Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured booting up with Spyware would be the issue here. I am a QA analyst, trust me, when procedure is not followed, you will pay for it later; no shortcuts.

That's probably the reason why a computer is not supposed to be turned off after it's given to LE (learning so much) which makes sense. But the DT probably didn't know this and just wanted to have a look-see at the computers and phones and such. Who knows why. I'm sure Nurmi is going to blame it all on Juan and Flores for not letting them know these things, but what would they have done if Juan had told them no, you can't do that? They'd accuse of some sort of misconduct, accuse him of hiding something and make a judge make him. His hands are tied.

This is all so stupid though. They were viruses. And even so, you can't just look at a website title and say, hey, that sounds mildly pedophiliic because it has the word virgin in it, must be child *advertiser censored*! NO! You gotta have evidence of that. You can't just say it. This crap wouldn't have helped Jodi anyhow, and with the suspiciousness of the dates, might have even hurt her further.

I wanna know who this guy is, was he brought on by Jodi while acting pro per, and why/how they damaged the hard drive. That's evidence. The plot thickens...

Sounds about right if someone using the computer when to a virus plagued search word.

Or by clicking an email, downloading something infected with it like a screensaver or a video, visiting questionable sites, etc.

Predator might be implying Jodi had help or commissioned a murder. Or some such. He seems aware of her involvement in the crime.
It is hard at first Jodi did this, hence why she was not sentenced the first around.

But, YES, Jodi butchered and slaughtered Travis all on her own. It's called premeditation.

It is hard at first Jodi did this, hence why she was not sentenced the first around.

But, YES, Jodi butchered and slaughtered Travis all on her own. It's called premeditation.

For sure.

But I still think people should be able to bounce their ideas off us without getting laughed off the board!

The whole computer hard drive thing, while fascinating and thorougly confusing to me, I fail to find relevant. It wasn't child or snuff *advertiser censored* so why does it matter if TA had *advertiser censored* or evidence that he watched *advertiser censored* on his laptop? Seven out of ten American men have watched *advertiser censored* online. So what's the point? To prove that TA was a pretty normal guy? That he was sexually healthy? Oh, maybe he was a bad Mormon?! :confused:

Sooooo! None of those things are punishable by death.

:happydance::drumroll::happydance:Welcome to all "Newbies"!! What took you so long to get here?:happydance::drumroll::happydance:

The whole computer hard drive thing, while fascinating and thorougly confusing to me, I fail to find relevant. It wasn't child or snuff *advertiser censored* so why does it matter if TA had *advertiser censored* or evidence that he watched *advertiser censored* on his laptop? Seven out of ten American men have watched *advertiser censored* online. So what's the point? To prove that TA was a pretty normal guy? That he was sexually healthy? Oh, maybe he was a bad Mormon?! :confused:

All the defence has to do is defend Jodi. All they think they need to do is make Travis look bad.
JMO

I cannot wait for the vile Nurmi and Co. spew when it comes to this "prosecutional misconduct" computer nonsense. ;) ;)

You are right in that viewing *advertiser censored* should have nothing to do with this, but Nurmi is trying to say that Juan has tampered with evidence!!

All the defence has to do is defend Jodi. All they think they need to do is make Travis look bad.
JMO

I get that. I just think the defense is WRONG. It doesn't matter what they claim TA did. If TA was a raging alcoholic that masturbated to *advertiser censored* all day, sitting around in his underwear eating Cheetos while working as a grouchy debt collector talking little old ladies out of their social security $ to pay their gandkids' debt. . .if he's not breaking the law in a most heinous way, how does that justify what CMJA did to him?

Well, we know one thing for sure, Travis didn't access those *advertiser censored* websites on the last date, he was deceased. I wonder how they will explain that one?

Welcome Newbies. While I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, it would be helpful if everyone viewed all the evidence and testimony before forming a conclusion that contradicts anything/everything presented at trial. We are in the sentencing phase. The killer has admitted to the crime, perpetrated by her, solely. Additionally, I find it hurtful and offensive to continually drag innocent people into this crime. Matt was not there that night. Travis did not abuse the killer. The killer was not abused by her family. The ninja's didn't do it, the skateboarders weren't involved...etc.. Enough is enough. Let's leave the innocent victims out of this...please.

Well, we know one thing for sure, Travis didn't access those *advertiser censored* websites on the last date, he was deceased. I wonder how they will spill that one?

Welcome Newbies. While I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, it would be helpful if everyone viewed all the evidence and testimony before forming a conclusion that contradicts anything/everything presented at trial. We are in the sentencing phase. The killer has admitted to the crime, perpetrated by her, solely. Additionally, I find it hurtful and offensive to continually drag innocent people into this crime. Matt was not there that night. Travis did not abuse the killer. The killer was not abused by her family. The ninja's didn't do it, the skateboarders weren't involved...etc.. Enough is enough. Let's leave the innocent victims out of this...please.

Agree 100%. <3. Off to bed. Sleep well WSers.

