Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is the Polly Anna of psychopaths. She takes no criticism, none. And manages to see daylight at every turn. It amazes me. Has she EVER spent ONE moment on realistic self-reflection.

I do get some satisfaction when Juan hits a nerve enough to get a demonic sneer from her.

And sorry....but I do gag at her "timid", "ladylike controlled voice" where she tries hard to appear confused and oh so innocent of any "rage filled murderous hate".

Yet then we line all if that to the crime we know she planned and executed. It's baffling and part of why this case has gotten so much play and why she's so dangerous.

As we banter about the "hard drive" issue, IIRC, several forum members thought the"voice" of the DT motion was "off." Then, in the course of TRYING to find the official evidence/search warrant results collected when JA was finally brought into custody (NOTE: Somebody send me a hammer, so I can rid myself of OCD misery) …

Anyway, while poking around for police files, I ran across a comedic gem. It's motion for mistrial filed 4-7-2013

The mid-section of this motion for mistrial attempts to back-fill with case law. But the opening is so clearly JA, flashing her “Einsteinian” IQ.

No wonder Nurmi wants off the case. As lead, he has no choice but to file his client’s legal justifications (right AZL?). Since this doc is a court filing, I’m pasting portions of it here (with my comments). Hope that’s OK, mods.

Filed with the Court 4-7-2013 Filing ID 5196778a

COMES NOW, Ms. Arias, (SERIOUSLY?) “Bring out your dead!!” by and through undersigned counsel to request that a mistrial be declared based on the prosecutorial misconduct that has infested like fleas these proceedings with a level of unfairness that cannot be cured bacon comes to mind … and the sizzle bar by any other means. Ms. Arias bases this assertion on the fact that the circus like atmosphere inside the courtroom that to date has included counsel for the State yelling at witnesses, attacking witnesses on personal level and throwing evidence.

Not content with confining his misconduct to inside the courtroom counsel for the State, pursuant to his own admissions, chose to release evidence that was not coming into evidence at trial to the media and to pose for pictures with his so called fans on the courthouse steps has turned what is supposed to be trial that comports with the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution and Art. 2, §§ 4, 15, 23, and 24 of the Arizona Constitution into something that more closely resembles a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693. Wish we had an Amendment to the Constitution against run-on sentences.

This State like Minnesota?of affairs has placed counsel for Ms. Arias in a position that they cannot fulfill the duties they owe Ms. Arias, pursuant Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 6.8. Counsel’s inability to fulfill these duties would thus result in Ms. Arias not having the benefit of the rights she is due pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution. Support for this Motion can be found in the attached Memorandum of Points and Authorities that is incorporated herein by reference. Like, from the REAL lawyers.

I. RELEVANT FACTS
Opening statements in this matter were made on January 2, 2013. Since that time the State has thrown evidence and his pen, yelled at nearly every witness who took the stand in support of Ms. Arias and has hurled personal insults at defense counsel. Juan: Next time, don’t throw your pen. In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions Oh. Nevermind. for mistrial that have been summarily denied by this court. More recently Ms. Arias has had to make mistrial motions because the State has not confined its misconduct to inside the courtroom. Most prominent amongst this extra-curricular misconduct is his decision The State is a “he’? to pose for photographs with his “fans” outside the courthouse steps where jurors could potentially see him so doing. In further efforts to prove his case in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law on April 4, 2013, the State unapologetically admitted that it had released a plethora of damming Oh my. I can think of only ONE thing in this trial I’d like to see dammed, "unapologetically," and it ain’t the Columbia River, although it’s almost as wide. evidence that would not otherwise come into trial to the media. Pending before this court is a motion for mistrial based on the former, Ms. Arias’ motion for mistrial based on the latter was summarily denied. [B} What? [/B] Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has ramifications that effect the word you want is “affect,” but who cares in yet another run-on sentence. the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective testimony for Ms. Arias.

And there ya have it, folks. The poorly written, half-wit argument for most everything happening in this sentencing phase.

I appreciate the information in your post about the killer's hard drive, Shadowboy. Such a sad loss for the Defense that there were no black & blue bruise images on the drive. They would have been so edifying & the killer was so sure they were there. In fact, she still blames her attorneys for not finding and producing them.

Feeling more deprived than ever that we are shut out of the proceedings, except for Twitter. FBI agent Joe Navarro tells us 80% of human communication is body language. We have good recall & we know the trial in chief was rich with visual output. Of course, he has plenty to say about such smirking and sneering as we saw. It is not just that the trial tweets leave out important material but that we cannot see justice at work and that is an aspect of trial we are entitled to. Joe Navarro is referring to such behavior in general, not in the Arias criminal proceeding. But the point is, though we are not body language experts, we react to it anyway, including Arias stretching out, laying out really, over the defense table. And now we can't. An important source of trial reality (80%!) is closed to us.

Harper Collins saw fit to publish Navarro's book. What Everybody Is Saying​.

quoting this because..I love Tuba. But it's also got me asking the question about how/where this trial will be shown after it's finished. Online only I guess? Will someone have to buy it? How will this go down do you guys think? AZcentral?

Please don't throw rotten eggs at me due to the source of the motion I discuss below. As we banter about the "hard drive" issue, IIRC, several forum members thought the"voice" of the DT motion was "off." Then, in the course of TRYING to find the official evidence/search warrant results collected when JA was finally brought into custody (NOTE: Somebody send me a hammer, so I can rid myself of OCD misery) …

Anyway, while poking around for police files, I ran across this comedic gem.
http://************************/wp-...Mistrial-4-7-2013-JodiAriasIsInnocent-com.pdf

The mid-section of this motion for mistrial attempts to back-fill with case law. But the opening is so clearly JA, flashing her “Einsteinian” IQ.

No wonder Nurmi wants off the case. As lead, he has no choice but to file his client’s legal justifications (right AZL?). Since this doc is a court filing, I’m pasting portions of it here (with my comments). Hope that’s OK, mods.

COMES NOW, Ms. Arias, (SERIOUSLY?) “Bring out your dead!!” by and through undersigned counsel to request that a mistrial be declared based on the prosecutorial misconduct that has infested like fleas these proceedings with a level of unfairness that cannot be cured bacon comes to mind … and the sizzle bar by any other means. Ms. Arias bases this assertion on the fact that the circus like atmosphere inside the courtroom that to date has included counsel for the State yelling at witnesses, attacking witnesses on personal level and throwing evidence.

Not content with confining his misconduct to inside the courtroom counsel for the State, pursuant to his own admissions, chose to release evidence that was not coming into evidence at trial to the media and to pose for pictures with his so called fans on the courthouse steps has turned what is supposed to be trial that comports with the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution and Art. 2, §§ 4, 15, 23, and 24 of the Arizona Constitution into something that more closely resembles a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693. Wish we had an Amendment to the Constitution against run-on sentences.

This State like Minnesota?of affairs has placed counsel for Ms. Arias in a position that they cannot fulfill the duties they owe Ms. Arias, pursuant Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 6.8. Counsel’s inability to fulfill these duties would thus result in Ms. Arias not having the benefit of the rights she is due pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution. Support for this Motion can be found in the attached Memorandum of Points and Authorities that is incorporated herein by reference. Like, from the REAL lawyers.

I. RELEVANT FACTS
Opening statements in this matter were made on January 2, 2013. Since that time the State has thrown evidence and his pen, yelled at nearly every witness who took the stand in support of Ms. Arias and has hurled personal insults at defense counsel. Juan: Next time, don’t throw your pen. In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions Oh. Nevermind. for mistrial that have been summarily denied by this court. More recently Ms. Arias has had to make mistrial motions because the State has not confined its misconduct to inside the courtroom. Most prominent amongst this extra-curricular misconduct is his decision The State is a “he’? to pose for photographs with his “fans” outside the courthouse steps where jurors could potentially see him so doing. In further efforts to prove his case in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law on April 4, 2013, the State unapologetically admitted that it had released a plethora of damming Oh my. I can think of only ONE thing in this trial I’d like to see dammed. And it ain’t the Columbia River, although it’s almost as wide. evidence that would not otherwise come into trial to the media. Pending before this court is a motion for mistrial based on the former, Ms. Arias’ motion for mistrial based on the latter was summarily denied. [B} What? Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has ramifications that effect the word you want is “affect,” but who cares in yet another run-on sentence. the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective testimony for Ms. Arias.

And there ya have it, folks. The poorly written, half-wit argument for most everything happening in this sentencing phase.

Sadly,there's no reason to think that was written by CMJA. Think Nurmi.

Stupid question alert: shadowboy are the comments written inside the of your post your commentary on the motion? I think the system didn't bold you where you intended maybe?

(I see you're fixing it..thanks, much easier to read)

Please don't throw rotten eggs at me due to the source of the motion I discuss below. As we banter about the "hard drive" issue, IIRC, several forum members thought the"voice" of the DT motion was "off." Then, in the course of TRYING to find the official evidence/search warrant results collected when JA was finally brought into custody (NOTE: Somebody send me a hammer, so I can rid myself of OCD misery) …

Anyway, while poking around for police files, I ran across a comedic gem. It's motion for mistrial filed 4-7-2013

I. RELEVANT FACTS
Opening statements in this matter were made on January 2, 2013. Since that time the State has thrown evidence and his pen, yelled at nearly every witness who took the stand in support of Ms. Arias and has hurled personal insults at defense counsel. Juan: Next time, don’t throw your pen. In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions Oh. Nevermind. for mistrial that have been summarily denied by this court. More recently Ms. Arias has had to make mistrial motions because the State has not confined its misconduct to inside the courtroom. Most prominent amongst this extra-curricular misconduct is his decision The State is a “he’? to pose for photographs with his “fans” outside the courthouse steps where jurors could potentially see him so doing. In further efforts to prove his case in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law on April 4, 2013, the State unapologetically admitted that it had released a plethora of damming Oh my. I can think of only ONE thing in this trial I’d like to see dammed, "unapologetically," and it ain’t the Columbia River, although it’s almost as wide. evidence that would not otherwise come into trial to the media. Pending before this court is a motion for mistrial based on the former, Ms. Arias’ motion for mistrial based on the latter was summarily denied. [B} What? [/B] Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has ramifications that effect the word you want is “affect,” but who cares in yet another run-on sentence. the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective testimony for Ms. Arias.

I do believe you're right shadow. What jumps out at me is the word "comport." This was one of Jodi's favorite 10-dollar words she used to sound smart, used here, for example:

“I wanted to comport with the law of chastity because I believed that our relationship would be blessed if we did that,” she testified, dressed in a light wool blouse and eyeglasses.

http://www.alan.com/2013/02/11/jodi...mport-with-the-law-of-chastity/#ixzz3JTkHqH3q

"Wish we had an Amendment to the Constitution against run-on sentences"

:floorlaugh:

Seriously, that paragraph made me go cross-eyed. Was that English?

To be hoesnt, Jodi's grammar is usually a little better than this though.

As we banter about the "hard drive" issue, IIRC, several forum members thought the"voice" of the DT motion was "off." Then, in the course of TRYING to find the official evidence/search warrant results collected when JA was finally brought into custody (NOTE: Somebody send me a hammer, so I can rid myself of OCD misery) …

I. RELEVANT FACTS

It's interesting Nurmi whines about "hurling insults" yet his entire defense strategy is an insult to the dead victim in this case.

I. RELEVANT FACTS

Right, so JA is even abused by a prosecutor. :eyeroll:

The throwing the pen is awesome! :lol: Gotta go find that one. I think this happened when Dr. Samuels was the witness. It was when the test scores were different.

quoting this because..I love Tuba. But it's also got me asking the question about how/where this trial will be shown after it's finished. Online only I guess? Will someone have to buy it? How will this go down do you guys think? AZcentral?

I don't know...maybe the brillliant David Lohr! We can hope!

I'm hoping that at least the official court footage, if not the media footage, will end up on youtube.

The only believable part of that motion for me was when it stated: "In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions." That shouldn't have bothered her, she herself testified she had plenty of experience with oral motions. :shame: So, no harm... no foul IMO. Thanks for posting that Shadowboy.

I'm hoping that at least the official court footage, if not the media footage, will end up on youtube.

I think it will eventually. I just wonder who it will be released to initially ,if they will have to purchase it, local tv? I haven't heard anything...it would make sense if it ended up on Beth K's site too.

Could it be possible that the defense has finally stopped arguing with JA about how to proceed with this trial? I ask this because this current witness, who has been described on various occasions as an aging clairvoyant, a soothsayer, and a ventriloquist dummy (the last my description), is obviously spinning a tale that the still-obsessed convict would like. "Death in the background," etc.. Someone here made a reference to star-crossed lovers.

It has become clear to me that JA was obsessed with Travis--not in love with him, but obsessed. She wanted to own that young man, and she believed she did so sexually in a very revolting way. This is really hideous. During the guilt phase of the trial, she showed signs that she was still obsessed with him--showing interest in references to him and her, references to the interviews where she described their relationship, references (in graphic detail) of what she did to him, references to women he was sexually attracted to. This obsession was CARNAL. The spiritual aspects and aspects of real friendship were not there, no matter what JA believes. It's horrific. She attributes this carnal relationship to matters of mind and spirit, which were obviously lacking. And she still does, even six years after this man's death.

So this witness, the soothsayer, is convenient. Where did the defense find her?!

There's a reason 'no violence' and 'no sex' among prisoners are TOP of the list of rules.

With all of the acronyms that get used on this site, I just spent 5 minutes of my life trying to figure out what TOP meant. :blushing: Sometimes, I don't think I'm an Einstein.

Could it be possible that the defense has finally stopped arguing with JA about how to proceed with this trial? I ask this because this current witness, who has been described on various occasions as an aging clairvoyant, a soothsayer, and a ventriloquist dummy (the last my description), is obviously spinning a tale that the still-obsessed convict would like. "Death in the background," etc.. Someone here made a reference to star-crossed lovers.

It has become clear to me that JA was obsessed with Travis--not in love with him, but obsessed. She wanted to own that young man, and she believed she did so sexually in a very revolting way. This is really hideous. During the guilt phase of the trial, she showed signs that she was still obsessed with him--showing interest in references to him and her, references to the interviews where she described their relationship, references (in graphic detail) of what she did to him, references to women he was sexually attracted to. This obsession was CARNAL. The spiritual aspects and aspects of real friendship were not there, no matter what JA believes. It's horrific. She attributes this carnal relationship to matters of mind and spirit, which were obviously lacking. And she still does, even six years after this man's death.

So this witness, the soothsayer, is convenient. Where did the defense find her?!

Are you by chance watching that show The Affair on Showtime? Reminds me of this dynamic, carnal with nothing substantial as you say here .

BBM: yes!

I was thinking about this. After Jodi was convicted she started complaining about her defense not finding all the evidence of abuse and neglecting to interview people that would corroborate it. I think it's just that the defense refused to chase after silly things like mass emails and put people on the stand to outright lie for her.

But, of course, Jodi knows better. Perhaps Nurmi just broke down and said fine, Jodi, you wanna do it your way? Ok, we'll do it your way. And started going along with what she wanted him to, possibly to prove a point, possibly to shut her up. And maybe this is the reason why he has been desperate to close his case off citing, among other things, that, "Willmott and I will be scrutinized for years to come." Well, I should say so. It won't be Jodi that'll be embarrassed by a poor performance, it's her attorneys. Perhaps a foreshadowing of just how ridiculous this is going to get.

Stupid question alert: shadowboy are the comments written inside the of your post your commentary on the motion? I think the system didn't bold you where you intended maybe?

(I see you're fixing it..thanks, much easier to read)

Sorry. Tried to 'pre-format' HTML codes before I posted. Didn't work. Thanks for calling it to my attention!

Are you by chance watching that show The Affair on Showtime? Reminds me of this dynamic, carnal with nothing substantial as you say here .

No, KCL...but great comment! While I know that the defense went far beyond what was necessary about the sexual aspects of their relationship, I know damn well that JA concentrated on that to an extent that seems inhuman. She is that crazy. This witness is testifying about their "love" for each other. Really?

BBM: yes!

I was thinking about this. After Jodi was convicted she started complaining about her defense not finding all the evidence of abuse and neglecting to interview people that would corroborate it. I think it's just that the defense refused to chase after silly things like mass emails and put people on the stand to outright lie for her.

But, of course, Jodi knows better. Perhaps Nurmi just broke down and said fine, Jodi, you wanna do it your way? Ok, we'll do it your way. And started going along with what she wanted him to, possibly to prove a point, possibly to shut her up. And maybe this is the reason why he has been desperate to close his case off citing, among other things, that, "Willmott and I will be scrutinized for years to come." Well, I should say so. It won't be Jodi that'll be embarrassed by a poor performance, it's her attorneys. Perhaps a foreshadowing of just how ridiculous this is going to get.

I'd say he should know better but someone like that can really wear you down--they're called "crazy-making" for a reason.

If I had to sit and listen to her junior Delores Umbridge diction while trying to collaborate on a sensible defense for her I'd end up coming to court with my pants on my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89