaries

http://thetrialdiaries.com/did-defense-expert-damage-travis-alexanders-computer-hard-drive/

I'm really curious to find out what really happened here. Either there was *advertiser censored*, or there was not *advertiser censored*. It can't have had no *advertiser censored* and no malware when Melendez examined it (or examined its cloned image, hopefully) in 2008, had malware that downloaded and deleted *advertiser censored* in 2009, then had no *advertiser censored* or malware when Lonnie Dworkin examined it for the defense in 2012, then suddenly have thousands of deleted *advertiser censored* files in 2014. Unpossible.

Thanks for the great welcome! I am a regular trial watcher (oh how I miss Court TV)...but this trial in particular has really gotten under my skin. The audacity and clear evil of the defendant is just astonishing. I have analyzed this case and testimony to a degree that is, frankly, unhealthy. Lol. But friends will get bored with the minutiae so it's definitely great to have a place to discuss these things and get other perspectives. I have learned so much by reading here. Like the others here I am curious about the Hughes not being called to testify and explain their own emails. One thing I had heard in the past about them is that after the so-called "pedo" letters came out, the Hughes were basically tricked into thinking (by the Defense) that Travis was a proven pedophile and they proceeded to make some negative statements about him in light of that. Obviously, those letters were proven to be a fraud, but they had already made damaging statements, which would be brought to light if they were called to testify. I am not sure of the validity of this or even where I read/heard this. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have to listen to my emails being analyzed and explained without me having the chance to give my side. One thing that is clear, the Hughes definition of abusive behavior is inaccurate. It is certainly skewed by their belief system. In fundamental Christian religions dating is taken very seriously. You don't date for fun, you date with the goal of marriage. So their opinion needs to be viewed from that lens. What they consider bad and abusive behavior is not necessarily something that other people would consider to be so. I really don't understand why these emails are even being analyzed to this degree, as if they were Gospel and the Hughes are some omniscient people with a flawless perspective that had no personal bias or agenda when they wrote them. I find it bizarre.

THank you for this post Gwen and please don't stop posting. I'm reading every word of yours as I know everyone else is so please keep sharing (I get wordy too, in posting and real life),

I'm now confused at Chris Hughes testimony was I was there and saw him testify but now can't remember the situation. Most all of Nurmi's time up blurred in to arm twirling and redroning.

How in the world did I miss those tweets? You mean she diagnosed Travis as a sociopath and she has never even set eyes on him? What professional would do something like that? I am floored. Based on these emails? And how does a professional diagnose someone they have never examined?

I thought there was an email where Travis referred to himself as a "sociopath" to the Hughes about his lack of feeling for Jodi and their dynamic...am I wrong?

That would be breath-taking! Amazing strategy. Sometimes I wish JM was reading some of this stuff because the thoughts on here are so brilliant.

Yeah try sicing the Websleuths prosecution team on this case. 15 min deliberation...death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20