Just thought of something re: 2009 visit. JM says they plugged in the laptop and turned it on. But wouldn't the laptop need an internet connection for the malware to do it's work? Not to mention how long it would take to download that many files, etc. Ugh, I just need to quit thinking about this mess.

'Prepaid legal aka Legal Sheild is a MLM scheme... all perfectly legal such as: Shaklee, Amway, Mary Kay, Scentsy, Avon, NuSkin, Juice Plus, etc. Buyer beware and do your own homework before you invest/get involved in ANY MLM plan.

Do you know if they ever held meeting or group sessions at the Ventana Inn?

Again, I think a great strategy on cross would be to show this email to Dr. F and have her agonizingly read through it line by line and mind-read about JA's intentions and how this email shows JA's appeasement of Travis's unreasonable behavior, etc. etc.:

"Hey You…
I haven’t heard back from you. I hope you’re not still upset that I didn’t come to see you, I just didn’t have enough time off. It’s ok, sweetie, you’re going to be here in less than two weeks – we’re going to see the sights, check things off “The List,” and all kinds of fun things. Oregon is BEAUTIFUL this time of the year. Yaaay!..... be happy!
Anyway I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking about pushing my visit up to next week, but it depends on my budget, so I’m not for sure yet. I know you’ll be in Cancun, but I’ll probably crash at your house in your cozy bed anyway… eat some of your oatmeal and frozen dinners you know, the usual – jk I know you said the door is always open, but I wanted to give you a heads up. If for any reason that won’t work, let me know and I’ll make arrangements. Your house has always been my second home, although it’s a bit more lonely without Naps around. You’re probably in California right now, but wherever you are, get a hold of me, at least before you get to Mexico.
Thanks hon, -Jodi "

and then spring it on her that it was written after Jodi had KILLED Travis and therefore maybe, just maybe, this practice of email analysis with no context is risky business.

I'd be willing to bet the defense hasn't shown the email to Dr. F--it isn't relevant to their theme. And if they have, JM could still make a big deal out of the fact that Dr. F wants to consider the context for THIS email but doesn't seem to care about that for any other email.

Y.o.u R.O.C.K. :loveyou:

I've read it all. None of the allegations, brought up by defense attorneys, went anywhere. Nurmi already accused Juan and Flores of signing the computer out themselves to tamper with it. But they didn't do it. At least not all by their lonesome selves. So now he's trying to blame them for letting it happen. He's just trying to make something stick, just like all defense attorneys do. Their allegations are not always to be taken seriously.

It sounds to me like Nurmi's allegation is a bit more serious than throwing a less serious allegation out there to make it stick. I posted this conversation between JVM and Beth Karas in a previous thread but will post again in case someone that has not seen it is interested. BK says the allegation is damning, serious. I cannot imagine both KN and JW making false accusations just for JA. It is not like she is OJ Simpson. Stranger things have happened though. Guess we will find out someday.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154793765755693&set=vb.114250430692&type=2&theater

All I have to say tonight is...it's going on 7 years since Travis was murdered. Enough is enough!! It's time for justice to be served. It's long overdue.

It sounds to me like Nurmi's allegation is a bit more serious than throwing a less serious allegation out there to make it stick. I posted this conversation between JVM and Beth Karas in a previous thread but will post again in case someone that has not seen it is interested. BK says the allegation is damning, serious. I cannot imagine both KN and JW making false accusations just for JA. It is not like she is OJ Simpson. Stranger things have happened though. Guess we will find out someday.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154793765755693&set=vb.114250430692&type=2&theater

It's a very serious allegation.

I'm sure they feel their accusation is serious and something like this should certainly be taken seriously. But it's clear they had not even gotten all their facts before they filed this motion. Perhaps it's hard to imagine them making false accusations, but they have before, most especially Nurmi.

The previous defense team requested permission to examine Travis' computer, Travis' phone, etc. And they were complied with. It was turned on, they looked at it, and they gave it back. On this date, when they were looking at it, some alleged deletions happened. Now Nurmi is accusing Juan and Flores of doing this. But the defense is the one who examined it. Couldn't they just as well be the ones who did it?Nurmi's accusation was based mostly around his allegation that the computer was wrongly signed out for "services" and no one was told. That is just not what happened. So that's a strike against something in his motion. Could they still have made deletions? It's possible. But thousands of deletions, en masse, between the time the defense attorney left and the time they signed it back in? For what purpose? If Juan was gonna destroy damning evidence, why'd he leave these Hughes emails? Why'd he leave the text messages where Travis is mean to Jodi? Why would he risk his decades long career on little old Jodi Arias? Why risk completely damaging his airtight case against her? Why do something that has a very good chance of being tracked, knowing the defense would hire their own forensics expert?

So what basis does Nurmi have for these accusations now? If he's going to make them, he better have some good evidence to back it up, because, again, they're very serious. And if he was so confident about what he was bringing, why would he change his argument in the middle of arguing the motion from destroying evidence to prosecutorial misconduct because they allowed the defense to do something that caused deletions? Because he's trying to make this stick and clean some of the egg off his face.

And if their expert did indeed destroy a key piece of evidence during his examination, that's no good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi